Slammin'08
Years ago

NBL Stats/Ladder Page

Just was having a look at the new NBL stats/ladder page http://www.nbl.com.au/?369220384377006517 and found it interesting they have a Points Per Game, Rebounds Per Game and Steals Per Game leader board but the Assists is a Total Assists leader board. Why would you not have that stat as per game as well? Just doesn't make sense! Not a big deal just thought it was an interesting observation.

Topic #38256 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Their stats this year are absolutely awful. Can't see how anyone who actually follows basketball could actually build them that way and think it was good enough.

Beyond your issue, if you hit the stats page, you have this scenario:

- only shows 10 players by default
- horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the panel (not the page)
- so wide that even on a largeish monitor, you can't see PPG and the player names on screen at the same time
- if you up the player list to 50-100, you're then scrolling down at the bottom to hit the scrollbar, then back up to try and see player names and the stat you're looking for - insane

I thought the old stats on FSP were underdone but I've found myself wishing we had that back!

The interface for that NBL site is crazy. The look and styling is solid, but the layout and usability is nonsensical.

And aggressive caching should be busted any time you add news or update a ladder/stats. I've hit the site and assumed there'd been no new news for a week because the info was cached.

Reply #556665 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/gamecent/p/leagueid/AUS/ot/3/season/2016/leagueprofile.html

Reply #556672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac has said it all right there. unusable in current format.

Thanks for the link LV

Reply #556674 | Report this post

Slammin'08  
Years ago

I was going to go on and mention the interface issues you were talking about Isaac but I have been get a bit sick of the negativity against the league the last few weeks on here. It seems that there are so many positives this season and for 1 I am actually following things more than I have the last few seasons but the negative crowd makes it seem like the world is ending. Didn't want to add to the noise!

Reply #556678 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

No worries.

That site is fantastic, except it'd be great if they added 2008 and 2009 stats.

Reply #556679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I use the RealGM NBL stats page...

http://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/5/Australian-NBL/stats

Sortable full league or individual team stats (as averages, totals or per minute) - plus all the advanced stats as well.

Only drawback is it's a day behind due to the time difference (US based), but sill infinitely better than the tripe on the NBL site!

Reply #556681 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks LV - that's much better!

Reply #556688 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

There is a very good reason there are complaints. Firstly we are from Adelaide and we don't have a score board and many other things have not been taken care of locally. And for every positive there are 2-3 negatives. Active and workable and informative stats link that you can open immediately is essential on the NBL web and Team Webs and especially the Fans links.. There are many issues with the websites not to mention the failure to have them updated let alone the minefield navigating them and its compatibility issues with some operating platforms and services. NBL Live has issues too. So what should be better is not. And for some the schedule is s a major issue. All very valid so do not disregard someone else's issues unless you intend to never ever have an issue ever in your life yourself when your expectations are not met. Great for you if you are happy but not for many others because we are all different and lead different lives.

Reply #556711 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They should just stick with the Foxsportspulse stats page that has every season of the NBL on it, has pretty much everything you need and is easily navigable.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=0-189-0-327335-0&pool=1001&round=0&a=STATS

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be running this season? Hopefully someone gets it back on track.

Reply #557023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754