Anonymous
Years ago

NBA league pass opinions ?

was wondering what you all think off league pass, how many of u guys have it ? and what do u think price wise of it ? many people have said it's too much. but really it's 38$ a month or $44 with NBA TV.... I think that's great value. most days you can watch over 5 games a day!!! think about that ?! it really comes down to like $1 a game

going to 1 NBL game a month is the same price as having league pass and being able to watch 5 + games daily !

Topic #38227 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

you probably should compare costs of the NBA league Pass to the NBL's online version not to the cost of going to an NBL game...

Reply #556001 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I've got it, love it. Found the service has improved each season content/presentation-wise also.

The disclaimer is I don't work a normal 9-5, and get many opportunities to regularly watch games live throughout the working week, so the value to me is higher than a normal person I guess. Each to their own though and I'd recommend it to any big NBA fan.

Having NBN is a plus too.

Reply #556005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you still DJing?

Reply #556028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got it for nearly half price using VPN through Brazil.

During the week i'll watch condensed 10-15 minute of my favourite teams and the 3 minute recaps of all other games at night.

On weekend when im home, i'll have live games on all day in the background.

Reply #556046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got it, love it. Watch my Celtics games on delay after work, then watch some live on weekends where i can. If i can avoid the scores i prefer the delay actually as they cut all the commercials out so that really helps.

Reply #556049 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Quality is awesome and you can fast forward 15 sec or 1 min so watching a full game can be cut down to 60-70mins when you skip timeouts, breaks and FTs :)
After a 1 or 2 hours you can watch 10 min condensed games, which is good for games you aren't 100% into but want to see how star players go.

I can also watch the games on my iPhone on the bus, a game does use about 300mb of data.

I bought it via the Philippines approx. 40% cheaper then Australia.

They have been increasing the cost 10-20% every year so it may not take long for some people to stop getting it.

Reply #556051 | Report this post

M  
Years ago

If you don't have NBN I wouldn't recommend getting it. But if you do and can afford it, its amazing. Works great with Apple TV, just need NBN of course.

Reply #556074 | Report this post

Thats rubbish. I dont have NBN (just ADSL2) and league pass has always worked just fine for me.

Reply #556076 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I get League Pass from April-June every playoffs, and I love it.

I have ADSL not NBN and it's fine.

Reply #556080 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I have pretty average internet speeds, around 10mpbs and have never had an issue. That's even with the missus on netflix etc at the same time.

Reply #556081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ADSL2 is fine.
Never had an issue.

Reply #556114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't have NBN and it is fine.

The streaming technology used works to compenstate for speed. Even if your speed is slow or reduces during a game the stream will continue to work as the frame rate is reduced instead of buffering, up to a certain point.

Reply #556147 | Report this post

M  
Years ago

Sorry should've been more specific. Using wifi during peak periods when your ISP is throttling you, you will have problems espically on mobile when you can't select the quality. If you use an Ethernet cable or are not on a mobile device you should be fine.

Reply #556298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754