Centipede
Years ago

Waxy Walker salary?

Has been pretty average thus far, surely we arent paying him big money?? Would be below average? 50k perhaps plus free accom?

Topic #38219 | Report this topic

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

What's your salary?

Reply #555755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mo money mo problems

Reply #555756 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Think he will def have his moments this season. The quick foul out against the Cats wouldve hurt his confidence, but he can bring energy and not afraid to get the crowd involved when the team starts rolling, this is the type of guy you are patient with...

Dont think he is a guy who can play 1 through 5, but once he knows his actual role, he will produce hopefully.

Reply #555766 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

The issue is Creek is almost the same player, just better. So Walker just fills in for him for the most part. Walker will play a role at times throughout the year, but he's not going to be a go to guy at any point.

Reply #555774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not how much you earn it's how much you save.

Reply #555777 | Report this post

Spitta  
Years ago

It ain't what you wear it's what you drive,
It ain't what you drive it's where you park,
It ain't where you park it's where you live,
It ain't where you live it's how you die,
It's either how you died or who you killed.

Reply #555781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with Walker is Joey doesn't have a definitive role for him - that's Joey's fault!

Walker I believe should be playing the role Dennis Rodman played for the Bulls in their Championships.

Reply #555803 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

I just can't see how he fits. We have Creek and given Mitch a lot of time to develop so his time is now. Walker is just blah blah for mine.

Reply #555817 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Walker came to Adelaide for a bigger role, and ironically came up with a smaller role than if he had stayed in Melbourne (Assuming they'd keep him.)

Yes, he is basically a heavier, older Mitch Creek. He doesn't have a role in the team, and this has done his slim Boomers hopes absolutely NO favours.

I guess we will see how it develops over the season.

As for his salary, I don't assume he would be dirt cheap. I suggest 50 K would be much less than his going rate. Nathan Sovey is probably on 50 K. Waxy is technically a Boomer, I can't imagine him under 80-100 K

Reply #555836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walker didn't come here in search of anything other than an NBL lifeline, he was released by Melbourne and it didn't sound like many other teams were interested either. He's almost 31.

He's not a Boomer and only played in one of those nothing YouYi Games series against China. What NBL player didn't play in one of those China games? They were our third string Boomers teams.

80k? If we're paying Walker anywhere near that I would be surprised.

Reply #555873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@spitta wtf?

Reply #555881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walker is an under-utilised star in the making for mine. Incredible athleticism and an improving three point shot. Needs more minutes and to play in an uptempo, movement orientated offense.

Reply #555917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL minimum salary is 40k for a no minutes bench player.... he will be getting well above that

Reply #555945 | Report this post

cam jackson  
Years ago

waxy is a great player.
fast
fit
and waxy.
go lucas he would be on between 80-100k

Reply #555950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some imports are on min wage at 38k, CJ Massingale was and supposedly so was Daequon Montreal.

After being cut by Melb I doubt he's on more than 50k.

Reply #555969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get rich or die trying... or play NBL.

Reply #555972 | Report this post

$70,000.

Reply #556018 | Report this post

Singlet  
Years ago

Imports on minimum, where do you get this info ?
Walker in nothing close to a Boomer and seems more a back up than someone with an actual role.
Creek needs to step up now, he has had long enough because if he doesn't Walker will be waiting to save his own ass.

Reply #556063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While we're at it, how hot is his missus?

Reply #556289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He must lie to her about his salary.

Reply #556331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:14 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754