you must be joking
Years ago

Clashing colours in the NBL

anyone else think the team colours/uniforms in the cairns v breakers game were a poor choice?

No real colour clash in the singlets or the shorts made for poor TV viewing. One team in white shorts would have improved it.

Topic #38177 | Report this topic

should have been Townsville V breakers, not Cairns in the above post.

Reply #554577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, mentioned that under Team Jerseys thread.

They will obviously need to check with each other before the games. So hard to make out the teams and also might have been hard for the players.

Reply #554580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never been a problem in the past, even when everyone complained that all away teams played in white. Adelaide v Breakers both in blue. Crocs V Breakers in dark grey and black. How about Hawks white uniforms with white numbers I couldn't even read their numbers. Perhaps sticking by the rules isn't a bad thing. Colour clashes exist can't just say there different shades of blue people can tell the difference :(

Reply #554610 | Report this post

J-Crew  
Years ago

LK and team will need to sort this one out like the NBA has.

Suggestions include:

- Team kit approvals day before games

- Each team to have:

1) One home coloured jersey

2) One white version jersey, for away games where colored jerseys may clash with home side.

3) One optional alternate coloured jersey

4) One heritage round jersey

Reply #554611 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If the colour New Zealand wore and the colour Adelaide wore had different names, would anyone complain about a clash? They're completely different colours, they just happen to have the same name.

Reply #554612 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

The crocs vs breakers game clash was awful. Don't the crocs have another color strip or at least white? Why would they choose grey against black.

Reply #554614 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I didn't even notice the 36ers-Breakers clash until a few people commented.

Reply #554767 | Report this post

Koberulz and Juliet.

Reply #554768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers/Breakers was fine (I wouldn't want to ref it calling both teams Blue but they contrasted)

Breakers/Crocs - why was Townsville in grey when Green would be fine, and isn't their second colour yellow or blue, anyway?

Reply #554987 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I wouldn't want to ref it calling both teams Blue but they contrasted
They called Adelaide 'red'.

As for Townsville, no. Their second colour has always been white, until this year. Now it's grey.

Reply #554998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I meant second colour rather than the colour of the alternative

Reply #555000 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Breakers/Sixers was bad because, on TV, it looked like two 'home' jerseys, and unprofesional.

Breakers/Townsville was worse.

Reply #555227 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How, exactly, does a jersey look like a home jersey?

Reply #555231 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

How, exactly, does a jersey look like a home jersey?

It's the one with stains, that you can't wear out in public.

Reply #555236 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

How important is it that you can read the numbers on a basketball jersey? I thought last night Kings v Crocs game the purple v grey option was okay, but I don't get the colour of the numbers on TVL's grey being green.

For me, we have just stuffed up some of these uniforms with simple and basic schoolgirl errors.

White numbers do not work on yellow tops, neither do red numbers on a black top and even worse was last night's green numbers on a grey top!

Just dumb, dumb choices IMO...

Reply #555288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754