James
Years ago

NBL app charging for highlights

Just tried to watch highlights of Hawks vs Breakers and the app is expecting me to sign up to the $15/$60 mobile subscriptions?

For highlights? Must be a bug, updated this morning.

Topic #38196 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Join for the season at $60. It's great value.

Reply #555079 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

I agree $60 is peanuts, but surely a league trying to promote itself shouldn't be charging for highlights.. SMH

Reply #555080 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Surely thats a mistake? I dont think they would be charging for highlights on purpose

Reply #555081 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Charging for highlights isn't a good idea. I noticed that before.

Reply #555090 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

It's quite likely that the app is just linking to Foxsports videos with the subscription controlling access which means all or nothing. I agree that it would be very shortsighted for them not to make highlights videos freely available. I'm surprised they are not on the website.

Reply #555092 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I noted that in the other thread. I certainly hope it will be changed as I dont always have the time to watch a full game and prefer just to watch the highlights most of the time.

Other sports offer highlights for free, so there is no reason why the NBL should charge for this.

Reply #555103 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I've paid $60 and subscribed.

But I totally agree they should NOT be charging for the highlights- those should be freely available on the NBL website.

Reply #555111 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

They're not available on mobile OR website.. hopefully they've acknowledged it and working on it, some coding jiggery needs to be sorted out to differentiate..

Reply #555113 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I already forked out for foxtel so I am not paying for the app.. hopefully I can watch the highlights without a log in OR they link foxtel go log in to the app.

Reply #555124 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

It is so bad running the NBL app in the UK even with the fastest connection I get buffering its really annoying me worse than NBL TV which worked fine in the UK last year

Reply #555175 | Report this post

Claydo  
Years ago

If you think paying $60 is unreasonable to watch every game then the issue is with you and not the app. Pay up and support your league.

Reply #555242 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Ive payed the money isn't an issue I just can't watch for more than 2 minutes without the video freezing and audio continuing.

Reply #555255 | Report this post

Claydo  
Years ago

Not directed at you Woody, I imagine it's very frustrating. I'm simply over people whinging about the work and money put into our league and then not having the decency to put heir money where their mouth is. The same people would be moaning if it was free. Simply incredible.

Reply #555256 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Man I am with you Claydo.

I am so proud of what they have done with the League this year.

I have been a kings fan since 1989 man and this year remind some of the great memories I had in the 90's.

Great job they have done.

Fingers crossed the Hawks Kings Game works on Saturday morning its my birthday lol best present I could have is the stream working well.

Cheers Brother

Reply #555274 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Yeh agree Claydo. Hate it when you see nit picking from people who admit they never go to games

Reply #556214 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Highlights are available for free now, but there's only one page of content. So nothing prior to round three is visible or accessible.

Reply #559206 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754