paul
Years ago

NBL Top Plays - Round 2 2015/16

Thought I'd start this early to give a better chance of remembering the plays. Some contenders:

Abercrombie's drive and jam to open scoring

Ogilvy's dunk on Abercrombie

Abercrombie's buzzer-beating alley-oop

Topic #38193 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Shame Ogilvy spoiled Charles Jackson's dunk attempt as that could've been big.

Reply #555011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson field goal, 3 point or free throw attempt.

Reply #555039 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Re. Isaac's comment (and sorry to digress the thread a little), that is a major frustration for me, there should be a gentleman's agreement that allow these high-flyers to do their thing, instead of fouling them for 2 shots and risking injury to them. It is the type of entertainment the league needs to encourage. It's generally only a couple of plays a game so I don't think it would have a major impact to the results.

Reply #555066 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, was wondering the same. Unless you have a clean chance at the block, don't go for the thuggish foul.

And same with coaches adjusting their game a bit to give the league headlines. So, leave Penney out there to go for 40, or push the pace late to crack 100 points, or go for triple doubles, etc. Obviously where the result is mostly decided.

Reply #555069 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I just thought at the time that Ogilvy's attempt was average at best and if he had connected more solidly or Jackson had been injured then there would have likely been an ejection.

It was just careless and I didn't like it one bit!

Reply #555075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754