Anonymous
Years ago

Vale Flip Saunders

Flip Saunders has passed away at the age of 60.

Saunders announced in August that he was being treated for Hodgkin lymphoma. Doctors considered it "very treatable and curable," and Saunders at the time said he planned to remain the Timberwolves' head coach and president of basketball operations.

But Saunders was hospitalized following a setback in September, and it was announced Friday that Saunders would miss the entire 2015-16 season.

Topic #38304 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's bloody terrible, I never knew he was on his deathbed I just read the news he wouldn't coach the T-Wolves this season and thought it understandable with say chemo etc but never knew it was life threatening.

RIP

Reply #558406 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Flip Saunders was the first coach that turned around the Timberwolves. The franchise hadn't made the playoffs ever until he became coach and took them on a successful run 7-8 stretch. They may have even had a championship if Tom Googliotta and Stephon Marbury stayed in Minnesota.

May he Rest in Peace. My condolences to his family.

Reply #558468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754