Luuuc
Years ago

R2: Illawarra vs New Zealand

James Harvey doing colour commentary tonight.

Live stats:
http://www.nbl.com.au/livestats/?matchid=139009

Topic #38191 | Report this topic

John  
Years ago

Can't get ipad stream to output to plasma TV when in first week I had no problems. And fullscreen view is still a tiny picture on ipad.

Reply #554922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apple. Nuff said

Reply #554924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why streaming sux.

I'm loving all the live games on Fox Sports

Reply #554925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney 11pts in first 6mins wow

Reply #554926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan Vickerman

Illawarra playing at Qantas Arena

Kevin Leash

Loving it !

Reply #554927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the fool commentating with Harvey

Reply #554928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney going crazy !

Reply #554929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14pts in the first 7:30!

Love how Forman looked away motioning it was money even before Penney put the shot up. Brilliant

Reply #554931 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

When will these Foxwits put the shot clock on the scoreboard??????

Reply #554932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forman passed to Penney then looked away running back to the other end before shot was put up I should say. Very nice.

Reply #554933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New Zeland looks really bad

Reply #554934 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Matt Russell...great team up with Harvey who's a natural.

Reply #554935 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes I think the talk last week at Penney being way over the hill was very premature.

People said he looked slow.

Personally don't see any difference between this Penney and the old Penney. He never has been lightning quick TBH.

Reply #554936 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Pretty handy quarter by the Hawks after the 0-7 start

Reply #554938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Can't get ipad stream to output to plasma TV when in first week I had no problems. And fullscreen view is still a tiny picture on ipad."

Tsk tsk the streaming app is only for mobile devices. If you want to watch on the big screen dial 131 999

Reply #554939 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

Still early days, but NZ have to improve significantly to compete for another title.

Reply #554940 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Massive credit to the Hawks.

Their defence and ball movement is superb.

Reply #554942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ are lucky they faced Tville on the weekend. I know they are depleted with injuries but for such a short season your start is extremely important and the second import isn't doing much.

Reply #554943 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Agee. pleasure to watch them cover the court. Pity the free tshirts are so un noticeable,

Reply #554944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmm mmm Carl's Jr. I'm getting hungry.

Even NZ is ahead of AU.

Reply #554945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whopper jr

Reply #554946 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Gotta love Penney in this mode :)

Reply #554947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney on 20, classic Penney :)

Reply #554948 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Sensational from Penney!

Ruined by Court Announcer trying to get "Let's go Hawks" chant up.

Bit of advice mate. If the crowd want to cheer they will. They don't want to be told when and what to chant. It is just cringe worthy.

Reply #554949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ fans feeling what other fans felt when Penny was going beast mode on their teams.

Reply #554950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks had Penney naked in the corner ffs pass to him you mug

Reply #554952 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Love Weeks. The system sucks....MUST get picked up next season.

Reply #554953 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

There's another bet down the drain.
Illawarra look unstoppable tonight.

Reply #554955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many players have scored 40+ in the 40min era of NBL? I wanna see Penney hit it tonight.

Reply #554957 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Ogilvy has no place in the NBL. Should be on big money in another country.

Reply #554960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his choice bro

Reply #554961 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hate the NBL and its slow grinding 59 point games :-/

Reply #554968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ADL PER was high scoring and promosing after one quarter then flat lined badly, hopefully second half in this one doesn't do the same.

Reply #554969 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ogilvy is an absolute stud.

With him in the middle and shooting threats such as Lisch, Penney and Forman on the outside this team has a deadly inside-outside game.

Reply #554975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goes to show how bad Heal was as a coach, had AJ at his disposal yet they stunk.

Reply #554976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Referring to AJ's time at the Kings of course.

Reply #554977 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Cedric 'Action Brick' Jackson

Reply #554978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy is a better choice for the boomers than jawai.

Reply #554979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the highest score in an NBL game since it went back to 40 minutes?

Reply #554980 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Its scary to think that Ced could be a helluva lot better than what he is.

For all his basketball skill, his IQ isn't quite high.

Simple maths suggests he should put away the long bomb and take it to the rack, yet he persists with firing up 3 after 3 - with similar results.

It's a dumb play - he has got away with it for so long because he is Ced, but enough is enough.

Reply #554981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sweet drive including a behind the back to avoid a defender by Penney. Love it.

Reply #554982 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Goulding scored 50.

Reply #554983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney on 30 now.

Oh yeah Goulding's 50, thanks Hendo.

Reply #554984 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Jackson having his worst game in his NBL career, in his 100th game. Nailed it

Reply #554985 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Glad I traded out McDonald from my DT.

Reply #554986 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I think in year's past, we had exceptional balance and a great range of pieces covering all facets of the game.

This year we appear to have a bit of deadweight - and the balance seems off.

Wesley, Bartlett, McDonald, 2nd Import spot are massive weaknesses at the moment.

Reply #554988 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Think the comments on Charles Jackson have been harsh imo

Reply #554989 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

What a bonehead play by Wesley...NZB had a mini run.

Reply #554991 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The stats show he goes OK. But he misses a lot of rotations, gives up rebounds, overfouls etc.

This may however just be due to being a young professional and new to the NBL.

Reply #554992 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Marcus, plays like that are why I dislike Wesley.

Only cares about offense - as for anything else, meh.

Hopefully Vukona absolutely burns him in the locker room. It would be deserved.

Reply #554994 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

What's that smell?

That's Cedric stinking the court up!

Reply #554995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the alarming signs against Adelaide for the Breakers but tonight just hammers home that almost every team has improved in the offseason and the Breakers have stayed the same.

Reply #554996 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Imagine what this team is capable of if they had Martin running the show and Lisch back at the 2.

Macdub....yup, would love to be in the room when Mika gives him a spray. Not suggesting NZ would have come back, this time it was 15 down, next time it could be scores even.

Reply #554997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great performances by Penney & Ogilvy but jeez the Breakers look shocking without Webster.

Tonight showed why Cedric Jackson won't ever get back to the NBA again.

Reply #555003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*ANBA

Reply #555005 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If anything was going to get Kirk Penney to turn back the clock to his prime it was playing against the Breakers, especially the disorganised version which turned out tonight.

International refs learned about Penney's leg kick-out a long time ago, but the pro that he is pulled it out on a new audience tonight! Those free throws got him rolling and he was unstoppable after that.

Let's hope he can produce that form a few more times this season.

Reply #555007 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Said on Twitter that I thought Cedric's body language was awful tonight.

Teams are giving him that three and he's taking it. Can only assume Vickerman has given him the green light? Otherwise why?!

With the Hawks missing their two main guards, you'd think Abercrombie and Jackson would've been able to restrict Penney, but no luck. He is as crafty as ever off the ball - still has all the tricks.

Reply #555010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Webster has been pretty meh for the Pelicans and Kilpatrick killed it last game, so expect Webster back pretty soon.

Reply #555014 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes, I thought the entire team's body language was rather poor.

The defining moment came at halftime when they showed the NZ change room and it looked as if someone had died. They looked terribly flat all night. Contrast that to their engagement and energy levels at Vector last week. There also appeared to be quite a bit of bickering tonight between players on missed rotations, fouls, turnovers.

It shows you Vukona's value as a leader and energy generator.

Reply #555015 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Is it possible for Webster to remain on his NBA salary and not make the 15 and simply play D-League i.e. is a situation possible whereby he earns coin to play for their D-League team.

Could it be possible that he stays there and plays D-League?

I am just thinking..he could put in a year of work training and developing in the NOP environment. He won't miss much back here..the Breakers will be here for him for a few more years yet. This is a one in a chance opp.

Would he have a D-League out clause? ;)

Reply #555017 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I really liked James Harvey's calling of the game tonight....

I think sometimes when an ex player has to put the ball and the bong down at the same time positive things can happen !!

Reply #555019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be playing D-League whilst still being paid NBA money he would need to make an NBA team's roster and then they assign him to their D-League affiliate.

In his season with Toronto when healthy Jawai spent more time playing with their D-League team than the Raptors.

Reply #555020 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Once were Breakers

Reply #555025 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Now I remember why I loved Penney. That quick release. Automatic!

Reply #555038 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I thought that the non-hoops commentator was actually quite good, and Harvey not so much, although anyone is better than CJ.

Reply #555040 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I thought Harvey was a star tonight, found him really entertaining .

Ogilvy has been my dream team captain for both rounds and boy was he efficient tonight.

Penney is just an out and out legend and his release is awe inspiring.

Coenraad and Foreman seemed quiet... That's a good sign that when Penney is in beast mode and Ogilvy is dominating inside that others aren't putting up silly shots... Let Penney go to work and AJ will clean up everything

Weeks deserves a gig, he is proof the league needs more teams.

I thought Charles was the Breakers most effective player tonight, he wasn't super in any way but atleast he looked like he was trying.

So hard to understand who the Breakers are and the play Perth on Friday and on current form the Wildcats could thump them but they certainly lift against their greatest rivals.

Reply #555046 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Loved the Hawk's performance last night in this game, always thought they were going to turn it around for a win soon and under Bevo this team especially when it is fully fit will be hard to beat.

Breakers will still be dangerous at home this season, but their dominance and away game record seems it will fade away with their confidence.

Penney was a delight to watch and Ogilvy had the right mind set, showed what he could do under the right system.

I have always subscribed to a theory that great guards don't always make great coaches, because they just don't understand how to work a big player into a game and ignore them too much, but this is a generalisation only...

The Breakers have a big guy (Tai) in the post who was almost unstoppable when they fed him last night, maybe they should have gone to him more often?

Reply #555047 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Harvey turned out fine. He was obviously nervous at the start & after a few repeated comments (Cedric DNA) got it together.

CJ the only non keeper so far...

Reply #555057 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

What was crowd for this one?

Reply #555067 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Penney on fire!

Reply #555073 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Only got to watch the last quarter ... absurdly good performance from Penney. And man that was a bonehead play by Tai with the USF.

Reply #555077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Macdub said

Wesley, Bartlett, McDonald, 2nd Import spot are massive weaknesses at the moment.

Charles Jackson, who is pretty raw, played ok last night, as did tai. I agree there is a step up required, Charles losses his man on rotations and generally has low ball iq. But is a good athlete and attitude.

Bartlett has been a deadset rockstar- so don't agree at all there. He's not even the 10th guy on the roster for crying out loud.

McDonald was always a shocking recruit. Especially with others available when he was recruited. Vickerman should have been fired for even suggesting this. Didn't you stick up for McDonald when he was recruited? If I remember rightly... Please confirm or otherwise...

The guy the breakers will be disappointed in is Abercrombie. He is a human disappearing act. Great athlete, great shot, best defender apparently. No doubt on big salary - but plays at a frustrating low level. The most annoying player in basketball. Fundamentals lacking. For crying out loud do t fake a player, get him in the air, and then step aside. Draw the foul! Go to the line. Harden up.

You have got to ask where is the money being spent with Webster out. Cedric Jackson - who had a shocker last night, and Abercrombie I would suggest.

Cedric got a triple double last week. So he's up there. But agree he shots the 3 ball far too much. His shooting mechanics will mean hel never have a great shot, he should be told to stop putting it up

Reply #555118 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

On Fox Sports 2. I wonder how it rated.

Reply #555140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think sometimes when an ex player has to put the ball and the bong down at the same time positive things can happen !!"

"Once were Breakers"

Love it!

Reply #555270 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754