Observer
Years ago

When will Jerome Randle arrive?

I just curious to find out when our new import will be arriving in Adelaide? After watching a few clips of Jerome,reminds me a bot of Adris Deleon who played under Wright at Gold Coast.

Be good to see him shoot 3s and Drive to basket,much needed scoring input we have been lacking lately.

Hopefully win some games and get people to games to boost Crowd numbers.

Topic #38240 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are hoping to have him cleared to play on Thurs so I would say he would arrive today/tomorrow?

Reply #556375 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

People are saying Adris Deleon but his mixtape reminds me more of Showron Glover.. Hopefully for Adelaide's sake Wright scouted this guy and not management.

Reply #556380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alexkrad...his credentials are way better than Deleon's let alone Glovers.

Reply #556384 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The big thing that does in these little, quick PGs in the NBL is that you generally don't get the same spacing in the halfcourt that you get in Europe. He looks like he has a nice stroke from 3pt land though, so that will help a whole lot.

Reply #556433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus...his dribble and quickness alone should give him the space he needs to get his shot off. If he hits a couple from deep early then the defense will have to play him closer and then he blows by them.

I once watched Mugsy Bogues talk about height in Basketball...he said it isn't an issue if you use it to your advantage - I'm pretty sure Randle knows how to use it as an advantage rather than a disadvantage.

Reply #556449 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Depends which teams you watch in Europe and the NBL what sort of spacing you get. With Johnson/Motum and Petrie in the front court there has been plenty of opportunities for Ervin and Wilson to penetrate. Just as important on this squad is attacking in transition, which should suit Randle.

Reply #556465 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Randle will be good. We have a few good shooters so the lanes will be open for him to wreak havoc.

Reply #556557 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Randle played in EuroBasket 2015 in repping Ukraine. Should be ready to go immediately

Reply #556586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I read an article saying he's unlikely to be cleared by Thursdays game but more likely for Fridays game.

Reply #556617 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

What's the hold up on the announcement?

Reply #556629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally made official and was apparently at training today.

Reply #556742 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

From the below schedule on todays email, he's playing either on Wednesday nights home game OR the home game on the 22nd Oct

Does that mean two games on consecutive nights this week against Cairns ?.

QUOTE:

Upcoming Home Games:

v Taipans Wed Oct 22 @7pm

v Taipans Sat Oct 31 @ 7pm

v Kings Sat Nov 7 @ 7pm

v Crocs Sat Nov 14 @ 7pm

v Wildcats Wed Nov 18 @ 7pm

Reply #556745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not 100% sure what you mean but Adelaide play Cairns at home tomorrow night then go on the road to play Sydney on Friday night.

Reply #556747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754