Bretts The Man
Years ago

Ere .. Joey i feel insulted

If it was not bad enough to drag a import back after 6 years away at a very mature age ,but he turns up in absolute overweight and unfit state.
Just so hard to believe that a professional club and player would do that to their supporters who make it all happen.
You would have thought that new owners would have at least tried to get 1 decent import .
With so many positives about the NBL this season and recruiting a strong Aust. base it was a real shock to hear we recruited Ere but to see him that condition was laughable if not so damn depressing.

Topic #38151 | Report this topic

Matthew  
Years ago

He didnt appear that big on screen.

Reply #553784 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Actually its the owners that 'make it all happen', you buy a ticket and that entitles you to a seat to an great game.

If you feel insulted by the team's choice of players, I'd suggest you need to seek counselling.

Reply #553792 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

No Marcus I don't buy a ticket to the game I buy a season membership every year like thousands of others that make this team survive .
Not the owners or previous owners or the ones before them etc etc.
Now we know where you come from Marcus so did not really need to respond .
But as a true supporter I probably felt more embarrassed really that someone at that shape and fitness level was representing my team and I believe that is what this site is for to post our thoughts .

Reply #553794 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Ohh?

If you knew 'where I came from' , you wouldn't profess to be a true supporter.

A true supporter would get behind the team not harp on about his level of outrage after a loss.

Reply #553797 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Agree with the original post, its depressing.

Reply #553800 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

Should have brought back Daimon Simpson! Or seriously at least someone like him!!!

He too was unfit but he still consistently hit the stats.

And he wasn't a short ass!

Just one injury to one of our two talls and we are toast this season in this very big competition!

Reply #553801 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I honestly feel terrible for 36ers fan watching, he can't defend anyone yeah he went nuts hit 13 points in a quarter the other night but i cant see him doing that very often when he cant even create his own shot!

Reply #553807 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Marcus Camby continues his track record of personally insulting passionate supporters. Where do you get off, telling people they need counselling and telling them how to act. You have no idea who the person behind that keyboard is, what they have been thru, and instead of sticking to the topic you play the man. You should be ashamed you pathetic bully.

If it was up to me I wouldn't cut Ebi yet but there is a lot of red flags and he needs a very strong next couple of games.

Reply #553812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's give him some more time. It's noto t time to hit the panic button just yet we spanked last year's defending champion and were right in it for threev quarters last night. Ere didn't have much influence last night but is still working his way back to full playing fitness. With another months games under his belt he could look very different

Reply #553818 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Swagger, i worked out ages ago Marcus Camby is trolling. Just check the track record of Clarke and Radford and Cambys take. SImply ignore the posts its better for everyone!

Reply #553820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they didn't spank breakers, they were down Abercrombie, Webster and Pledger so they should have got that result. And Ebi is not fit enough. But more worrying is the eratic and then at times non responsive coaching. I couldn't work ou thw combos last night and when a good one was on the floor they were pulled belfre they had a chance to get motoring. They reverted back to the loyalty card in the 4th leaving the exciting combo of Carlin, Hodgson and Sobey on the bench when there was no spark on the floor. Like Johnson paired with Carlin or Hodgson. and I am going to say somwthing that won't be popular and i have been a fan for a long time but Peach is not cutting it to his old standard anymore. To get the wins they will need to bench their loyalty cards on occasions including Gibbo and bring on the fired up youth in the team.. on a final note umps were rubbish all over the court last night. very inconsistent and the lack of score board and the men able to glance up and see where they are at is appalling. but this is SA and players are getting use to not being able to see the scores, happens every week in Seniors and Youth using 3 courts at the Arena. It is embarrassing.. Forget all the fancy crap NBL and get the players the essentials like good consistent umps and a scoreboard. your fancy webs and deals are not buying me I go to games so I want my game experience to be good and I know my basketball so i want to see good basketball and i want to see the bloody scores and stats !!!!!!!!!

Reply #553824 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Would wait on Ere depending on how McNeail recovers from injury but think the Sixers need one gun import and one role player. Both appear to be solid but unspectacular.

Reply #553825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi isnt the only import having a slow start to the season,

Thornton, Jett, Craig, Starks, Prather all averaging similar numbers, so i say give them all a few games to settle in before wanting them cut.

Guys like Beal and Lisch have had slow starts in prior years and gone on to win GF MVP;'s, not saying any of these guys will do that, but lets not jump the gun here.

I also get the feeling Ebi was bought in to be our 'Torrey Craig', spark plug off the bench sharing the sf spot with Creek, so lets not hold him to MVP standards, he shot poorly against Perth, but aslong as his overall shooting numbers are decent and he averages around 10-15 ponts a game in this role than i think he is doing ok.

Reply #553827 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

Could be worse they could of brought back christophson

Reply #553828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Were you having a whinge when the 36ers beat NZ? Accept that you got beaten by a better team on the night, basketball is a team sport don't blame individuals

Reply #553830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes i was telling everyone to settle down saying sixers were fantastic beating the reigning champs when they did it on their home floor with a depleted breakers withoit webster abdrcrombie and pledger so don't make assumptions that it is about the loss. i was there and it was ugly the crowd was flat. the 2nd half was woeful and looked like the refs had instructions to not blow a call so it got ugly at both ends for both teams. i thought the fourth was a sixers coaching issue so i am looking at the entire game. and who would not complain at nbl if their team had no scoreboard. can't imagine melbourne sydney or perth would find it acceptable so don't patronise and judge me. i was there and i couldn't care less about the win/loss just good basketball, good refs and a bloody scoreboard no matter which team i am watching from my kids to nbl to nba to college or euroball

Reply #553832 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Agreed and always do Kobe24, but when I see him being a pig to others he should be shamed into stopping this bullying act of his.

Reply #553834 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

No Swagger, my track record is of supporting the club through thick and thin, even when they have made decisions I may not agree with.

If you are going to use words like depressing, which is a real concern amongst men, I did the prudent thing to suggest seeking help.

We are actually in agreeance on the relevant topic, give Ere more time.

Reply #553838 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Anon'824.

"Forget all the fancy crap NBL and get the players the essentials like good consistent umps and a scoreboard. your fancy webs and deals are not buying me I go to games so I want my game experience to be good and I know my basketball"

So you think its the NBL's (read : LK's) responsibility to provide you with a scoreboard?

I wonder what the reaction would be if Nick Marvin put his hand out to LK for a scoreboard @ Perth Arena?

Is it at all possible that that is the responsibility of the Club and Venue owner?

Ideally, the NBL should have minimum standards for venues in terms of numbers, visuals/audio and safety.

Thankfully for the Sixers, the Crocs smashed through the minimum standards floor last year with the RSL venue. So the Sixers can take their time to address the scoreboard issue.

Reply #553839 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nothing better than this site after a 36ers loss for entertainment value. The past two years we've had all the same whinges going on while the team goes about its business being successful. I guess it's good there is this outlet for some fans, saves a few dogs being kicked in frustration!

Reply #553841 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

No your track record is of insulting others who don't support the club in the way you deem appropriate.

Reply #553842 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Paul, thankfully the flavour changes a little every year.

Before it was DJ for tugging his shorts. Last year it was Wilson's ball hogging. This year is Ere's BMI and the lack of scoreboard.

Gotta give it to the 'most knowledgable fans' for coming up with new stuff to bitch about year in year out.

I feel sorry for Townsville fans...the only thing they have to complain about is their club going into VA every year. Pales in comparison to a scoreboard I know.

Reply #553845 | Report this post

Kaiju  
Years ago

^^^^^^ Agree with Camby on all fronts :P

Reply #553848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul and Marcus, the fans just have this sense of entitlement that their tickets give them the right to have such things where their ticket gives them a seat in the stadium.

Reply #553849 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Is BJ Anthony still on the books at 36ers? Obviously he's injured but haven't seen him on the sidelines.

Reply #553851 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Anon'849, exactly.

Like the guy who complained he had to pay $100 to park for the whole season.

Wonder if he has been to Sydney?

Reply #553852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyrell,

No, he's signed with a team in the UK.

Reply #553857 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

It is unacceptable for a pro team to not have a scoreborad

Reply #553860 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

It is unacceptable for a pro team to not have a scoreborad

Also unacceptable not to have all announcements spoken in English.

I never did learn static!

Reply #553880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only the long termers will understand...

Marcus Camby, proving that someone had to take the mantle from yogee all those years ago for the title of fan with no idea what he's on about.

Reply #553963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez Paul when have the Sixers been successful in the last 2 seasons. They are the next team other than the crocs and the hawks to go bust.
This year won't help stem the rot.
Unless Joey goes to Brisbane ;)

Reply #553992 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

After being the worst team in the NBL over the three previous seasons,camping a GF and an SF is success. Thankfully,come folks like yourself can't see it and you keep the rest of us entertained every time the 36ers play a bad quarter.

Reply #553994 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yogeeee! Now that was one odd cat... they have a lot in common.

Reply #554018 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yogee was ok - Cheezeburger was the funny one IMO - where was he when Atlanta stopped sucking!

As for Sixers, you're 1 and 1. Got run over by a fresh team after playing on Wednesday. Not ideal but not end if the world. Team looks to have great balance with a stud 5 plus able backup. Couple of athletic slashers and old head in Peach and then a guard rotation who can all score on a given night plus rotate to keep the pace up. Give it time and let's see what happens!

Reply #554021 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@paul,

The whole place is delightfully bipolar at times.

Reply #554023 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Statman I agree with your take in all of ways. My main concern is purely with Ere, and his lack of conditioning. Its a very short season and he has no real time to get fit and get going so to speak. I just wish the 36ers or Joey had thought logically and not emotionally on his signing. Doesnt make any sense to me...

Reply #554030 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jamar Wilson changed your mind last season, let's see what Ebi does this year. Both signings have been made by people with far greater knowledge of what's needed for the 36ers to be successful than you and I.

Reply #554031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's ignore the bottom line Paul. Take off the glasses.

Reply #554032 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I said knew more than Kobe and I, not anonymouses on hoops.com.au, I wouldn't be that silly, everyone knows you guys have the answers for everything. If only clubs knew who you were.

Reply #554035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it "anonymi"?

Reply #554037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyrell: Bj Anthony is in England playing. Where have you been?

Reply #554038 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not enough of a rodent feel to that for my liking.

Reply #554039 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It's only recently that I’ve started reading hoops consistently. I never realised there’d be comedic value like the opening post.

I’m glad a few dogs weren’t kicked, and are therefore breathing easy as a result of the existence of hoops.com.au.

Reply #554122 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Relax mate.

It's two games in.

Both McNeail and Ere coming back from INJURIES.

McNeail showed a lot of promise at the Blitz.

Ere lit it up for 13 points in a quarter last Wednesday night.

Give it a few weeks.

Reply #554125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is being fat "coming off an injury"?

Reply #554283 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Is coming off injury
-- Being totally overweight for a sport person , let alone a professional sports player.
-- Having opposition players blow past you like you were a lamp post.

-- Having balls stripped off you at least twice maybe 3 times.

-- watch opposition blow past you to get loose balls etc.

-- not even able to get into open space when team trying to set you up.

Hey this is not about us losing a game or if Ere might have a game or so score a run of points .
This about a well paid player turning up for a season in that condition representing proud supporters of this proud club who put their hard earned money into assisting their club to have best possible team.

Reply #554513 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

LV, Bretts the Man has form. He is too young to remember that Ere has always been that shape - it is as much his natural (playing) body shape as Jawai's is, which he has always used to his physical advantage. He might be unfit, but he is not 'totally overweight'.

Didn't see anyone blow by him on defence, have thought his defence so far has been ok. Offensively, he clearly had a stinker last weekend and it was concerning that at one stage he could not run off of the screens set for him to get an open look, but credit Perth's defence and the absence of a plan B in Adelaide's offence.

Reply #554519 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Sixers fans are just too depressing. Just eat your own when things don't go your way in one game!! Most of you Port Adelaide AFL fans by chance???

Reply #554537 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Brett....there you go again with the 'my hard earned money'.

You make it sound like the Sixers are the only team in the league to receive revenue from fans.

Hint : your money guarantees you a seat, not Steph Curry.

Reply #554699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you know how Brett earns his money?

Maybe you earn it a little too easily whereas he doesn't?

Reply #554707 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Bl---y Hell Marcus there you go again providing same theme in response although already answered your previous crap about buying a seat .
Here we go again just to see if you have ability to see past your own crap,.
Again i and thousands others don't buy a seat we buy season memberships that is what the club and every other sporting club build off on .
Without that there is no club no matter how much money owner has.
But even if we were just buying a seat , there is still a requirement there, like buying a seat to see say Robbie Williams and he turns up off his face and can't remember words or keep in tune surely anybody would feel ripped off .
Thats why we expect our sportsman to come to a game in some sort of fitness.
Finally re your bizarre point re Curry .
Where in my post have I mentioned anything about choosing someone else as my whole point is about his inability to perform because he come to our club not fit enough to do his job and if anyone wants to challenge that then look at the replay at not at his skills but his ability to be competitive due to slowness and lack of movement.

Reply #554722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754