Luuuc
Years ago

R1: New Zealand vs Townsville

Tips off in 5 min. Viewable live in the usual places plus free to air on GO!

Vukona out, but Abercrombie & Pledger back in.

Topic #38152 | Report this topic

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Isn't the Melbourne v Illawarra on FTA?

Reply #553861 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Isn't the Melbourne v Illawarra on FTA?"
Sorry, yes - you are correct

Reply #553862 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not exactly the greatest colour contrast between these 2 uniforms!

Reply #553863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Black vs Dark Grey

Reply #553864 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Seriously, how did these uniforms get approved! This is like a social comp, very unprofessional looking.

Reply #553865 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

No 10 second swear delay on the Fox telecast I see :D

Reply #553867 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Seriously, is this some kind of sick joke from the NBL with the choice of Uniform colours, I'm struggling to watch with the colour contrast. For crying out loud why aren't the Crocs in the Green??

Reply #553868 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Or white? Dark = home, light = away. I don't know how these Crocs jerseys can be considered 'light'.

Reply #553869 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's good that we get this duo for commentary on the NZ games on Fox.

Reply #553870 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

On the close-up shots it's not too bad, so I'm not as worried for the players as I was at first, but the normal wide view for the tv audience is terrible with the colour similarity

Reply #553872 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Every possession for Townsville should just be 'give the ball to Conklin and see what he can do'.

Reply #553874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think anyone in the NBL office went you can't have these colours against each other. Like NZ v Adelaide in first game.

Believe the league is getting a lot right but not this. makes it hard for stats and scorers alike let alone looks horrible on TV.

Reply #553875 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jett plays like the rookie he is. One moment he makes a really nice play, at he next a silly mistake. He's not the type of player this Crocs team needs, they need a steady head to guide all these youngsters. Crocs lucky to be within 12 at quarter time. Abercrombie and Pledger looking good for NZ, so is Bartlett.

Reply #553876 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I love that grey design, looks great. If theyd known jordair was joining the team they should've gone with black though. It's more slimming apparently.

Reply #553879 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Why does Conklin never get called for hooking? He gets away with it quite a bit.

I see a noticeable improvement in Bartlett's game. He did have a tendency to push the issue/take ill advised shots. Now he seems to calm down take his time and pick and choose his moments - felt like in the past he was trying too hard to establish himself instead of just playing within the offence.

Losing Markovic was huge for the Crocs. They'll miss him badly. Everything that they need right now..he has.

Reply #553881 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Ok......so the NBL have given away 5000 'GREY' shirts to the NZ supporters and that's the Colour the Crocs are wearing..... These are the basics the NBL must get right from the start along with the Uniform colours. The NBL will always be the backwash of Australian sport if they can't even organise simple things.

Reply #553883 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Maybe the Breakers are doing the Crocs a favour and trying to show them what it's like to play in front of a home crowd?

Reply #553884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the NBL had 5100 grey shirts made up, gave one away to every Crocs fan the other night, and then just gave the leftovers to the NZ fans today

Reply #553885 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Jett and Ebi, soem of the worst conditioned imports ive seen, period. I get TSV have minimal coin and in many ways are lucky to be competing but surely there is better PG's available in condition.

Reply #553887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jett & Conklin were college teammates. Maybe signing Jett was a condition of Conklin returning?

Reply #553889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

friggin ridiculous the uniforms. black numbers on black and dark grey number on dark grey. TV contract is just a joke if the league cant even get the basics right.

It is not that hard to do.

Reply #553891 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

New NBL team coming in next year. St Louis Alumni Rams:

Jett
Lisch
Ellis
Conklin
Rob Loe

Reply #553892 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Is Jett out of shape? I think that's just his build.

Reply #553893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jett is clearly out of shape, took a year off from basketball last season.

Reply #553894 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Round is a shape.

Haha nah just messing around.

Reply #553895 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

It isn't a 'bad' game, just a slightly boring one. I am feeling sorry for Crocs a bit. They are going to be slowly pummelled in almost every game. They will start all right, and just get worn down.

Reply #553898 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Jett and Ebi, soem of the worst conditioned imports ive seen, period. I get TSV have minimal coin and in many ways are lucky to be competing but surely there is better PG's available in condition."

Jett is their SG.

Reply #553901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice modern looking court on the broadcast. Is this vector?

Reply #553902 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Out of all that, thats what you pick out ti disect? PG/SG same issue...

Reply #553903 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Must admit, even know I am a Breakers fan I am much more excited to see the Hawks Melb game.

IMO Breakers aren't too exciting this year.

Reply #553904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Between Charles Jackson and jett there's some nice hair here

Reply #553905 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not really. He's there to be a scoring option rather than a floor general. I think they need a combo of the two, but let's see how Jett's goes.

Reply #553909 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Combo of the two" = Markovic.

I'm gutted for them about his departure.

Reply #553917 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I seriously don't see how the Crocs win a game all season. Am i being overwrought?

Reply #553986 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah i dont see Jett as being a cheap signing, more a sign of really lazy import recruiting.

"Hey brian conklin we havent really scouted any imports and since we gave you all of Todd Blanchfield's money maybe you could scout for us, know a guy who needs a job?"

Reply #553988 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Prob more about keeping Conklin. Jett's college resume is very good, and he showed some real talent today along with his rookie mistakes, let's see what he's capable of once he settles in.

The Crocs will struggle unless all their main pieces perform at once, and that will only happen so many times in a season, they'll need to make the most of those nights.

Reply #553990 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ that's the diplomatic way of saying "yep, they're fucked"

Reply #553991 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep! They could win, maybe 8-10 games if things come together, but it could also be 4-6 if they don't find combos that work.

Reply #553993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were the runaway favourites for the spoon with all the betting agencies for a reason.

Reply #554008 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

If Townsville chose Conklin over Blanchfield they're idiots. Easier to get a good cheap import than a local. Obviously hard with easily the lowest budget in the league.

Reply #554012 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I don't think Jett has played so bad. Certainly, Markell Starks has had a harder time in his first 2 games than Jett.

I also don't think he is 'out of shape'. Much of his size looks to be muscle, and the extra kgs will work off during the course of the season.

I think the Crocs' are getting what they would expect from Jett. He was always going to be a limited player with no outside shot. He isn't much of a floor general, but you cant blame him for the teams decision to take him on.

I think he could come up "okay", but at the moment it is Markel Starks or Charles Jackson my pick for first import on a plane.

Reply #554017 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Jett played good today. Just out of shape so can't play that many minutes.

Reply #554033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know where I can get a working boxscore of this game?

Reply #554045 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Seems to be a lot of imports that need to utilise the 'settle in' card, season is too short for all that. Going to be a lot of games in the first 5 rounds teams lose that will come back to bite them, if they still haven't gelled by then. I really hope Jett can get it right for his sake and that of the Crocs, i feel for them this season, hard to draw a crowd at the best of times.

Reply #554064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still no box score for this game?

Reply #554067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's going on with the box score. Where can we find all the results on one page like they had with sporting pulse?

Reply #554099 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Breakers played ok in patches.

It was great to see the big Pledgehammer playing and he made an impact at both ends of the floor in his limited minutes.

Abercrombies offensive touch made a difference as did his rebounding and defense.

Charles Jackson looked like he was enjoying himself. Missed a few he should have made and made a few he probably could have missed. Rebounded well and got up and down the floor well.

Bartlett & TeRangi shot the ball a lot better this time.

NZ can at least build on that performance. The effort was there in regards to rebounding and defense. They just need to tidy up on the passing.

Reply #554116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754