Anonymous
Years ago

Wildcats vs Crocs, Oct 23

Today.
Perth Arena
TV: Fox Sports News (Foxtel Channel 500)
Time: 9:30pm EST (6:30pm Perth time)

Perth, you would think, would easily get this one but I have a feeling the Crocs will keep it close

Topic #38278 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

This one worries me, not sure how the Croc's can go to W.A. in the mental state they are in and compete against one of the best, if not currently the best list in the NBL...

Reply #557314 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Crocs were pretty good in Round 2, not far off a road sweep, then terrible against Melbourne. Which team will show up tonight? They've been pretty competitive against Perth under Dennis' watch, so I think they'll at least make a contest of it, even if they do drop away as the game wears on.

If they don't bounce back from Wednesday and show some pride it will be a very worrying sign for them. Can't be much more embarrassed than they were.

Reply #557322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth easy in this one, but come Sunday illawarra I think will bring perth crashing back down to earth.

Reply #557324 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im the words of Clubber Lang the prediction.... "Painnnnn".

Reply #557327 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Prather and Marto in doubt.

More excited about watching Randle play again to be honest.

If Jett has another stinker he could be gone.

Jawai to drop 20 easy points.

Cats by 25.

Reply #557328 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I actually rate the Hawks, but also the 6'ers are making some noise while Perth and Melbourne are front runners at the moment the Breakers have found a new lease of life and let's face it both QLD teams have decent enough lists and Sydney won't be a push over once they are at full strength.

So, the league looks pretty healthy to me, I guess is what I am burbling on about...

Happy Days!

Reply #557329 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Question marks over Prather and Martin makes this an intriguing contest.

Crocs have been mostly competitive except for blown off the court twice by hot shooting from United. Have a feeling they will keep this close ish

Reply #557331 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they can speed this up, as they like to do, it's in their favour, same with game against Cairns, whereas speeding it up against Melbourne was a no-no that played right into United's hands. Jett, Conklin and Steindl must all perform well tonight to give them a chance though.

Reply #557336 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ahh Prather out really does make it interesting, will be closer than people think. Crocs need to take advantage of undermanned teams!

Reply #557337 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Conklin has a stellar record against the Wildcats. 19.4ppg across 7 games over the pass 2 seasons. He loves playing them, and he's due for a big game.

The problem for them is that they don't have any other scorers. Two of those three need to have big nights for them to be any chance of a win- like against Sydney, Jett and Steindl combined for 40 points.

Reply #557339 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah someone anyone other than Conklin has to hold the defence accountable... Jett needs to be that guy for mine. Steindl is a great catch and shoot guy but not self creator.

Reply #557341 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm expecting a close and ugly game tonight :-/

Like RMQ I think I'm more looking forward to Kings-36rs than this one.
But since my seat costs me $13974 per game (or thereabouts) I guess I had better use it!

Reply #557344 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Just to be controversial, Crocs by 2.

Reply #557345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth without Martin and Prather still have a better team on paper then Crocs.

Regardless of weather they play or not I'm still expecting a win. Just may be closer than expected.

Reply #557353 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sportsbet have Cats $1.10, Crocs $7.00
I favour the Wildcats to win it, but that seems over the top to me.
Handicap is -12.5 points

Reply #557355 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Id be looking at the Crocs on the line or even alternate, IF Prather is actually out, will def be close than a 25 point blow out that people expect.

Reply #557359 | Report this post

"my seat costs me $13974 per game"

Idiot!

Reply #557360 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Agree with the pace of the game especially if Prather is out then Perth has zero Athleticism. Think Conklin is due a big game only trouble is all the attention he gets. I say Perth by 10.

Reply #557364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A blowout will not please the idiot who started the other thread but lets face it Townsville don't have a hope in hell

Reply #557365 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Prather noticeably absent from this mornings shoot around - source Wildcats Snapchat account.

He was there in a warm up shirt tho.

Reply #557372 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Here's my preview to the game
http://wildcatsviews.com/2015/10/22/preview-perth-wildcats-vs-townsville-crocodiles/

Reply #557382 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Sadly due to work commitments I cant go to the game tonight, so have passed my membership pass on to a fellow co worker.

Reply #557424 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Martin and Prather confirmed out.

Reply #557425 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Id even consider using Wroe this game or Wagstaff as a Guard.

Reply #557427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the update Matthew haha

Reply #557428 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

The Cats have a nightmare type schedule from here so this is a must win. They play the Hawks and the United away next and the Breakers and the Hawks away again in the next 6 games.

Reply #557468 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. Scathing words from Dennia following the Melb game. Pretty big attack on Jett.

Reply #557534 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Young should have been T'd up for that. Pretty much charged at Knight.

Reply #557535 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Perth is already on 13 and Townsville have so far only attempted 4 shots. How is that even possible?

Reply #557537 | Report this post

J-Man  
Years ago

its getting ugly out there..

Reply #557538 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Kenny is perhaps the most underrated player in the league.

He is the MVP of the league in terms of the player who is fulfilling their job description/role best.

Reply #557539 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I'm turning off after 7 minutes. Townsville are TERRIBLE!

Reply #557540 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

This is getting ugly

Reply #557542 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

8 point run out of nowhere for Townsville.

Reply #557546 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Dennis always complains whe Conklin doesn't get a call. Does he not realise that Conklin initiates the contact virtually every single time..Dennia has this expectation that as long as Conklin draws the contact its a foul.

Reply #557547 | Report this post

tom  
Years ago

Kenny is a great pickup by Perth.

Reply #557549 | Report this post

tom  
Years ago

Much better effort by Townsville!

Reply #557550 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I'm with you XY. Good thing I didn't pay almost $1400 per game.

Amy Schumer is sad but fun on the comedy channel right now unlike Townsville.

Reply #557551 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wait what did Maynard actually do?

Looked like absolutely nothing to me?

Reply #557552 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

That would be the worst tech foul call ever!

Reply #557553 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

4 point game!

Reply #557555 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Id be pushing Jawai's sweaty body off me too! Reminds of that scene in Along Came Polly!

Reply #557562 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Great 1/4 from Townsville think that the tech on Maynard was harsh. What did Maynard do that was any different from Jawai?

Reply #557564 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Perth's offense needs overhauling.

They hold onto the ball for too long and just pass around the perimeter slowly. Everything is just slow.

Reply #557572 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Is Jawai hurt?

Reply #557574 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Geez it'd be a nice win for the Crocs and the league, dare to dream. And i was wondering the same about Jawai has to be injured surely...

Reply #557576 | Report this post

J-Man  
Years ago

love the commentators enthusiasm

Reply #557578 | Report this post

J-Man  
Years ago

lol Selena Gomez

Reply #557579 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Henry for threeeeeee

Reply #557580 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wow... 7 points down with 2:32 left.
11-2 run, 3 3s and 2 free throws, with 2 missed free throws for Greg Hire and Townsville are up 2 with 30 secs left.

Reply #557581 | Report this post

J-Man  
Years ago

Unbelievable.

Reply #557582 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Henry gets the steal and is fouled. Makes 1 of 2.
Perth with the 12 seconds, need 3 to tie it.

Reply #557583 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Townsville win!

Reply #557584 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Wow!

Go Crocs, just an enormous effort that...

Reply #557585 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Crocs win

Reply #557586 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

TOWNSVILLE!

Reply #557587 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Perth scored 35 points after quarter time. 28 in the first.
Might be the biggest turnaround I've ever seen after that first quarter.

Reply #557588 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

WOW, great result, good games tonight!

Reply #557589 | Report this post

Ricky D  
Years ago

Gleeson to get the chop..

Reply #557590 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

OMG. Anyone know how much they would have been paying when they were down by 17 in the first!!!

Reply #557592 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Anyone take the $7 on offer?

Reply #557596 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Holy cow, how good was that?! Crocs couldn't have played any worse in the first quarter but gee they were a committed, discipline team after that.

So good to see Mitch Norton step up with a huge game like that, he was icewater, and some really nice contributions from Leon Henry, Nick Kay and Corey Maynard. The lesser lights getting it done!

Reply #557597 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Bloody awesome win by the crocs, great to see mitch Norton shooting the ball

Reply #557598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Towards the tail end all timeouts shown on TV were Wildcats and it was very interesting as it totally exposed Gleeson. There was one where he said nothing for the first half of the timeout and just looked down at his board. What a dud.

Reply #557600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Crocs looked absolutely hapless early on. Perth had scored 8 points before Townsville even had a shot attempt recorded. I started to wonder how a team getting thumped by 30 each game was going to last the season.

Then it seemed to start with Conklin getting fired up, and even though he didn't score much, his team got on board and reeled in the lead. And then hung around. And then won.

Hugely entertaining game to watch.

Reply #557603 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Hats off to the TLV team, total underdogs and no one would have given them half a chance in this one, I was hoping they could give a good account of themselves tonight but that was beyond brilliant...

Just goes to show, in a two horse race, anything can happen!

Reply #557604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With perth's next three games against Illawarra and Melbourne they could be looking at a 2-4 start to season. This one will come back to bite them

Reply #557608 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hats off to the commentators too, particularly Dwayne Russell, he rode the Crocs home like a jockey at Flemington!

Reply #557609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's all about Moonee Valley this weekend :P

Reply #557612 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Apologies!

Reply #557614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There seemed to be so many shot opportunities right in front of the basket tonight that weren't layups or bankable. Those awkward type ones which sadly no one could hit which wasn't pretty on the eye. The best shooting in fact was the Crocs from outside.

Reply #557621 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

Outstanding effort by the Crocs. Absolutely played with heart and intensity. My cats were pathetic today. Depleted or not, that was insipid as a fan to watch. Here's hoping they bounce back on Sunday.
Ps- #sackgleeson

Reply #557623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anyone take the $7 on offer?"

You could get up to $8 pregame.

I wonder what the live betting odds were when Crocs were down by 19 (I think that was the highest margin at one point).

Reply #557626 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Guess I turned off too soon. On the upside, saw a half ok movie.

Reply #557635 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

In all honesty, that was just a shit game.
Seemed to be a lot of agro, not really sure what it was all about, double-fouls, and tech fouls.
Cats were just crap.
I love a good tough defensive grind, but it wasn't.

BUT full credit to Townsville. They weren't great, but they knew what they had to do and the nailed it.
Absolutely MURDERED us from outside.

Yes, Jawai limped off. Couldn't tell what exactly it was, could have been an ankle maybe.
But it was no great loss, we still had plenty of size out there.

Unfortunately our complete reliance on Beal failed us tonight. Most nights he pulls our nuts from the fire, tonight he had an off night, and it costs us.
We can't keep overplaying him, make him run the point as well half the time, and expect him to keep producing.

Knight was brilliant as always, but I'm starting to wonder if we aren't better off with him at Centre, and keeping the "two centres" trick for an occasional outing only.

Reply #557638 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW some of Jordair Jett's defence on Jermaine Beal was top notch tonight.

Reply #557639 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I took the $7 when I saw it still being offered after Martin & Prather were confirmed out. Just dumb odds in a 2 horse race.
Now I'm pissed off at both the Wildcats for blowing that game, and myself for not betting more!

"I'm expecting a close and ugly game tonight :-/"
I should have bet on that as well. Probably would have got about $1.01 on that bold prediction :p

Reply #557641 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

I tell ya's....

All this crap about "sack gleeson" and yet after the win a few weeks back v 36ers in Adelaide, he was GOD.

If you thought your team was awesome, they are.
But sometimes, things go pear-shaped without warning.

Cut the crap on the coach, guess all those wins and titles you've won with him at the helm dont count for much now do they?

Reply #557645 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

NB: I am getting sick of the repeated BS around Martin.
Two weeks ago he was supposedly a game-night decision away from playing, and we still haven't seen him.

As for Kenny, I don't know what he cost us, points or otherwise, but if you were looking for a back-up PG, he'd be an excellent pickup. Problem is that he now has to play as the strtaing PG, with Wroe as his backup, and without Martin or Prather we were exposed.

Reply #557650 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Credit to the Crocs for getting back in the game and getting the win after being 20 points down. Perths offence is just ugly. Hopefully we get Damo and Prather back for Sunday.

Reply #557651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another blow out ;)

Reply #557652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only the fools like Gleeson during winnning streaks. Don't make them blind you to the clued in who want him out since last season.

Reply #557653 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

More bad news on the injury front for cats....

"The Perth Wildcats could go into Sunday's game against the Illawarra Hawks without four of their starting five after Nate Jawai and Matt Knight were injured in a horror three-point loss to the Townsville Crocodiles tonight."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/29894757/perth-wildcats-swallowed-by-crocs/

Reply #557654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz that was disgraceful by Perth. Hire has looked awful playing out of position this year. Gleason rolled the dice thinking he could save marto and prather for Sunday and its blown up in his face. Have we pushed jawai too hard too soon as well? He's for knee problems and shouldve been eased into the season given his poor fitness base

Reply #557662 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Knight injured?
Gee that's not something you hear often...
Cats are too shallow and too injury prone, and with that in mind I'm not sure Nate was the best fit.

Reply #557664 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Hire's ok value to have coming off the bench into a 4 spot, even a 3/4. As a 2 he sucks

Reply #557666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see the arrogant Perth supporters get a taste of the real world. Enjoy.

Reply #557667 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

God, that was a disgrace.

Reply #557669 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Is it Jesse Wagstaff who is sponsored by SKG Radiology? Whoever it is, after they mentioned it during the game I turned to my mate and said surely it should be Matty Knight that's sponsored by them.
Sure enough, within half an hour of that comment, down he went :/
Looked like the type of injury that might take a while to get right, too. Those shoulders can be tricky.

Reply #557671 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Thought it looked like a small crowd also but they still managed 10400.

Reply #557672 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Kudos to the Crocs btw for hanging tough.
From their POV that must have been a pretty epic win.

Reply #557673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back dunigan

Reply #557674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Martin and Prather still injured or were merely rested tonight?

Reply #557675 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Damo still injured, Prather pulled up sore. Something about reaggravating whatever he hurt with that miscued dunk attempt in the last couple minutes against NZ.

Reply #557676 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Both injured. As well as Jawai and Matty after tonight.

Reply #557677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So four starters being injured isn't a cheap headline? Wow that is huge.

Reply #557679 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, and no doubt went a long way to explain why we looked like chooks that had been given brain trauma before being turned into headless chooks on our last few offensive sets.

And holy effing balls, is it an actual strategy of ours that we should constantly leave 3pt shooters open? The number of times Abercrombie and Bartlett got open shots last week, the open threes we let Townsville take late.

Surely Gleeson has to recognise there is a problem here?

Reply #557682 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@p557662 there was no dice rolling. Prather and Damo are still injured. Any coach with healthy players plays them. Playing injured players before being fully fit at this early stage of the season would be plain stupid. Cats will bounce back once everyone is fully fit. Hope Nate and Matty pull up okay.

Reply #557683 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

In fairness, leaving Bartlett & Abercrombie alone outside the arc has traditionally been a pretty solid philosophy on D.
When I saw Henry open though ... I just knew that one was gonna drop.

Reply #557684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The question is when will everyone be fully fit as the games are coming thick and fast for the Cats.

Reply #557685 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Great to see the arrogant Perth supporters get a taste of the real world.
Great to see another moronic "Perf Sukks" comment from some fuckwit who can't even figure out how to put his name on a post

Reply #557690 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Are Martin and Prather still injured or were merely rested tonight?
It's a valid question.
Martin was supposedly a "game-night" decision for the past two weeks. Prather hurt his leg at practice and supposedly required only ice.

Crocs have been shite so far, so did Gleeson err on the side of caution, and not play them, in expectation of an easy win.

I appreciate that a lot of people like to see Perth lose, and that's fine, lose we did.
But lets be realistic and not pretend that was some epic battle. It was one of the crappiest games I have seen in a long time.

Perth blew them away in the first few minutes, and I think they got complacent. Let them back in with soft crappy ball, but even so had the gamed iced with a few minutes to run, and simply screwed up epically. Arrogant? Complacent? Lazy? Disrespectful?

For some reason, when they had that lead, the cats decided the smart move was to run down the clock on every play, resulting in no scores and turnovers.
Whilst at the other end just sagging off and letting the Crocs drain the 3's.
Then you've got "Captain" Hire, who not only misses the basket but completely fucks the free-throws.

Reply #557691 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That second quarter...

Reply #557701 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Crocs actually started showing some ball movement on offence which resulted in good looks for three, which hasn't happened a lot so far this year. Perth did a great job on Conklin all game giving him no room to move in the post and triple teamed him on the Henry three, Conklin was just good enough to find the shooter.

I'd like to see the crocs use that a lot more this year as teams smother Conklin, who is usually very hard to stop in the post. It's not something I remember seeing a lot of with Conklin over the last couple of years (drawing the d and kicking out to the shooters) he usually just bully's his way to the hoop.

Reply #557704 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Aah the minnows rise up again. Shame on you Crocs,only "big " cities are allowed in the comp according to the muppets on this forum!

Reply #557713 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@Kr. Absolutely right: Conklin needs to continue to learn how to pass out of double teams better because he's going to see a lot of them this year. Passing is the one thing he needs to really improve.

Great to see Norton play assertively. I don't know where his head has been all year, but we need him to be looking to score in double figures every game and look for his shot, especially at the rim where he can finish when he wants to. Hopefully this game was not an aberration and he is back to his old self, or else i'm really worried about his career, because he has been playing poorly even in the state league for the last couple of years.

Also, am I the only one that thinks the Crocs would be better without Luke Schenscher at this point? He should have never been brought in, and his money should have gone to a better import. The more minutes Kay gets the better, he's already a better scorer and rebounder than Big Red.

Great win from a really young team. Clint Steindl is one of the oldest guys on this team. That's how young they are.

Reply #557716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a Perth fan i am disgusted with that performance.
Absolutely no excuse for losing to Townsville

Reply #557717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson basically admitted in yesterday's newspaper that he thought he could be extra careful with Martin and prather because of how the team has started. And whilst he didn't say it it was also inferred because of who the opposition were as he gave them fake praise about how tough they would be to play coming off a shellacking like they were the hawthorn football club or something. Look, it was a gamble that didn't pay off, now the cats are under big pressure to grab a win on Sunday. Gleeson too complacent and that flowed through to the team which is clear when you Blow a 20 point lead at home to the worst team in the league talent wise.

Reply #557720 | Report this post

36ersNayshun  
Years ago

Words cannot explain my regret at turning off at half time.

Reply #557732 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mick, I don't think Schenscher was a bad pick up, but I do think he should be Kay's back-up. Kay suits the Crocs' style a lot better and could be a big part of the team's future if they survive.

Schenscher should play with a versatile line-up like Maynard, Jett, Steindl and Henry, who can spread the floor, use athleticism to create passing lanes on cuts off the post, and be disruptive defensively with Luke behind them.

Re a better import, Jett is quality, he just needs to get fit.

Reply #557733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I was coaching v the Crocs, I'd play Conklin one on one and stay tight on the shooters. Conklin loves getting his numbers and will only pass when he is forced to. No need to double team him.

Reply #557738 | Report this post

Dman  
Years ago

I think Jett when he gets full fitness and a custom to the league will have an expolsive second half to the season. And yes if Conklin can regularly find the open shooter while being smoothered in defense the Crocs will ruffle quite a few feathers this year.

Reply #557740 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

I was told last night by Cats staff that the medical team won't let Damo come back until he has several injury free training sessions. They don't want to re-injure like last time. And apparently Prather's injury is worse than they originally thought.

Reply #557742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word yet on Knight or Jawai for Sunday

Reply #557745 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Agree with Anon 738 above re. defending Conklin. He doesn't seem to want to kick it out until he has literally no other options available.
Hopefully for his & Crocs' sakes he had a bit of an epiphany last night that winning can actually be just as fun as stat padding in a loss.

Reply #557766 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Hawks still paying $1.70 that's easy money right there. Wish I had some more bucks in my betting account.

Reply #557780 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That's very generous isn't it. Might have to get a piece of that action. That's my favourite type of bet ... I'd be happy to lose my money if the Cats can pull out a road win.

Reply #557782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats with perths inability to defend the 3pt line, as a Hawks fan I can only hope they continue that trend as Hawks will destroy them.

Reply #557786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By putting a name to your posts like Dazz, doesn't give any more validity to be an anonymous Dazz. With the crap you post, you would be better off being another anonymous. Just sayin. Many anonymous' here talk far more sense than yourself.

Reply #557789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha the irony if the guy with no funds left in his betting account calling out a great bet opportunity. Pile in on the wildcats!

Reply #557791 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

Here's my very reluctant recap of last nights debacle

http://wildcatsviews.com/2015/10/24/perth-wildcats-vs-crocs-what-just-happened/

Reply #557795 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

@Anon, I started with $10 deposit on sportsbet a few weeks ago at the start of the NBL season I don't really ever bet big and have withdrawn at least $200 and have about $120 in bets pending so yeah I know nothing. NBL and WNBL betting is easy money.

Reply #557807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My comment was tongue in cheek Andy you gotta admit your initial post did have that ironic humour in it.

To be fair to you, at least you are willing to put your opinion out there about what looks like a good bet to you. Unlike others who wait for the final result before telling others they had put a bet on.

Reply #557810 | Report this post

I also have a large bet on the Hawks.

Reply #557812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what time did the cats fly out

Reply #557813 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

@Anon, Ok my bad...get it now. Its easy to get defensive around here with so many anon's about.

Reply #557825 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Whats with perths inability to defend the 3pt line, as a Hawks fan I can only hope they continue that trend as Hawks will destroy them.
Simple, its lack of personnel.
Beal played almost the whole game and was knackered, Kenny was brought in as a cheap BACKUP PG, and then you have Wroe who only just joined the team as a DP. The rest are forwards or centres. Knight particularly is a great defender in the paint.
It's no coincidence that Perth dominated the paint, and left far too much space on the perimeter.

Reply #557853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's strange, with all the Perth detractors on here I thought you'd all be loving the opportunity to point out how crap they were? Rather everyone wants to praise Townsville for their great victory.

Hate to burst the bubble but there was nothing great about that game. There have been games where struggling teams just play out of their socks and take it right up to the power team. This wasn't one of them.
Without the best defensive player in the league, and down to 7 regular players Perth's defence was rubbish yet Townsville managed only 66 points. That is a fair indicator of where they are at. Perth fell to pieces and managed only 63. They could easily have scored on their last play but kept kicking it out to look for a 3.
Remains to be seen if Perth can recover from this or if they will continue to struggle.
They need Martin back.
Prather is at least better than a hole, so they need him back too. Need to find somebody to replace Jawai.

Reply #557856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone seriously expect Jawai to complete a full season?

Reply #557866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754