Anonymous
Years ago

Where has Derek Rucker been all my life?

Can't say enough about the slick, professional, entertaining performance from this guy in his commentary.

Where's he been? And kudos to whoever's idea it was to get him on board.

I can see why he dates models etc, just a smooth performer and good attention to detail in his comments too.

Topic #38158 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Rucker is near perfect in everything except his interviews, outstanding commentator who brings insight and energy. His combo with Dwayne Russell was superb.

Tommy Greer was very good with Russell today too, while Brad Rosen seems to have lowered his voice and reduced the amount of info he tries to get out each time, which made him much easier on the ear and meant his insight wasn't lost.

Now, can we please just get John Casey in to do some of the games? His combo with Shane Heal for the World Cup was very good.

Reply #554042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/33833-john-casey-joins-ch-7s-sanfl-team/

Reply #554043 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

http://www.anz-championship.com/News/Latest-News/commentators-corner-grand-final

Reply #554048 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

All the host's have been pretty good, the comments guys good too apart from CJ Bruton, he was terrible.
Gotta say though, how good was having all games live!!!

Reply #554060 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Derek Rucker has been terrific

Reply #554072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except for "Jarvis" grrrr it's Jervis

Reply #554075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he just called him Jarvis to align with how the play by play guy was calling it

Reply #554101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rucker was actually pretty good....pretty good insights as you would expect. I would be thrilled if Fox (or channel 9) got Nathan Strempel involved. I watched some of the adel v boomers WNBL coverage, which he and Sam Woosnam were commentating. He was very, very good. In my opinion, he is several levels better than a couple of the AFL/NRL guys they have doing the job currently.

Reply #554233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Where has Derek Rucker been all my life" is what a few ladies have said over the years. If the OP choosing the topic did so as a veiled reference to then kudos to you. D-Ruck loves the white meat.

Reply #554444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754