Kaiju
Years ago

Loving it!!

Got to say I love the new look NBL. Almost all teams are competitive and have exciting players. The crowds turned up providing a great atmosphere, The games were exciting and the streaming was awesome. Just a major upgrade in every way. I know people will complain about something they didn't like but heck I have never seen so much improvement in so little time in decades, lets all get on board people and support the drive!

Topic #38161 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

The crowds turned up .... Except in Townsville lol

Reply #554078 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

But loving everything also.... Especially watching every game live in HD.

Reply #554079 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Given the last few years of so-so from the NBL this season has been very refreshing and promising.

Reply #554085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So true! Great work.... I hope they are patient because they are doing everything. Just need to persist.

Reply #554093 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yep, really good week one, and week two is just two days away!

Reply #554117 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

LK = hoops god !!

Reply #554120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sort out the refs next. Sooo many fouls called esp. in the ADL PER game.

Reply #554251 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

to 554251

I strongly disagree. The greatest blight on the game and the biggest source of frustration at all levels is the lack of calling of fouls - I am talking about in the 1/3 court. The games I play in , the games i coach at all junior age groups, the games I see on tv and at big V, all have the same problem - foul after foul gets missed. Mostly obvious ones - a guy gets bumped while he is taking his layup steps is a foul no ifs buts or maybes. Any contact on a shooter anywhere on their bodies is a foul no ifs buts or maybes. any push from behind on a rebounding contest is a foul no question. Seems to be worse in lower divisions of juniors and seniors rep and domestic, where the refs seem to think they should be lenient - WRONG - that is where they should be most diligent, so players learn to play the game properly.

Reply #554443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew if they missed fouls in ADL PER then every player would of fouled out! The reason they only call half the fouls is because since 2009-2010 the tone was set with the game being allowed to be played in indoor rugby style.

Reply #554446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if they called all the missed fouls*

Reply #554447 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Anon, yes I think that at the highest levels, they do need to adjust the foul calling (downwards) to support the spectacle. At that level, there are very few sloppy fouls anyway because players are so skilled the opponents don't try anything risky because the penalty they pay is getting scored on. At senior domestic or junior levels, so many players do so many sloppy or risky things because they rarely pay a penalty for getting it wrong, unless they are called for the associated fouls. On the contrary, if a defender in transition bumps the dribbler off the ball and gets a steal, they have a big reward waiting for them and so many times the foul is not called (just one example of what I mean, there are dozens of situations - another is the front player being dragged out of the rebounding contest by the back player and the list goes on and on).

Reply #554451 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I think referees at most levels are just not trained enough on how to spot contact. More training needed.

Reply #554452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL on the up!

Great to see

Reply #554493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:10 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754