LV
Years ago

Crocs vs Hawks, Oct 28

Big game for both teams.

Illawarra needs to win to avoid falling behind the top 4 pace, and will be keen to make amends after "blowing it" per coach Bevo.

Crocs will be keen to get their first home win in their second attempt.

My tip is Illawarra comfortably. Reasons:

- Townsville has struggled to defend the perimeter. Melbourne has lit them up twice, and Illawarra has been nailing threes every game at high clips.

- AJ Ogilvy. Is having a great season and will be too much for the aging Schenscher, the kid Kay and Mitch Young.

On the other hand, Conklin is Townsville's greatest weapon and is yet to stamp his authority this season. It has to happen sooner or later.

Problem is, this Townsville team lacks fire power and so he could easily score 25 and they could get beaten soundly. I don't see them keeping pace with a hungry Hawks team who has had a strong start to the season and needs to rebound, with Kevin Lisch feeling more comfortable in his second game back.

Your thoughts?

Topic #38314 | Report this topic

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Townsville will be riding a wave of confidence after the Perth game, and I think any estimations about them will need to bare that in mind.

Corey Maynard and Mitch Norton will be looking to penetrate and dish, and if Steindl can capitalise, and if Conklin can play a bit more like Conklin, then it might be an interesting game.

There are few bigs who can control Ogilvy in this league. It is a team job to neutralise AJ, and everyone will be having a go at it. Rather than AJ running amok as such, look for Townsville to double team him and watch as the outside looks splash for Illawarra.

Townsville weren't expected to beat Perth, but having said that, I don't think they will beat Illawarra. I think this will be a competitive and hard fought 11 point win to the Illawarra Hawks.

Reply #558785 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Townsville have been lucky.

They rode a huge game from Jett to a tight victory over the basket case Kings, and they caught the Cats on an off shooting night; where the Cats were also hit by injuries

Reply #558790 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Crocs have been very good and very bad. Which one shows up? They have shown they have plenty of guys who can contribute, but Norton and Maynard need to disrupt defensively to stop the Hawks getting in a flow.

"Rather than AJ running amok as such, look for Townsville to double team him and watch as the outside looks splash for Illawarra."

AJ isn't really a low post player so can't see too many teams doubling him, but maybe with Townsville's lack of height this is the game where Illawarra give him some more touches down low.

Reply #558796 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I have noticed this season that Ogilvy scores most of his points rolling/cutting to the basket or on O boards. They really do need to let him isolate his man more often in the low post like Melbourne do with Warrick.

Reply #558804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Schlensenwagger is fit for this game, how is he not the perfect match up against AJ Overies?

Reply #558809 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Conklin has been struggling with the extra attention given the loss of Blanchfield. Surely due for a big game, and this might be it. It will take the same kind of gutsy performance they showed vs Perth to give themselves any kind of a chance.

Reply #558853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be interesting to see if anyone bothers to turn up.

Reply #558921 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Geez real shame to see the lack of crowd at the Swamp. I gave them the benefit of the doubt with the Cowboys dinner last home game, but that corner now Hawks one is completely bare!

Reply #559021 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. Horrible crowd! Can they at least seat them close to the court so it looks fuller on TV.

Reply #559022 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Maybe they're all stuck in traffic?

Reply #559023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's happening again

Reply #559028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it's confirmed - eight teams including Brisbane next season.

Reply #559029 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the Cowboys winning just reinforced the idea of how useless the Crocs are by comparison so if anything people care less now than ever. It's a shame because I think they're starting to do some better things off the court this season. Unfortunately i think Conklin winning an unexpected MVP really clouded their judgment in terms of personnel.

You don't let Todd Blanchfield walk no matter what he is asking for.

Mods: can you please make that last sentence auto-append to every post i make from now on.

Reply #559032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fire crowds seem to be descent.

Reply #559036 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Coenraad is so underrated. Dude is legit.

Reply #559038 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Oh look....another blow out of a game...

LOL, this league is the biggest joke in Australian sport

Reply #559039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blowout troll is back.

Reply #559041 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Conklin's game is so reliant on drawing fouls and converting from the line.

He gets ridicolously favorable calls. He draws nearly all of the contact. Hate when he does that thing where he throws his hands in the air to sell the contact.

Reply #559043 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

I am absolutely far out trying to understand how in an 8 team league, there are so many uncompetitive games...

I really really don't understand.

Reply #559045 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

40% of the players on the court at the moment attended St Louis!

Reply #559046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How extensive was the Crocs recruiting I wonder. Or was it a case of Conklin saying yeah I'm the MVP and I think my ex teammate from St. Louis would be good and Jett after a year of no ball hops on a plane?

Reply #559047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin, Jett, Ellis. Who am I missing?

Reply #559048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh I remember now Lisch too.

Reply #559049 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No live boxscore. No match highlights since two rounds ago.

The NBL is back baby!

Reply #559050 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Bloody disgrace the amount of crowd in the crowd at Townsville.

If the Wildcats was playing awfully they'll still get at least 8,000 to the games.

Reply #559051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently due to townsvilles financial losses over the past several years...
The total yearly payment for all players is $14 and a free meal at Maccas.

Reply #559053 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

LOL, look at that crowd...how embarrassing for the league

Reply #559054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If the Wildcats was playing awfully they'll still get at least 8,000 to the games."

There's no way you can claim that. The last time the wildcats were cellar dwellers their crowds were measured in the hundreds not the thousands.

Reply #559055 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

I am telling you all, the lack of competitive games on average will take the NBL back into the wilderness.

Reply #559056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, when the score is 14 - 1 , why is that great / strongest basketball ever?

Reply #559057 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Agreed Mick. NBL too busy tweeting crap to worry about things like live stats or highlights videos. The web is so last decade after all.

Reply #559058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@19:51 I can guarantee you, they pay full price at maccas now........

Reply #559059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"LOL Crocs LOL"

"Louder!"

"LOL Crocs LOL"

"I can't hear you!"

"LOL Crocs LOL"

Reply #559062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No happy meal for Townsville tonight...

Reply #559064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Each happy meal comes with a free aj Ogilvy figurine...

Reply #559065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah they will still be served Happy Meals, with a free Bulletman toy inside :D.

Reply #559067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The blowout troll playing with his blowup doll lol

Reply #559068 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Would be worth going to the game in TSV just to record it on Foxtel IQ and be able to hear yourself being the sole person chanting 'Let's go Townsville, let's go'.

Reply #559069 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

AJ is killing it. Its like Boys vs. Men inside.

Reply #559070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought up there they chant GO CROCS GO.

Although LOL CROCS LOL would be more appropriate nowadays.

Reply #559071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a worry when your women's team that plays in a much shittier stadium that's in a much shittier location is getting bigger crowds than your men's team.

Reply #559072 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

LOL, look at you guys having a go at me calling me the and caling me the blowout troll..

LOL my bad, every game is so close , every gam eis no nail biting...

Are you people that DELUDED?

Reply #559073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They did win the championship..

Reply #559074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha really Fire get more? That's hilarious.

Where are live stats so I can see AJ statline? nbl.com.au isn't working wtf it's like going back in time when half the game live scores never worked.

Reply #559075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blowout troll you have made your point, no one agrees, now piss off. Your a twat.

Reply #559076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fire and Cowboys now championship winners. Crocs irrelevant, 20 plus years of nothing.

Reply #559077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

50% of NBA games are blowouts LOL what a shit basketball league LOL

Reply #559079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

22 pts 8 rbds for aj atm.

Reply #559080 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

> 50% of NBA games are blowouts LOL what a shit basketball league LOL

67% actually. The NBA is a clearly a joke

Reply #559082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The first thing that has to happen is actually have Townsville look like a team that wants to be in the NBL. Everyone else has made an effort with game presentation, engagement or recruitment. I wonder if Townsville think Larry is going to bail them out. And based on this season so far, regardless of the W's or L's I wouldn't waste any time trying to save this franchise. It's dead. And they seem happy to slip backwards further. There seem to be some people committed to the team and I think their coach has the right idea but the rest is just going back.

You aren't always going to win and fans know that. But you have to have game night on point to counter that. Townsville just look cheap. Lord, SEABL teams do it better. Presentation is tacky, music is off, and the announcer needs to call the basketball game instead of trying to gee up a bunch of 40 year olds as the nightclub that doubles as a pub during the week. It's cringe worthy. As much as I don't like them, Melbourne and Perth are the teams to beat. It's not all perfect but I've been impressed with game presentation and it would get me going back even if the teams were losing because it looks like a professional league and not the old bush league NBL Townsville still think they're in.

So if I'm Larry, I'm on the phone during the week telling Townsville to pull their finger out or get out. And yeah, some things take time but time is what Townsville don't have.

Reply #559087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Man there are some real weird people that follow basketball, like socially odd types. Guess every sports code has them though."

LMAO this is so true. I follow a lot of sports online but NBL has to be up there at the top for the most "diverse" community.

Reply #559088 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Its a 4 point blow out right now.... disgrace. Find another sport to follow champ.

Reply #559089 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Out to a 6 point blow out now, Townsville might as well back it up and get ready for Friday's game.

Reply #559090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the guy who thinks Dellavedova is a legit NBA star"

hahaha oh him. nbl community online never fails to deliver *under breath* f'in weirods all of you *under breath*

Reply #559091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs with their customary comeback this season.

This blows out the blowout.

Reply #559092 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

There are 30 TEAMS in the NBA that play 82 games each..

There are 8 TEAMS in the NBL...8, yes, 8....and you cant even get close games...

This game was becoming close, until the INCOMPETENT referees that are common in the NBL changed the momentum

This league is a SHAM

Reply #559095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll get even worse for Townsville when Brisbane enters.
Get a tassie team going. All they have is cricket...

Reply #559096 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Get off the computer and go take your meds... its just silly spam your filling these threads up with.

Gotta give it to the Crocs they stay in games, minimal talent all heart.

Reply #559097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK isn't getting on the phone because it's easier to replace them with Brisbane then have a nine team league.

Reply #559098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

9 teams each next year...
Nbl
Cairns
Perth
Melbourne
Sydney
Illawarra
Brisbane
Perth
Adelaide
Hobart

WNBL
Melbourne
Dandenong
Bendigo
Townsville
Seq
Sydney
Canberra
Adelaide
Perth

Reply #559099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was there any sophisticated recruiting done by the Crocs at all. Or was it just Conklin getting his old teammate in for the second import slot and to fill the rest of the local quota signing the players rejected from Taipans up the highway in Cairns.

Reply #559100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not much point trying to save the Crocs if the fans aren't interested.
There's no way they'll be in the league next season if this pattern continues. I'm starting to think I should book a trip up there because I've never been to a Crocs home game and this season is my last chance.

Reply #559101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#098 LOLwat? Since when do the NBL coordinate their numbers based on the amount in the the WNBL.

Reply #559102 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ive tried to be positive in my thinking about it, but Jett doesnt seem to belong in the NBL for mine. Could've been a great opportunity with minimal expectations but he just doesnt have it.

Reply #559103 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Great hustle by AJ to get the offensive board and keep it in play.

Reply #559104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm starting to think I should book a trip up there because I've never been to a Crocs home game and this season is my last chance."

Me too. Wanna do a roadie? Last chance to visit a historic nbl venue. couldn't do it last season with that turdtacular rsl place.

Reply #559105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's better if they don't survive. Crowds may funnel towards cairns, Brisbane or the fire.

Reply #559106 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not exactly a quick drive up/down the freeway for Townsville folks to Brisbane or Cairns...

Reply #559107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is LK subsidising their rent so that at least in his first year in charge (and last year of the Crocs) the product doesn't look tainted with 1/8th of games being filmed at RSL Stadium. All of a sudden Crocs can afford to play at TEC again methinks after LK for purely cosmetic reasons stumps up a subsidy and/or fox said hell no to rsl.

Reply #559108 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Mitch Young was in the key for about 15 seconds then.

Reply #559109 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

'Circle bullshit'... lol

Reply #559110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobarts the go..
550,000 population and no professional team.
Doesn't interfere with afl...

Reply #559112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville doesn't deserve an NBL team.

Reply #559113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart won't be in.

Reply #559114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart Devils 2016/2017?

Reply #559115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sun is setting on the Crocs.

Reply #559116 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The model of having a budget roster, retaining the same team year-to-year, and banking of chemistry just doesn't work anymore I think. Too much depth in the league.

How enthusiastic would Townsville fans be when they are heavy underdogs each home game?

Reply #559117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

were they heavy underdogs tonight? I wouldn't of thought so. but in the end it was another massive blowout just like ABT (Anon Blowout Troll) predicted

Reply #559118 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The class rose up at the end of that game. The big 3 were unstoppable.

Enjoying these Hawks. Davidson is a capable backup but if Ogilvy can avoid fouls they should play him 35 + mins a game.

Reply #559119 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Are there other sites with live stats? NBL site is just shit.

Reply #559120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WERE ARE TEH STACKTS

Reply #559125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO the crocs should have spent about $300k on the closest thing they could have got to a Ennis or Childress type player, someone who is a drawcard and would create some interest. Even if they had to lose a little depth and it didnt help them win anymore games it might put bums on seats and be fun to watch.

They have a lot of young talent, and good solid hard working players, but no draw cards, even as good as Conklin is, i wonder if they should have also spent his money on a more exciting import.

Lets say they had Jordan McRae and Al Harrington as there imports (or as close as they can get) instead of Conklin, Jett and Schenscher

I think a team of

Kay/young big ala Hodgson
Harrington/Young
Steindl/Henry
McRae/Djeric
Norton/Maynard

Would be alot more interesting imo, and probably of similar cost to what they are currently spending, assuming Conklin is on atleast $150-200k and Jett and Schenscher are on atleast $200-250k between them.

Obviously some huge defensive holes, etc but this team isnt built to win, they arent anyway, its just trying to make it a bit more exciting.

Having 2 guys that can score 20ppg is potentially more exciting, and at the moment, they dont really have even 1 legit scorer or go to man.

Even if they couldnt get top imports and are spending below the cap, spend the Conklin, Jett, Schenscher money on Blanchfiled (out bid Melbourne) and say Gary Ervin or another proven scoring guard who you could have got pretty reasonable price id imagine and they would be more exciting to watch

Reply #559138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Jett and Schenscher are on atleast $200-250k between them."

I would've thought they wouldn't be on more than say $120k between them. Jett is fat and didn't even play anywhere last season so doubt he would be on more than maybe $50k and Schenscher got a 3 year deal out of the Crocs even though he was done a few years ago so the trade off for that would be less p.a.

Reply #559144 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great games by Ogilvy and Lisch. Solid effort by Penney too. Thought the Hawks bench had an off night and Davidson wasn't looking too good.

When Lisch was off, it seemed like a bit of a struggle. Martin being out a bit longer will hurt.

I don't remember Ogilvy being this good in Sydney?

Terrible crowd in Townsville. Have the club managed to completely disconnect with fans?

Watching this season, you would never guess that Conklin was an MVP. And Jett had almost no impact. They did very well to make a game of it and if the Hawks hadn't learnt from the Perth game, they might've let it slip.

Reply #559155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Crocs can't afford 300k so the idea of a super star import would never fly. They are in the situation they are in with the players they have as money talks and they don't have much of it. They are what they are - budget.

Reply #559158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was thinking Schenscher would be on atleast $100k, i thought the 36ers offered him something this off season which would have been atleast $60k so i thought he left for more money, i could be wrong, the 36ers may have not offered him that.

Jett i was thinking $70-$130k, so yea not shocked if its on the low side

Even for $120k wouldnt that get you a Gary Ervin type??

To me that would be better than Jett and Schenscher if they combine for $120k, i like Schenscher but he is a back up these days and the Crocs need an exciting import and a scorer Ervin would give them that.

What is Conklin on?? could they have added that to Blanchfields salary and kept him?? and then got a cheap import even a Montreal type??

Kay/??
Montreal/Young
Steindl/Henry
Blanchfield/Djeric
Ervin/Maynard

could have been more exciting than what they have now and drawn a few more fans

The marquee import would be better but yea if they cant afford it i reckon this would be more exciting than the current team.

Reply #559160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops i meant

Kay/Young
Montreal/Henry
Blanchfield/Steindl
Norton/Djeric
Ervin/Maynard

Reply #559162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone assumes Blanchfield would stay if counter offered. I'm sure after last season's debacle he would of seen the writing on the wall. Let's face it most clued in on here know it's the final season so a player involved with the club everyday would know the ship is sinking. Additionally players don't purely want the highest offer but stability with X years on a contract and a chance of a ring.

Reply #559163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very true, but was the offer even made, i remember a couple of years back when Woolpert was coaching, they started horribly and then got Ervin and Neville, by the end of the season they almost made the playoffs and were looking like a good team, cant remember what crowds they had, but they were sort of looking like building something on court.

Then Woolpert is in the paper saying Ervin and Neville are his priorities, then shortly after he was replaced.

I wonder what happened?

I thought a core of

Neville
Import
Blanchfield
Norton
Ervin

was on the right track and Neville was actually playing decently,

Could have built around that and added most of the young guys off the bench and been a competitive team

Surely the franchise is in a better place.

I always wondered what happened to that, why they got rid of Woolpert and didnt re-sign Neville and Ervin who both played well,

Reply #559165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't that when the wheels started to fall off? I recall Gleeson coached for a few decent seasons then replaced by assistant Woolpert. However well credentialled the American was it didn't quite work. Although I do remember he was spending too much time cursing the refs.

Was it at around the same time the original owners walked away? That was the last push and Colbran perhaps saw the writing on the wall with the dwindling crowds and middle of the pack finishes and got out at the right time. There is only so much you can put into a club and he was there since state league in 1990.

Reply #559168 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Crocs are almost there, they really need to sort out their first quarters. This game could of easily gone the other way.

LOL@ the blow out troll for looking like an idiot again

Reply #559195 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on Train, they need to fix their starts and cut out those horrible brain fart moments. If they can replace Jett for someone in shape that would go a long way towards being a more consistent team too.

Such a shame Conklin has neglected his game and fitness over off-season. He came back last year in super condition and redefined his game to be a mobile PF who could play face-up and back to the basket. His mid-range and pull-up games were money.

I don't know if there were some injury issues that restricted him over the winter or whether he was just content to cash in on his MVP status but the Crocs can't afford to carry one below par import let alone two.

Reply #559218 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Lots went wrong in this game for the Croc's and injuries are killing them, yet somehow they came to within single figures several times, still not sure how.

Reply #559220 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Crocs give 100% each game, and that's the only reason why they've managed to scrape a few Ws and play some close ones.

Penney and Lisch had some big shots down the stretch, some of which were just great 'not-exactly-open' threes. If not for those, the Crocs may well have won this game.

Reply #559231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The crowds are that bad that there is no official listing on austadiums what so ever.
Crocs you have been great for so long, now just a shadow of themselves. Bye bye.

Reply #559245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis furious with slow start.
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/hawks-swoop-on-crocs-after-sluggish-start/story-fnjfzr2z-1227586129237

Reply #559250 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Not too sure but the exact financials but guessing Blanchfield and Conklin would be on similar money. Would've preferred Blanchfield over Conklin and gone budget with the big man import and had Blanchfield in for one of Djeric, Henry or Maynard

Reply #559308 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Do feel sorry for the coach and players right now as are playing hard and trying but lack talent and have no support.

Reply #559309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Blanchfield ever considered he might've thought it looks like it's going under so make the break now why his stock is hot could've had a serious injury or drop in form this season at Crocs and might not be able to command the money he got from Melb?

Reply #559311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#311 it was mentioned above but many seem to miss the point.

Reply #559312 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Okay, to be serious for one moment and give my opinion on the Croc's last night.

Schlenser was a bigger loss than some may have expected, I really thought he was the man to keep Ogilvy in check.

Young isn't the answer here, he tried but just didn't have the polish to finish his good work and then seems to take up space where Conklin needs to make and impact so the synergy between them breaks down the Croc's inside game.

Jett just seemed to be having a less than enthusiastic night, maybe the hawks played him well but he just couldn't find enough openings to make his mark, maybe that blocked up inside presence most of the night also impacted on his performance.

Steindl going down with an injury/cramp or whatever also didn't help and to be honest he can really be a difference maker to the Croc's offense when he gets it going, last night it ended early for him and they lost that impact just when they needed it.

So, one thing led to another and the poor old coach was always playing catch up, while the Hawks seemed to be one step ahead for the most part.

Croc's lost, but it wasn't without reason, not excuses, reasons...

Reply #559330 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The reason was they didn't turn up to play at tip-off, which is an unfortunate trait of the Crocs this season.

Reply #559345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks GWB^

Reply #559350 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I couldn't make it through this game. All it seemed to be was two teams throwing up three point shot after three point shot.

Reply #559356 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Dennis said Schenscher should be right for Sydney

Reply #559410 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

On a bright spot, I have been really impressed with Maynard. He reminds me of brad Davidson with the high energy never say die attitude, with a sweet jumper too.

I expect with Dennis talking about mixing up the starting line up to address their slow starts, we might see Maynard and Norton starting together over Jett.

Reply #559414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The people running the Crocodiles need some serious help. They have known for a long time that we have a fair few home games on a school night, yet you only ever hear about the Crocodiles on game day.
Why don't they give free entry for school kids on school nights or something.

Reply #559420 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Yeah after singling out Jett's effort after the United game and his performance last night, it can't be anything but Norton and Maynard surely.

In the pre-season Dennis was talking about playing through the bigs but unfortunately Schensch is the key to all that. Just needs to stay healthy

Reply #559421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate to say it but Jett has to go

Reply #559424 | Report this post

Fstos  
Years ago

Any news on the Steindl injury.

Reply #559440 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Yeah Steindl just keeps cramping up. Dennis just said they need to look at what they can do... get the magnesium into him. He has a history of cramping

Reply #559503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754