scott
Years ago

corey webster waived

the pelicans have waived corey webster. he is probably on his way back to the breakers unless another nba team claims him.

Topic #38206 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

As a Breakers fan I would love to see him stay over there and play D-League (and work out with an NBA team environment) or get a good European gig.

He is in his prime - go and chase those dreams Corey.

The Breakers will always be here for you if it doesn't work out.

I suppose it turns on whether he has a quite wide "out clause" and whether he has freedom to now pursue other things.

I just look at Fotu as a great example. He was confident he was good enough, went to Europe and look at how well he has done. Again for him the Breakers will also be here happy to take him back with open arms. Go chase son.

Reply #555291 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

With Corey recently getting married I would say it's either make the NBA or stay at home with Family in NZ and be the man at the Breakers and play some Ball in Europe at the NBL seasons end each year.

Hopefully NZ can find some form with their star SG back as they looked like a shambles against the Hawks.

Reply #555296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ just got relevant again!

Reply #555304 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Webster is world class, but I think our issues go deeper than just a lack of scoring.

We miss Carter and Ibekwe big time.

Reply #555311 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I really hope Webster stays over there and isnt forgotten about... out of site out of mind. Stay relevant man, the NBL will always be here for a naturalised gun player.

Reply #555315 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Cedric would be very happy about this news.

Reply #555316 | Report this post

I reckon. His scowl would be going from ear to ear.

Reply #555327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big surprise!

Reply #555338 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Corey can play some PG when needed and also create his own shot and with him on the court along with Abercrombie it will create a lot more room for Ced to operate along with Wesley & Pledger.

Reply #555353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you now keep McDonald and let Bartlett go?
Or keep Bartlett and let McDonald go?

I know Barlett was only signed short term but looks like he is having abit more of an impact at the moment

Reply #555366 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

Wow...... just looking for all those same people from the last thread!

Reply #555367 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

New Zealand really need him back. Jackson is so much more effective when he has someone to actually kick it out to, who isn't Everard Bartlett.

Reply #555373 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Agreed Hendo8888, having Webster & Abercrombie playing the wings is a much needed improvement over Bartlett & TeRangi who are both streaky at best.

McDonald has a better passing game than Bartlett and is a PG where as Bartlett is a SG who can sometimes get the ball over halfway. I agree that Bartlett has had a bigger influence in the games played so far but with Corey's ability to handle the ball and pass that will take some heat off Ced Jackson and Shane McDonald.

Reply #555384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bye bye Shane McDonald

Reply #555441 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

But what about points?

Assuming Bartlett is ranked higher than SMD.

If they were under the points, surely they would have gone with Bartlett from the start.

Did they go with SMD because their hand was forced re: points.

Reply #555442 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

^ not points related. They could have signed a 10 point player instead of McDonald. Money related.

Reply #555675 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tough ask for Corey to switch to PG while trying to make an NBA roster. Best move for him now would be to play 10-15 of his Breakers mins at PG, go to Europe at the end of season for a short stint and then play some short stints at PG for the Tall Blacks. To try and go straight to Europe as an import PG would prob be counter productive.

Reply #555685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was never going to play SG at his size.

Reply #555697 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

And at this stage Vickerman's odd decision to sign McDonald over more talented, athletic and experienced Kiwis looks even odder with the way Kenny and particularly Bartlett have performed. I hope there was something more to it that forced the decision rather than bad judgement, and I certainly hope the Breakers keep Bartlett, he's playing great ball.

Reply #555728 | Report this post

Adelaide

Reply #556019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754