Isaac
Years ago

Adelaide release Kenyon McNeail?

ATF:

Kenyon McNeail released by the 36ers #hardball

Topic #38226 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely that means a new import has been signed. Any names ppl?

Reply #555995 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Not necessarily means a new guy already signed. Mcneail wasnt exactly a core player so not much to miss short term with his absence... but god i hope they have had the brains to keep a firm eye on other guys so its not a long process from this stage.

Reply #555997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/nba/transactions

Reply #556004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://m.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/sydney-kings-import-josh-childress-says-more-nba-stars-looking-to-nbl-20151004-gk0vtl.html

Reply #556006 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Ben Gordon anyone?

It's a good time to waive a player, with NBA teams cutting rosters. If your lucky might pick up an NBA prospect

Reply #556007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes you could pick up a NBA prospect IF you were Melbourne or Perth or Sydney.. not Adelaide.... how does cutting a budget import make everyone think they will break the bank and somehow have funds for an NBA caliber player ??

Reply #556009 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nice article re the Age one. I just cant see Ben Gordon going from trying to make the Golden State Warriors lineup to coming the Adelaide 36ers one.... UNLESS pig do fly atleast sometimes and someone like Bogut has sold the Aussie lifestyle on him in a huge way!

Reply #556010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They cut DQ last year and got motum right? So why couldn't they get a big budget import to replace Kenyon? Motum wouldn't have come cheap

Reply #556015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum played for peanuts aka Montreal's remaining salary.

36ers owners have the money, just because they stuck to the salary cap initially doesn't mean they won't exercise the marquee rule.

Having said that, I don't see it happening either so this is nothing to get excited about!

Reply #556020 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I think we should wish Kenyon all the best in his recovery and his future career.

Reply #556023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you say Sixers have the money when from all indications through the way they operate the club they seem skint.

Reply #556029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go for it Marcus Camby hit him up on social media or something. Thanks for telling us what you think we should all do, so parental of you haha

Reply #556030 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Drop Kenyon AND Ebi and MAYBE you're in the kind of money that may interest an NBA guy who values his lifestyle and English languahe/

Reply #556037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What makes everyone think they are playing within the salary cap ??
Townsville is probably the only team that is.
Salary cap is clearly irrelevant. If clubs are prepared to pay it they can obviously have it

Reply #556042 | Report this post

Blitzed  
Years ago

What's Adris Deleon up to? he would break the game open and free up Gibbo surely. Might even be able to get Sobey and Teys running the wings? Just a thought.

Reply #556045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know how the Sixers membership is going ?? I heard numbers are down ?

Reply #556047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they could trade Kenyon for a working scoreboard

Reply #556048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Gordon rumor is heating up!

Reply #556055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon...owners have the money. Indication might be that things are skint but not everything is as it seems. Owners are just tight with their coin, doesn't mean they don't have any!

Reply #556058 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Only because you keep posting about it.

Reply #556059 | Report this post

Singlet  
Years ago

Maybe they could spend their money on more than just 1 import, that list could be a whole new thread ?

Reply #556060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac do you know more than we do? Is Gordon definitely a no go?

Reply #556065 | Report this post

I think he is saying that only person keeps mentioning Gordon to try and give legs to the rumour.

Reply #556066 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A few people do (though not really from Adelaide), but not enough to warrant yet another thread about it, as the anon in question had started. And they're out of state, so more likely to be a troll.

Reply #556071 | Report this post

Megadunk  
Years ago

what's this about Ben Gordon?

Reply #556089 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

There is no truth to this fan-made Ben Gordon rumour. Do you think Joey even looks at the NBA for imports? You have to be kidding. Just watch, we have another complete dud to be confirmed.

Reply #556094 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Yeah you know that Adelaide fans have a lot to feel excited about when you start seeing threads on the Wildcats game day experience when WA is the least represented State in these forums.

Ive liked what Ive seen of Adelaide of late on the foxtels.

Reply #556097 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Mark-e-Mark you would have been happy with either Prather or Thorton. Both those players are stinking it up so far

Prather 10ppg @ 37.5%
Thorton 9ppg @ 22.7%

Reply #556102 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There's someone on the cards, but don't think it's a recognisable name.

Reply #556116 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I think Adelaide has the basis of a good team, but Joey's import selections (apart from the obvious score of Ervin) have been puzzling.

While we don't 'necessarily' need an NBA guy, we probably don't need one of Joeys "gems" which never seem to work out when they are imports.

Reply #556118 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Isaac, any chance they will be suiting up Thursday? or not that far along yet?

Reply #556120 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Ervin and Wilson were good selections especially Wilson. Frye and Montreal were bad selections. So far Ere has been a bad selection but McNeail is impossible to tell due to injury.

Reply #556128 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought Kenyon looked OK against Melbourne, even with an injury. Didn't like Ere's hero ball at all.

Mark-e-Mark - Wilson was in the top bracket of scorers, and on a post-season team. Better than most of the rest. Been five minutes since your last Mongolian League joke. Sure you're OK?

Reply #556142 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

New to NBL eh?

Reply #556148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aquille carr???

Reply #556164 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, new to the NBL. I hadn't heard his name before. (Again, this is assuming I've got the right guy.)

Reply #556172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, do you know when an announcement will be made?

Reply #556183 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Bring Jamar back!?

Reply #556209 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I was skeptical of McNeail, but saw enough in the preseason to think he was a good selection, injury aside. Wasn't just his shooting, you could see that he had a strong feel for the game and didn't rush things on offense, which is usually the problem with imports... they feel too much pressure to get up shots and score 20+ points every game.

Reply #556437 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Maybe I'm being petty and sensitive despite this news being 24 hours old now.

But it's a bit rude and offensive the Members were not emailed a statement about this release.

The Facebook post for all was poor. But both formats would be fine.

Reply #556462 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754