Happy Days
Years ago

Sth Pen pulls Big V Mens Team.

Sad to see no team for next season. Be interesting to know how much money is being poured into the womens program. No player pathway for men....

Topic #38140 | Report this topic

Chilled  
Years ago

Thats a real shame. Thought they were doing ok?

Reply #553363 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

with the amount of juniors playing HD i wouldn't think it is a big amount, might be wrong but i think they only paid 2 girls last season. sad about the mens

Reply #553375 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Womens team running 2 imports next season.

Reply #553377 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

there you go. but i don't think female imports cost anywhere near the amount of male imports do they? just can't imagine their budget being huge, but with no mens program i guess it is possible

Reply #553383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some clubs choose to put most of there eggs in the mens basket. Southern Pen have chosen to go the other way and seems to have worked well on that side of the club for now.

Reply #553397 | Report this post

Mad Hatter  
Years ago

Remove youth league for 2015 season- was this to carry the cost for move to SCW and now no Senior Men - many things to wonder about - Reading there notice on the website - looking to build from with in -YL first 2017 - where does that leave the players from "with in" previously at SP who had no opportunity to move up to the men's team over the past few years - Started to look like becoming a female association now confirmed you could think.

Reply #553405 | Report this post

SharkMan  
Years ago

This false. 100%

People are trying cause dramas... Get a life

Spoke to the club today and can confirm they will be playing in 2016

The same people who said Mornington are pulling out

Reply #553408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's on their website peanut and their Facebook page.Cant be much more factual than that.

Reply #553410 | Report this post

gelder  
Years ago

Goneski!

Reply #553411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. Drastic

Why not just drop down to D2M? If they fielded a team of their u/20 and u/18s they would be competitive in that divy. Especially if they added an import.

Reply #553412 | Report this post

SharkMan  
Years ago

Reply #553413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does this mean for D1m? I hear some teams going up to SCM? Will they still be conferences?

Reply #553415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor SharkMan

Reply #553422 | Report this post

Mad Hatter  
Years ago

#412 Good idea for YL-use 18 & 20's as a lot of clubs do but they have no 20's and haven't for years. Previous YL players moving up had little chance to get in the men's teams - looked to be closed shop esp late couple of years - so no doubt moved elsewhere - look at Manny - moved and some of the other players went too. Will take more than 12-18 months to restart - or do they expect their current out of 18 & older players to hang around and wait. Don't think so.

Reply #553455 | Report this post

Dwayne Pipe  
Years ago

Sad considering the history of the men's program there.

So, what happend?

Reply #553501 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

don't feel so bad about not getting interviewed for the mens d1 job now

Reply #553508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given the direction they are taking (local talent) it will be interesting to see how many of the SCW have played juniors at Sharks, particularly given that there are 2 imports and now a bit of cash for "travel money". Do they really have the depth to head this way in both men and women? Not talking next year but in 2-5 years? For as long as I can remember Sharks have always had senior players coming / invited to the club with a few juniors/locals thrown in. For the sake of the game on the Mornington Peninsula I hope the new direction works, big gamble though.

Reply #553573 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Their SCW team is already announced so you can go and see how many juniors are involved. if their rebuild is anything like the womens team rebuild they will be fine

Reply #553594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't the coach of this team the same bloke Bogut had a crack at ??

Reply #553777 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Was the coach past 2 season

Reply #553809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is currently suspended from coaching

Reply #553810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No he's not. Nice try. Ask Casey what a joke the suspension was over!
Terrible form from the club, many of players on team found out second hand and first official correspondence was from the release put out on Friday. Shows how much they actually cared about their men's program.

Reply #553813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well apparently the Women's budget was the same as the Men's this year, need I say more...

Reply #553815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So hes not, but we should ask Corey what the suspension is over? Makes total sense.

Reply #553816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To someone that can read it does. Not currently suspended. Was. It had nothing to do with men's team being pulled out.

Reply #553817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So does anyone have an answer on why he was suspended ??

Reply #553819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disputing a decision with a ref with an axe to grind

Reply #553821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At what level Bug V ??

Reply #553822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a great role model for the kids he coaches. Suspended for 'disputing' a referees decision. No wonder Southern Penn is in tatters if they have people like this coaching there.

Reply #553823 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Theres some very misinformed commentary here.The suspension he got at the time for disputing a refs decision was a joke ask any of the other Big V coaches.The board didnt handle it well and if you dont have the backing of the board why would you bother being there.

Reply #553831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why weren't the men's players notified, pretty poor.

Reply #553844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never heard of a bloke getting suspended for nothing. If all the other big v "coaches" agree, why no appeal?
Sour grapes. Seems like this fella has had a bad few months, not surprised after working with him at one of his previous clubs.
Bloke sure thought he was above everyone.

All his previous clubs don't have nice things to say, will be surprised if this bloke gets another coaching gig (once his suspension is over that is)

Reply #553871 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Did the same with YL men last year - most found out when media release went up - no communication given to all YL players and they were left stranded as there was no tryouts for senior mens - just coach approach & selection - seems like seniors turn this year.

Reply #553873 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The decision with the mens team had zero to do with Luke, so stop using this as an excuse to bash his name.

Reply #553882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't get suspended for "nothing" if you read the earlier comments, he got suspended for disputing a ref, which, I guarantee every coach has done. It was a harsh penalty. Sunderland chose not to coach Big V at Sth Penn and his prev clubs I'm sure. Im sure he won't be concerned about getting other coaching roles in future.... There is more to bball than Big V and I've never heard of someone being like by everyone they've ever worked with, it's not realistic to think any other way. Ftom my experience, it's the people that count that like him

Reply #553886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The ones that have dealt with him speak highly of him, the ones that haven't, come on his forum and have their two cents worth

Reply #553888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im guessing the clubs he has left a trail of destrction with beg to differ, they dont count? Highly doubt they have him on their xmas card list. Can put BV in that basket too.

Where ever he goes trouble follows. Lets hope he goes to the Rangers soon!

Reply #553906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Sniping.)

Reply #553989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds about right.

Reply #554009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coached vs him a few times. Very smug.

Reply #554110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems to have been part of some successful sides. Grand finals at Casey and at Southern Pen at different levels. Was also a Assistant at Mckinnon. So seems o have a pretty good history from what I hear.

As for the person above saying to ask "Casey" I think you will find that two officials from Casey actually testified in his defense at the tribunal hearing.

I have seen the video footage as it was on youtube as to why the complaint was made.

It cost the team the game as it wa in the last play of the game. When the oppostiion coach and an official from that club testifies on your behalf I think you would feel pretty justified to be upset.

Reply #554126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was final ruling?

Reply #554131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cut my son from a club he coached because he had a ''bad attitude". Well, getting suspended from Big V Mr.Sunderland? Hello Pot, I'm kettle.

Reply #554501 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Can't imagine where your son got an attitude from...

Reply #554503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No bad blood with him and McKinnon. Only reason left was distance from home. They would be pretty happy he was there when he was, brought kale Harrison over and that worked out well for all involved!

Reply #554535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunderland himself posting ^^^Hows the suspension treating Phil Jackson himself?

Reply #554542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you would think this guy was a college all american the way he talks and acts around the BIG V community. Not surprised by any means he was let go from his club or job. Seen him at numerous Big V events/sessions, sits by himself glued to his phone the whole time not giving much to anybody.

Reply #555287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't let go from anywhere. Chose not to re apply at sp, resigned from boguts.
Knowing Luke, he used to and scout every team he played against, probably why on his phone taking notes and sitting on his own? Also knowing Luke, he will talk your ear off and have a laugh, not a rude person by any means
Also remember a lot of hate coming about before the start of last season but then went all quiet once sp started doing well? Funny how everybody comes out when there is negativity surrounding.
But hey, as this thread keeps on going, I'm sure none of what has been written here will be acknowledged, but move on to some other crap, maybe his hair colour now. Reminds me of primary school arguments.

Reply #555298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe you should scout how to not abuse referees then lie and deny it.....

Reply #555359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw him do a clinic last year. Average at best.

The kids hanging on to dreams he trained at bogarts academy is his ceiling. Not an elite development coach as shown by his track record of sending kids to community colleges and canada!!!! Pay to play schools

Another coach in aus who thinks he is better than the rest with no body of work, just a mouth.

Reply #555495 | Report this post

Realistic....  
Years ago

Some of you need to get a life. You keep raising stuff that, earlier in the topic, was refutted by many people. You keep bagging the guy with baseless claims.

If you are so certain of your facts, why don't you put your balls on the line and use your own names. If you so sure about what your saying, you wouldn't have anything to fear. If you don't use your names, rather than Anonymous, then you must fear losing a defamation charge or being embarrassed becuase you some petty little hater.

I've know Luke for ages and the rubbish your talking is out of hate or sheer stupidity.

Maybe the Forum Administrator could arrange for IP address to be shown so we can see if the same people are constantly throwing baseless claims around.

Be real, get a life and leave this guy alone.

Reply #555626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah the irony of the above post posted by Sunderland with a username of Realistic.

Reply #556061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754