Isaac
Years ago

Kings vs Crocs, Oct 15

Who's missing in this game? Childress?

Your tip?

Topic #38197 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress is out. Time for Thornton to step up.

Kings should win.

Telecast live on FOX Sports News (Foxtel Channel 500) 7:30pm EST

Reply #555082 | Report this post

Centipede  
Years ago

The khazzouh and conklin show

Reply #555086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be a beauty!!

Go the "Big Sneeze" !!

Reply #555087 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

A danger game as Crocs have been in the past losses and in the past when we've come up against the 'easy beats" we've had our arses handed to us, so I'll be cautious until it's won...

Reply #555091 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Which ever way it goes, one thing is for sure, another great night in front of the TV!

This one could be close...

Reply #555098 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sydney played well against the Taipans and Khazzough had a great game, Cadee shone too and needs to really back this one up. Thornton had plenty of attempts for the 3, so hopefully for Kings fans, he can sink a few more.

On paper, Kings certainly have depth and cover the loss of Childress well.

The Crocs worry me a little. The Big Conk is about their only star and the talent drops off like a bikie attached to an old sink dumped from a boat in Spencer Gulf. Sometimes these teams can work together to form something greater, but really need a master coach to inspire them. A bit like to Woodies. As singles players, hopeless. But match them together and they get 61 titles, 1 Olympic Gold Medal, and 11 Grand Slams. They are like gin and tonic, by themselves blah, but together, just perfect.

Crocs are no write offs, but Shawn Dennis would have the hardest coaching gig in the NBL. The only thing more challenging would be writing speeches for Tony Abbott.

I think the Kings will get this one on their home turf. Khazzough will have a harder game, but there's a few slippery suckers in the Kings. Garlepp, Hill, Carter - Sydney are like "whack a moles". When one Kings player is down, someone always steps up.

Reply #555104 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings should win, but Conklin has a history of destroying us.

Reply #555108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings will win by 20 plus.

Reply #555117 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

My default tip for any Crocs road game is a loss. Childress is a big out, but not big enough to sway me.

Reply #555119 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Kings by a heap.

Reply #555127 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

How do the Crocs win? Should they use zone defense and force Cadee, Thornton and Hill to shoot it from deep?

Reply #555132 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Keep the ball out of Khazzouh's hands and hope that Thornton and Cadee have a bad shooting night.

Reply #555135 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

I'll get the pillow case ready. Sydney by 25pts.

Reply #555141 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ohhh by watching on my laptop and its switched to the Fox footy on 504, so I'm watching reruns of AFL coughing sitting stuff. People will blow up about this one!

Reply #555144 | Report this post

Player  
Years ago

Yep so annoying

Reply #555145 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Its just one of those things that can happen when you have to rush the launch of such a major thing.... i guess. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but damn its not a good look!

Reply #555148 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Ahhh...NBL Live sucks...

Reply #555149 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Wish I just knew a mate working there so I could txt and say dud change it to 500!

Reply #555150 | Report this post

Years ago

Yep, paid the $60 yesterday so today I could watch old AFL blokes waffle on. Also last week Reflector 2 app worked fine in streaming from my phone to the Mac. Since the NBL App upgrade whenever the streaming starts Reflector 2 cuts out. Anyone else having this problem?

Reply #555151 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Did Townsville seriously start Norton, Jett, Djeric, Steindl and Schenscher?

Reply #555153 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nope, Conklin was starting, dont trust the highlighted names on Live stats.

Reply #555154 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

2 quick fouls for Conklin. Could be a pretty big blowout this one.

Reply #555155 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Jett keeping them alive at this point. Poor Crocs one more solid go to guy away from being competitive enough to not just be making up the numbers...

Reply #555157 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

One of Khazzouh or Ogilvy should be in the Olympics team next year. Leaning towards Ogilvy at this stage.

I just can't see TVL ever scoring enough to win ball games. They have no consistent scoring options. They'll no doubt catch fire for a few games here and there but meh.

Reply #555158 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

Hope the dumb ass who got the channel wrong gets fired in the morning!

Reply #555159 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He's probs out having knock drinks telling his mates how big time he is and the operation is... and how being the channel guy is a huge promotion. This has that show Inbetweeners written all over it haha

Reply #555160 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lemanis' commentary is so annoying.

I came to enjoy the game and not get some monotonous voiceover on what player X should have done or what player X didn't do.

Expert commentary is good in small amounts but i watch basketball for entertainment and not for an educational DVD on the basics of basketball.

Reply #555161 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yay its been switched...

Reply #555163 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Mr. Gilbert had some stern words to channel guy

Reply #555164 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yikes Lemanis isnt exactly an excitement machine, how do these guys get there players motivated I wonder sometimes...

And why would Kings not wear the Yellow tonight... I really like the Crocs grey its bit unique but teams have to matchup smartly against it.

Reply #555165 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's not the home team's responsibility to avoid a clash, it's the away team's.

Reply #555173 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well that said, the grey IS the Crocs colour they will be wearing in away games, so perhaps the home teams could use some common sense for everyones sake. A little bit of chit chat between team managers could make all the difference smh.

Reply #555176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much criticism of jett during pre season but he looks like one of the better imports out here

Reply #555177 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Close enough at half time to keep us all interested, I also don't mind the grey uniform but I seriously cannot read the numbers and sometimes I even miss a player.

That grey is like sharks in the ocean, they disappear and then sneak up on you when you least expect it!

I just don't get it, how hard is it to see that you need a white number on a darkish grey uniform?

Reply #555178 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Jett looks good. Just needs to drop some weight. Agree with Townsville needing one more guy. Imagine Blanchfield with this team.

Reply #555180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemanis is a bit dry and talks just like a coach, but his point about Stiendl pulling up for a long 2 in stead of making it a possible 3 just after half time is warranted, silly pull up jump attempt for an NBL player.

Lucky TVL have Jett, he is playing an awesome game. Kazzuo on 4 fouls makes it interesting.

Reply #555181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schlenschlagger runs like a giraffe on stilts.

Reply #555182 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

And for you city boys bagging rural teams, how's that crowd figure?
1200 tops with ALL that population!

Reply #555184 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Jett has had a very very good game, didn't think it was going to happen to be honest. His body is built for NFL, but damn if he keeps his touch, would be damn hard to move.

Reply #555185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandttt, not in my house!

Reply #555186 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Prewster having a nice game. Fits into the Kings system like a glove.

Reply #555187 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Schlenschlagger runs like a giraffe on stilts" Shoot! I wish I came up with that ! GOLD

Reply #555191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dammit I wish I had money on TSV

Reply #555192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maynard lol wow

Reply #555193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a funnish!

Reply #555194 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Lemanis is horrible. Would almost rather CJ!

On the whole though to date, have been pleasantly surprised by the commentary teams to date, I really think the addition of popular commentators with non-hoop backgrounds (ie Vossy) is working a treat.

Reply #555195 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

Kings; very disappointing!

That was a ticked win only to be a loss.
Crocs had a great 2nd half take nothing away

Reply #555197 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Pie to the face. Just as i say i can't see them having enough scoring power to outscore teams they get the W on 80 points!

Well done TVL.

Kings really made some bad errors down the stretch.

Markovic was actually taken out of the lineup on 59 secs and then returned before throwing that TO. Perhaps that momentary benching made him switch off a little.

Thornton took two bad, rushed jumpers late in the game. Cadee also unloaded a few hurried bombs.

When TVL went zone, the Kings froze and didn't penetrate or go at the seams.

Reply #555198 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Massive for the Crocs very happy for them, whole season will be such a struggle so this would help...

No Childress is one thing but Julian just has to appreciate how important it is to his teams success that he stays on the floor, this 4th reaching around on the feed into LS was just dumb basketball.

Lemanis is one thing CJ is a whole different bag of commentary spuds!

Reply #555199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the kings lose this? No one stepped up with khazzouh out. Brandt did have a good game though but cadee and Thornton missing when it mattered

Reply #555200 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Nice to see jett answer a few critics, as his fitness improves he will be dynamite. Also good to see some of the young guards in the league stepping up Maynard tonight, djeric in the first two games, Cadee, Shea illi, sobey, weeks for the Hawks and Shaun Bruce.

Reply #555201 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Jett is an absolute Stud

Love his hair also.

Burning about the Kings Loss today seriously annoyed at work in London lol

Reply #555203 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Kings should be disappointed with that effort.

Crocs got the W through hard work and should be proud.

Reply #555205 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Damn, Crocs were paying $3.75 and I didn't think it was long enough to put on a few bucks. Kings really stunk that up to join the list of teams that have had shockers so far this season. United and Wildcats the only 2 with a relatively good record so far.

Reply #555206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemanis had lots to say but his monotone means he must say less. Does Voss know the National team is called the Boomers?
The combination tonight was no where near as entertaining or successful as Russell/Harvey. Guess it suited the game. Crowd absolutely sucked in numbers and interest/participation. Going to get worse at Homebush. Fill up the front rows facing the tv camersa, at least give the impression of a improvements this season. It's an old trick from the 90's.
Kings, send your game night organisers over to Perth for 2 weeks and beg them to let you take notes.

Reply #555207 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Sorry, that was me above.
Any reason why the Sydney city games can't start earlier?

Reply #555210 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

This will probably the most tightly contested season off alltime. Every team has got better and there isn't a team that you can say they are clearly the best team in the competition.

Reply #555213 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Well that said, the grey IS the Crocs colour they will be wearing in away games, so perhaps the home teams could use some common sense for everyones sake.
No, purple IS the Kings colour they will be wearing in away games, so away teams need to use common sense.

Home team picks first. End of.

Reply #555216 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

So then the Kings usually wear there Yellow at home, decided to flip the script and potentially not inform, the Crocs then. Dumb planning from both ends. Teams need to communicate on this stuff more... guess it didn't bother the Crocs too much tonight!

Reply #555217 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Kings have generally worn purple at home with the occasional exception.

Whether there was a miscommunication, or it simply didn't occur to anyone to object to the colour combination, we can't know.

Reply #555218 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Just seems dumb knowing what colour the Crocs are going to be wearing and having worn it already few days ago not to do the same. Odd stipulations, surprised to some degree its not the NBL telling teams what colours they will be wearing...

Reply #555220 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tough loss (man, that inbound pass by Markovic...) but hats off to the Crocs. A lot of close games, finally picked up a win. Jett was great in the first half.

Reply #555225 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

I don't rate Markovic any more. Hope Cadee takes more of his minutes as the year goes on.

Thornton shot 40% from the 3 line in college but is stinking it up so far this season (though I think he was raining bombs in one pre-season game). Both he and Thornton came up with a lot of bad turnovers.

On the upside for Sydney, Brant had a good un and is turning into a pretty sweet rim protector.

Even without Chill, Kings should have won this one.

Reply #555232 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

This round is killing my tipping.
Good win by the Crocs, Jett looked good today.....Thornton on the other hand was horrible.

Reply #555235 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Markovic played pretty well before that horrid inbound... but all for naught now. He did have another direct pass to a defender though, in the 3rd or 4th off a drive. I thought Thornton was better today because he was looking to drive rather than jack up shots, but he had a few possessions, and one bad one in the 4th, where he left the ground and made the bad pass rather than look to finish. His shot hasn't dropped from 3, but I'm not as worried about that. It will even out in the end.

Brandt really should've been playing the last half of that 4th Q. I think Cotter put Tommy back in just because he hadn't played much. It looks like Tommy is the big casualty of the increased talent this year, as far as scoring numbers go. On the plus side, noticed a big change in his effort on the glass, and his hustle overall.

Reply #555238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Markovic is not playing his true point guard position. Nobody is running the show for the Kings therefore it seems all over the place.
Thornton is a scoring guard (not point) who would be a lot more open from Markovic, passing to him and the bigs, from the on balls.
Same happened for the Crocs who had more wins than the Kings last season and Conk was mvp. However, it's not a coincidence that Markovic was 4th in leading the league in assists....

Reply #555246 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Hill looks like a nice bench player for the Kings. Grabbed a lot of boards when he was out there and he's got a bit of shooting range. Good player!

Reply #555249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yikes Lemanis isnt exactly an excitement machine, how do these guys get there players motivated I wonder sometimes..."

I always wondered how players at NZ got up for a game with that monotone voice. But as we know he was in Auckland at the right time with a stacked roster so they were going to win regardless. No way anyone gets motivated by him. He is so boring, and his commentary sucks. Everytime the main commentator gave him an opening Lemanis wouldn't elaborate, nearly as bad as CJ.

Reply #555267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear commentator Voss,

The national team are called the Boomers.

And sorry for being partnered with Lemanis lol

Reply #555269 | Report this post

Let's be honest  
Years ago

The NBL tell the teams who will wear what in the event of a clash, perhaps that was not communicated properly by the clubs, I got the email prior to the season starting... So no excuse for the poor choices made and it did look bad.

Reply #555278 | Report this post

Bowtie  
Years ago

Pretty certain Crocs told the NBL their away colour was LIGHT grey.It's anything but that.
Wildcats used a grey alternative a while back. Still had red and black on it but it was a silky fabric that almost looked metallic.
Good move to use the Boomers' coach but as a third addition to the regulars. Can't take much of that voice. NOT for the interviews.

Reply #555281 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My prediction for a close game was based on the Croc's seemingly love to play in Sydney, but also that I rate them, but I didn't quite see that coming.

What a mad last minute, loved it for the drama and the result, NBL is...

#TIGHTBALL

Reply #555286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thornton's shot looks ok out of the hand although he is really struggling so far at 22% from the field and 9% from 3.

On the bright side for Kings fans I think Beal started off just as bad his first few games at Perth.

Reply #555297 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Why all the fuss about uniforms? They look really good and are obviously an attempt to make things new and improved.
Haven't heard anything from players/coaches about difficulties in the uniform clash. Also didn't notice any passes to the wrong team due to clash...
If u can't tell the difference in teams either live or on the telecast then u might want to get your eyes checked...

Is there any chance that some people just want to complain and pick these trivial topics

Reply #555300 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's not about how they look to the players on the court, it's about how they look on the broadcast. The Crocs jerseys are far too dark. It didn't matter vs the Kings, but it is going to matter against any dark home jerseys.

Reply #555301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good odds on the Hawks atm. ;)

Reply #555309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And for you city boys bagging rural teams, how's that crowd figure?
1200 tops with ALL that population!

bollocks, was easily 3000, I'd say nearly pushing 4000... Actually quite a good crowd for a mid-week game, in a city with such a large population that it actually takes a significant time to get anywhere...

Thornton's shot looks ok out of the hand although he is really struggling so far at 22% from the field and 9% from 3.

So shooting as well as Jesse Sanders but without the positive defensive upside... Jett looked so good last night because he kept easily beating Thornton (same with Norton) and getting into easy spots to score...

While the ultimate mistake was Markovics inbounds pass and then the subsequent not quick fouling of Schenscher, the game was lost well before then and for most of the game, I thought Markovic played pretty well...

The whole team didn't get out of first gear until the Crocs had wound back the lead... There was no urgency, even when the lead was being built and it just looked like they were taking things too easy... There wasn't the defensive pressure OR offensive aggression from the previous game from pretty much every player... I love that Jules can nail the outside shot, but it seems like the Kings will forever fail to get it to their big man inside, no matter who it is...

The key problem is Thornton though... Nearly every quote about him being drafted and wanting to crack the NBA has him saying that Boston want him to be a PG... he is NOT a frigging PG... He's barely even a SG that needs the ball in his hands to score, as he's very rarely even getting inside... At one point in the final quarter, he got into the paint then purposefully stepped BACKWARDS to take a harder fade away shot even though there was hardly any defensive pressure on him! MENTAL! I'd wager most of his scoring has come from Thornton getting a good screen and catching from a good pass...

The beauty of having Markovic come home to play in Sydney was that he is the floor leader that we needed, but that will be useless if Cotter is bowing to pressure to try to make Thornton into a PG for the Celtics... I said it when we signed him and I'll say it again... Getting a draft pick is great, but not at the cost of screwing up how the team should be run...

I'm surprised the Kings won the rebound effort as by the look of the game I would have guessed that we got outrebounded at least 3-2 and the line up in the last quarter was really undersized with Hill getting switched to Schenscher a lot of the time and both Garlepp and Jules sitting on the bench for much longer than they should have...

Couple of positives though was Prewster making more of his minutes, man that kid is quick! And Jeromie Hill did well as well... he seemed to have a real nose for rebounds in the pre-season and I'm glad that it's continued so far...

Hopefully this was the kick in the pants that the Kings needed and can get their heads in the game for the Hawks on Saturday as that's gonna be a huge one...

Reply #555320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Really = 1D10T

Reply #555322 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I don't think the Kings really played Thornton at PG primarily. The Crocs pressed a lot, and it seemed to me that he was often the escape pass rather than the primary target.

He doesn't really have either the handle (esp. under pressure) or court vision to play PG - NBL or NBA.

I'm not too worried though. I think his shots will start to drop. Most of them were good looks from 3.

Reply #555385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Doc Hurley a consultant for the Kings? Couldn't see him on the bench but when the cameras filmed the half time locker room he was sitting to the side of the room away from the huddle wearing a Kings polo.

Reply #555391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The uniforms are good when you see them up close, for example last time the silhouette of the harbour bridge and crocodile. The colours aren't clashing what's the big deal?

Reply #555393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754