fox sports 5

Reply #557864 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

Not sure. Didn't say

Reply #557865 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

It only runs for half an hour I would like them to do a one hour show about NBL, NBA and college

Reply #557877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ESPN for NCAA & NBA

Reply #557878 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

How does it help the nbl to promote everything else?

Reply #557882 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Attest that fills my NBL void on Tuesdays....now just need to get through Mondays :P

Reply #557898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea having the NBL covering everyone else's games. Why don't you criticise or comment on why THEY don't do it here? So many retards.

Reply #557899 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I think it's just the one Tuesday night?

Reply #557938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the reason why highlights have been blocked on the nbl app

Reply #557966 | Report this post

Natural is better  
Years ago

This is just what the doctor ordered.

Reply #557971 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

It is every Tuesday. Why would it 've just the one Tuesday night threee weeks into the season? The Fox schedule shows that it is a regular fixture anyway. Every Tuesday at 8 Adelaide time on Fox 5

Reply #557974 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, I give them a clap for trying to promote the game, god knows the Melbourne Herald Sun doesn't give a flying fracker about the game, nothing at all again this Monday morning...

Wait as minute, who owns the Sun, compared to who owns the Age??

Anyway, I don't know what it is like in other states, but here in Victoria it is miserable how basketball is treated by the newspapers!

Today's Herald Sun, cricket, rugby union, football, netball, motor racing, horses, soccer.....etc, etc, but no basketball whatsoever, again!

Reply #558343 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I must have checked too early when I looked at the following week on the guide.

If they're going to do a half an hour highlights show, why don't they do it of the previous round's games instead? (like the EPL highlights show) More relevant, who cares about the Blitz anymore

Reply #558352 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

Ket..... Seriously? It's called the blitz, but it is not highlights of the nbl blitz. How dumb do you have to be? Weekly highlights of a 2 month old, four day tournament? Have those rocks surgically removed from your head.

Reply #558356 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yes, it did come across my mind that they had just decided to name a regular highlights show as "NBL Blitz". However, when I looked at the Foxtel Guide last week under information, the "NBL Blitz" said "Highlights of the NBL Blitz", checking it now it just says "Episode 1" under information. Hopefully you should be able to see how "Highlights of the NBL Blitz" can be interpreted as...highlights of the NBL Blitz.

Congratulations on the dickish knee-jerk response though, your mother must be proud.

Reply #558362 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

Okay, fair enough. That would be a typo on their part.

Reply #558365 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Great to have this show on Foxtel.

When does the NBL season go from Fox Sports News to normal Fox Sports?

Reply #558782 | Report this post

Natural is better  
Years ago

Absolutely outstanding package.
Will watch every week.
Helped that the highlights were tasty too.

Reply #558788 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nothing super special but a good highlights package from each game. A good half hour of hoops.

Reply #558794 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I liked it. It could use some improvements, but I am happy that they are doing the damn thing.

Reply #558797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you guys think could be done better? Anyone know the name of the voiceover guy? I thought that was a handy addition, thought it was just going to be a set of highlights as per the NBL Live App but to have a bit of storytelling helps sell the product and the drama a bit more I reckon

Reply #558799 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Liked it.
(The guy is Dwayne Russell btw)
Half an hour provides time for a good amount of highlights for each game, and I liked what they selected and how it was presented.

Ideas for improvements? I dunno. The bulk of the show is always going to be game recaps. They could maybe pick a player of the week or a coach for an interview? But probably not necessary since the game recaps include bits of that anyway.

As the season moves forward I'd also like to see them briefly show the league top 10 stat leaders for scoring, rebounding & assists, before they show the upcoming round of fixtures.

Reply #558800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell only did the intro and outro.

The commentator narrating the highlights is Richard Bayliss who is involved with football/A-League coverage for Fox. Great pick.

Even during the last time Fox covered the league professionally there was no real highlights show. The extras were the pre/post game show on Big Wednesday and panel show during the week.

Ideally (ok I'm being greedy) you would have this highlights show on a Monday, panel show on Tuesday, and perhaps another pregame package OR studio coverage to fill the hole between a double header. Therefore seven day coverage for all us junkies.

So far so good, perfect round to start the highlights show as the quality of games was excellent. oh wait no sorry it's a blowout league lol

Reply #558801 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

» Every Game Live on FOX in HD & Foxtel GO Streaming
» Live game of the week on FTA through GEM/GO
» Streaming of every game & On Demand for $15/month on Phones/Tablets
» Streaming of every game & On Demand for News Corp Digital customers through Fox Sports.com.au
» Weekly highlights show on Fox Sports

Last year we had...
» One live game in NSW/Vic/Tas & delay in other states on Channel 10 on Sunday
» One delayed game on Friday on ONEHD
» Streaming of most games live through NBLTV (crappy quality stream)

LK has ticked off essentially every box now! So. Much. Better. than last year.

Reply #558803 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754