Matthew
Years ago

United VS Wildcats, 29th October

Yeah its a bit early, but its my first experience being in Melbourne and attending a Wildcats game whilst I am there. Im gonna be brave and get out my Beal Singlet as I bought a Gold seat in amongst the United supporters (Not sure what color they wear).

So if this is my last post, so long.... Please put Jack Toft out to pasture every so often.

Topic #38273 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is early then there is not even conceived...

Reply #557082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL someone just prematured.

Reply #557084 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Im just finding it hard to believe that a Gold seat is only 42 bucks. like WTH?

Reply #557088 | Report this post

Jay B  
Years ago

Wonder if anyone wears a Tigers jersey to the United games.. can anyone confirm seeing?

Reply #557089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they do Jay B

Reply #557111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

42 bucks is normal except in perthland (suckers).

Reply #557124 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Ha, and if you wear a Tigers top to United games it's $50.00 for the same seat...

;)

Reply #557227 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

42 "only"?

Damn, how much are the tickets in Perth?

Reply #557229 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I know right, if $42 is cheap, how much are the tickets??? Sydney prices are great, and around that too! But seriously how much money is a gold seat in Perth?

Reply #557244 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Platinum (closest seats) in perth are 168$ (including booking fee) per game.

Reply #557252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth is such an important place they charge what ever they want and idiots pay they insane price. Yet someone here said a while ago they didn't make a profit? Surely not.

Reply #557255 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wow. Platinum are 60 in Melbourne.

How much is the next tier down?

Reply #557272 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Wildcats home game prices (single game)

Add $9.10 if you want to pick you tickets up at the door or
Add $6.60 if you want an electronic ticket

Platinum $158
Gold $107
Silver Adult $71.36
Silver Child (4-16) $56.07
Bronze Adult $45.88
Bronze Child (4-16) $30.58
Nickle (single seats only) Adult $20.39
Nickle (single seats only) Child $10.20

Reply #557275 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Oh my goodness.

That is phenomenally expensive. Incredible that they're getting 11,000 people to their games.

Reply #557281 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah but about 9000 of them are paying half those prices.

Reply #557287 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Why- memberships?

Do they offer mini memberships too?

Reply #557292 | Report this post

"idiots pay they insane price."

Why are they idiots? If they can afford to pay that and choose to do so, that isn't really what I would call idiotic.

Reply #557308 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Yeah you can get smaller memberships.

So yes my statement about 42 is still spot on. I actually thought I had accidentily picked the wrong seats.. like a Bronze or brass or silver or something.

Then I double checked.

Another thing. You can freakin pick your seats. Its like about time. Im currently purchasing some tickets for some people to the Hopman Cup (double tennis tournament here in Perth) and Ticketek dont give me that option and then give me the 'best available' bullshit. No.. guys.. the best available would be me actually picking out the seats I wanted on some computer software that was developed in the 2000's.

When I went to an NBA game in NYC, I picked my seat from my home in Perth. I didnt have to go to a purchase point in the CBD to buy a specific ticket.

Sorry.. rant over.

Reply #557315 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

The wildcats high prices make buying a membership more appealing.

Reply #557340 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The Wildcats off court entertainment and general hype must be unbelievably first class.

Because to be honest and with all due respect, their on-court product is not very exciting at all.

They dribble down the court, give it to Knight/Wagstaff/Jervis in like a mid-post region and the players then kind of shuffle a few places around the perimeter and then somehow they've scored. It's slow, its unathletic and simple basketball (which at the same time does make them so successful).

Imagine a team like this year's Melb or last year's Breakers at that venue.

Reply #557373 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

At the same time, it does go to show you that dunks, long bomb threes and all those things we think are 'exciting' aren't necessarily the only way to get extra fans in.

It does underline that fans will come in groves if:

1. Team is successful - which Perth have been
2. The atmosphere and off court excitement and 'been there' is fantastic.

Reply #557375 | Report this post

Don't you mean droves?

Reply #557385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MACDUB, have you already forgotten that high octane excitement machine of last year, now in the NBA? And what about Beal and Perth's other outside shooters? Martin's hustle was always entertaining too, I'm sorry but I must be watching an different team!

Reply #557392 | Report this post

Jay B  
Years ago

Staaand together, Weeest Australia
We're the Wildcats, we’re the Wildcats
We’re coming for you

Siiing together, Weeest Australia
We’re the Wildcats, we’re the Wildcats
And we never lose

Reply #557394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goes to show most are going for a night out not really for the basketball since as mentioned above Wildcats brand of ball is horrible.

Reply #557398 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I believe the Wildcats hype is the driving factor - the entertainment is leagues above any other team in the country.

And yes, our team hasn't been the most athletically entertaining (besides Ennis and Dunigan)... but that hasn't matter because the hype is ingrained.

It all started with the whole "wear red" campaign in the challenge stadium days and Lachie Reid as MC.

It became the hottest ticket in town that no one knew about.

A 5,500 seat arena that eventually had a members waiting list.

You weren't going to see dunks or amazing individual performances, you were going to be part of the jungle.

Sadly those days are gone.

What the Wildcats did well was capitalised on the renewed interest and hype and put out a product that could continue to grow.

I liken it to the WWF Attitude era then becoming the WWE PG era.

I really miss the environment at Challenge stadium.

While the clubs's gotten so much bigger and more successful, it's also lost it's soul a tiny bit.

Of course only a Perth fan would complain about wanting their team to play in a sold out 5,500 person stadium as opposed to a 14,000 arena haha... and that's why NBL fans love to hate us! ;)

Reply #557399 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Wow, I don't see anything but a classic match up in this game and we all seem to be anticipating it with high expectations, so why the hate on Perth's game?

This one could be the game of the season so far, both teams undefeated, big Nate coming to the big smoke, the Ballers shooting the lights out from outside the arc, what more do you guys want, really?

Reply #557402 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

With few exceptions, the Wildcats play with high energy and intensity and they have a great home record. They also have a steady roster of likeable characters (for home fans!) who generally kick east coast butt. There's plenty to like if you're a basketball fan in Perth, let alone a Wildcats fan.

Sadly, however, and perhaps more crucially, they haven't found a way to appease the Wildcat-hating anons on Hoops, and I fear eventually that will be their downfall.

Reply #557445 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

After tonight's loss to the Croc's this game takes on huge importance, more than it did before tonight's result, for both teams but Perth will be ruthless and if United has a weakness they will be gunning for it.

Can't wait.........

Reply #557615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now we can use this thread. Surely Cats are fatigued as fk after the epic weekend. or do they not fly back home?

Reply #558515 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I really hope that this game lives up to expectations. I wouldn't of minded if Perth had dropped the game against the Hawks playing the game they did. I just don't want to see a repeat of the Cats v Crocs game.

Reply #558523 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Wildcats not back in Perth until Friday

Reply #558525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't worry RMQ, I remember the insane atmosphere at Challenge with Lachie bringing me to tears with his empassioned raves about the Cats whislt standing on the scorers desk.

ON YOUR FEET PERTH!!!

HALET'S GO WILDCATS, LET'S GO!!

Reply #558532 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think this one has the potential to be the best match of the whole day.

Reply #558544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great banter on 91.3 between Scott Cummings and the other dude about Perth v Melb right now

Reply #558548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*radio in Perth

Reply #558549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes sense staying over east saves at least another eight to nine hours of travel back and forth not to mention the prep time before the actual air travel.

Reply #558557 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I wondered what was generating so much interest, instead its all about Ticket prices and the predictable "Perf sukks, yoos ar all idiots for paying so much."
In one survey a couple of years back, Perth was rated the most expensive city in the world. Fortunately the same survey rated Ha Noi the cheapest, and that's where I was living. Things are starting to settle down post boom, but yes still expensive.

Plus we have one of the best venues in the country, somebody has to pay for that.
And yeah, if you see what we pay for Subi Oval, the Arena is a bargain.

Now, any chance we could talk about the game?
Top of the Table Clash, should be huge.

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, we need Damo and Prather back. Not sure even an extraordinary efforts like yesterday's will be enough with them.

Reply #558559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hello? I can hear an echo. Where is everyone? This was the hottest game of the round.

Reply #559687 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754