Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Cairns, Oct 31

It's Halloween and that means all the monsters are on the lose tonight.

Adelaide hosts Cairns, so if there are Adelaide fans wanting to see Cairns this season but don't want to travel to Queensland, then you better get down to the Arena. Seems Cairns were only in Adelaide a week or two ago, and they were.

Cairns with massive offensive woes at the moment can't seem to get past 80 points. I reckon if you want to win an NBL game, the offence needs to be able to score 85+ ppg. Cairns are not getting much out of their starting 5, but average 28 ppg off the bench, which is what you would expect from the bench.

Adelaide just seem to be hitting their straps at the moment and seem to have a nice balance in the team with a lot of players stepping up and working together.

For Cairns, Wortho is the danger man, and if he strolls onto court with a couple of bolts in his neck, Adelaide better watch out.

Sadly for Cairns fans, Adelaide will win this trick or treat.

Topic #38349 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans aren't much chop without Wilbekin so should be 36ers by 10+

Reply #560133 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Taipans to finally find their bite and cause an upset here.

Reply #560138 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

But it will be a minor recovery as their season continues to splutter along after tonight.

Reply #560139 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LV, Who will step up for the Snakes?

Reply #560143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How are people's NBL Live App going with watching the game?

Reply #560147 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Starks looking aggressive so far, this is the player we've been waiting for.

Now lets see what the 2nd unit can do.

Reply #560148 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

How many gimmy's has Burston missed? SMH

Reply #560149 | Report this post

tiko  
Years ago

two average teams

Reply #560150 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cairns' offense is clicking.

Reply #560152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could gliddon take Gibsons spot at rio?

Reply #560153 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Alex Loughton is one of the worst players i have ever seen in the NBL.

Reply #560154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey giving the players a spray but the main problem is his horrible defensive strategy of switching everything which is making cairns look like an offensive juggernaut

Reply #560158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz Walker looks good when he's allowed to use his athleticism in the open court. A special talent

Reply #560159 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Still waiting for ebe to do something, anything.

Reply #560160 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Walker's biggest problem has always been his inability to stay on the floor due to foul trouble. Has been a bit better this year.

Reply #560161 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Randle is such a fun player to watch. I hope he sticks around after this season

Reply #560165 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, definitely a fun player to watch. Probably takes too many contested jumpers, but makes up for it with everything else he does.

Reply #560166 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Dick move by Petrie there.

Reply #560171 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

He's got a lot of moves. Reminds me a bit of D-Mac

Reply #560172 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Wow, second quarter charge by Era on Burston, not called was just unbelievable, possibly will make top 10 worst calls of the season I reckon...

LMFAO

Reply #560173 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

So Petrie can just whack people without consequence? Right in front of a ref too.

Reply #560175 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Randle not delivering tonight, not yet anyway?

Reply #560176 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No surprises Joey was complaining to the ref. One of his players could kill a guy and he'd still be complaining that he didn't do anything wrong.

Reply #560177 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

I'd love for a League-wide crackdown on the talking to refs. Everyone is somehow an expert.

Reply #560178 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

LOL HOW ON EARTH WAS 2 shots to Randle? LOL..ONLY IN THE NBL

Reply #560180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL blowout league LOL

Reply #560182 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I knew I may have spoken too soon, Randle steps up!

Reply #560183 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This looks like it is going to be a close one, if the 6'ers get it going in the last 6:00 minutes, look out!

Reply #560184 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Fearne's accent is one of the great wonders of the world.

Reply #560185 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Starks v Randle, great to watch...

Reply #560187 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah, I think the NBA has gone too far re: tech fouls.

But the NBL does need to tighten it up. Joey jumping up and down, pointing at refs, constantly yelling should warrant a tech.

Reply #560188 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wow at both of those shots.

Reply #560189 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Just great drama, again in the NBL, enjoying this season no matter the issues people keep coming up with, it is watch worthy...

Reply #560190 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

And, yes, I have been one of those people, I am not hiding from that...

Reply #560191 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yikes, Peach....

Reply #560192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

these blowouts are really getting on my nerves

Reply #560193 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Cairns FT shooting has been rubbish...The ONLY reason the 36ers are still in it.

Reply #560194 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'm loving this season so far. So many epic matches.

Reply #560196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie couldn't get it in the dish

Reply #560197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All games are blowouts apparently Train haha

Reply #560198 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

56 seconds to go and Era pushes into Worthington, who flops badly, I thin if he stays on his feet it is a no call, great call to give it against the flopper on that occasion... IMHO

Great ending in this one, who can keep their nerve?

Reply #560199 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hell of a game from Starks. First time since the blitz that he's looked the goods.

Reply #560200 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Holy shit Randle, wow.

Reply #560201 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Hahaha yeah these 101-101 blowouts are rubbish

Reply #560202 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

If i was Adelaide, i would just Hack whoever has the ball, based on what we have seen in the NBL so far this season in similar circumstances, the refs wont call a foul.

Reply #560203 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Speechless. Wow !!!

Reply #560204 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Starks!!!!!!!!

Reply #560205 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

WOW.

Amazing game.

Reply #560206 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

.3 left...

Reply #560207 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Starks has been huge, what a massive last shot.

Reply #560208 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

BWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA 36ers

Reply #560209 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Starks was probably 50% or more of his way onto the chopping block before tonight. What a performance.

Reply #560210 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Scotty who ?

Reply #560211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does creek not manage a rebound in 18 minutes? Waste of talent

Reply #560212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this Ebi Ere business needs to come to an end.

Reply #560216 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Clutch Free Throws at the end not recognised obviously.

Reply #560235 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Adelaide were woeful tonight great finish but frustrating performance. Ebe is over the hill offers nothing. Imagine having a Torey Craig instead of the over the hill guy... thatd be danger! Really frustrated with that. But cairns wow they kept making the big shots.

Reply #560242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Cairns was allowed to keep making shots because of Adelaide's poor defence all night. So frustrating to watch that. Cairns was always going to come out hard and the Sixers allowed them to dictate for much of the night.
Can't see either team as they are playing finals. Adelaide if they upgrade on Ere maybe, but I'm not sold on Cairns. Good on Starks though, but one game out of seven isn't going to cut it longer term, has to back that up consistently for Cns to be a real threat.
Still Melb, Perth, Hawks and NZ as teams to beat for mine.

Reply #560246 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"Starks was probably 50% or more of his way onto the chopping block before tonight. What a performance."

Cairns just don't cut players. You've got to be caught with your nose in something for that to happen.

I bet Starks won't get half that next game though :-/

Reply #560248 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Oh no doubt the 4-4 free throws were huge from Ebe, but overall 10 points is not enough from a guy in his role. Was non existent for large portions of the game. And as bad as Adelaide were in spurts, the chances were there for someone to take that one by the scruff of the neck. But troll away Camby...

Starks tustve been relieved about the Wilbekin situation haha

Reply #560255 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Four free throws down the stretch doesn't mean much when you've given up that many points at the other end because you can't move laterally.
Interesting to see Joey bake Gibbo during a time out. Warranted too, he was far too passive again early. Cairns was always going to come out hard and the Sixers allowed them to dictate terms on their home court. Allowed a team averaging under 80 to score over 100 through poor defensive effort.

Reply #560259 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

A lot of layups early and often given up. Really disappointing performance, surprised they were able to get as close as they did. The trap worked for about 1:30minutes at the end and it nearly got them over the line!

Reply #560260 | Report this post

JRich  
Years ago

Ebi has seen better days. Offering absolutely nothing.

Reply #560261 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Apparently he is a great locker room presence... cop out of a reason to keep a guy producing so little around. Cut him, bring in some extra talent and try and make a run at the 4. Adelaide although fun to watch, wont make the 4 as is imo.

Reply #560264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi got to the line from mistakes from the refs on the calls, sorry to say the block by worthington was a definite charge, and Ebi got free on the inbounds pass by grabbing and throwing his original defender away from the ring, that said he did hit his throws while most other players missed all through the game, and its not his responsibility to correct the officials mistakes..

In my opinion the best two players for the 36ers in the last 5 minutes were Bruce and Tregarth. if they had not been subbed off with a minute to go I thought Cairns were done.

Reply #560285 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I give Ebe credit, he was good for 4 minutes, as he usually is.
But he was god awful for the other 20. Not as bad as Walker was, but pretty close.

We didn't really deserve to win tonight. We had a good last 6 mins, to make it real interesting, but Cairns were easily the better team.

Reply #560286 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Dumbass awards go to

Sobey fouling with 4 seconds left of the 3rd with Bruce having the ball near half court giving him 2 foul shots.

Walker for being Walker.

Ere for the foul shot violation when he is guarding the shooter.

Petrie for two absolutely embarrassing attempts at layups.

The umpires for absolutely shocking calls all night for both teams. Special mention for Vaughan Mayberry for doing his best to become the worst umpire in the league and will be gifted the grand final games for his efforts.

Honourable mention goes to Gibson for still thinking he can guard centers/power forwards inside. No you can't! Every time it is a huge mismatch! Gibson should go back to the basics of trying to guard Gliddon from walking into the key catching it and scoring.

I don't know Wrights deal with Walker but it's time to glue him to the bench until he earns his minutes. We need to develop Hodgson quickly so he can have more court time! He looked like he deserved more time tonight and would have finished the layups Petrie missed. We can't get Teys back quick enough. Someone who plays smart basketball.

Would have liked to seen Johnson pressure Burston with the ball on that last play. Great game by Starks. Cairns deserved to win the game. Hopefully it will be a wake up call for the Sixers

Looks like Worthington want's to end his career with no class at all with his dirty plays.

Reply #560296 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Yeah really didn't like that unsportsmanlike Wortho gave up on Randle. Too much of a cheap shot.
Pretty decent recap KingJames

Reply #560301 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Ebi got awarded two of those free throws because he caught the ball all alone right under the hoop, but took so long to gather himself to go up for the layup his defender recovered and fouled him.

That sums up his problem - he is too slow for this level of competition. We need more from an import than 10 pts on 31% shooting, which is his season's average. Tonight he was actually below average.

Reply #560302 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

How about that time he decided to dribble and charged right into Wortho... how they called that a block I dont know. But wow it was like watching a car crash in slow motion. 2 old veterans... problem is unlike Wortho who is a ok to have as a bench guy, Ebe is a god damn IMPORT! Too valuable a spot to be wasting on him, friend of Joeys or not, this is a business.

Reply #560306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Clutch Free Throws at the end not recognised obviously."

28% from the field, 33% on 3pt

Reply #560312 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Scottie?

Scottie Who?

Reply #560313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie is a thug. Let's hope the video replay comes into play on most of his involvements.

Reply #560315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie's just about done. You could see the signs last season and this season he's gone further backwards. He needs to gather himself and get his feet underneath him anytime he's under the basket which either allows the defence to get to him or he blows the bunny.

I've lost count of the amount of layups and simple putbacks he's missed this season and last he's just got nothing in his legs.

Reply #560320 | Report this post

Iggle Piggle  
Years ago

Loughton one of the worst players you have ever seen? Get off the drugs he is a great player, can do it all.

Reply #560321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi needs to go, plain and simple. You can argue he hit clutch free throws all you like but go back and watch the game and closely watch how many points he leaks through not being able to stay in front of his man and lack of effort and awareness on boxing out giving his man a nice run up at the rebound.

When Randle is your second highest rebounder you know you have issues.

Reply #560323 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I originally thought Weigh's put back was Ere's fault but if you watch the replay he had to make the right decision to box out Trigger instead. So it was Randles fault for not boxing out Weigh.

Reply #560327 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

I may be a little harsh as it was a quick play but Petrie needs to dunk that at that stage.

Reply #560328 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Doug I haven't seen the replay but at the time, I thought he surely mustve been in 2 minds what to dunk or layup and in the end was one of the worst butchered jobs I've seen. Was like he was expecting contact and was too open... was a hell of a play by Randle.

Reply #560329 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

And yeah totally agree, you dunk that or miss trying!

Reply #560330 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Mantis

"Ebi got awarded two of those free throws because he caught the ball all alone right under the hoop, but took so long to gather himself to go up for the layup his defender recovered and fouled him."

Ummm....that move is called a fake, its a veteran move he executed to near perfection. If not for the opposition basically riding his shoulders he likely would have absorbed the contact and got the and one.

Regardless, I think the focus is unfairly on Ere. What about Petrie's layup? Sobey's foul in the penalty?

What about Walker and Creek? Ere had almost the same minutes as the two and scored more, stole the ball more, committed less fouls and got the same amount of rebounds to them COMBINED.

And Ere is MORE THAN TEN YEARS older then Creek.

I'd rather not focus on individuals, it can get quite personal and counter-productive.

The Elephant in the room is the team defence. You cannot allow 104 points in a 40 min game and expect to win more than you lose. Top down, everyone is accountable for defence, so that needs to be addressed foremost.

The Sixers just weren't hungry enough. I feel bad for Gibbo getting roasted by Wright on National TV, but it was warranted.

Reply #560335 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Never a finger pointed in Joeys direction.

Woeful D tonight, really wasted Randles hot hand ...too many 2nd and 3rd chance boards.

Agree that it's time for Adelaide to dip a toe back in and jump on another import.

Reply #560340 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

BOOM!

Reply #560345 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Loughton is serviceable podge, not great. He never reached his potential imo. And I wouldn't say he's having a great year.

Reply #560348 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Rarely agree with Marcus Camby but his post a good review of game and his points on others that needed finger pointing others than Ere with very revelent stuff ups ,poor games etc In Creek ( where has his offence gone ) Walker (can be exciting but hope doesn't cost too much) Petrie ( love way plays but are we getting to a end in sight of great career ) Sobey ( Close to if not most foul ever )

But that doesn't stop the fact how poor Ere is and was again as absolutely not even a resemblance of defence and just plods around in offence and as nobody really worries about him, so gets opportunities which usually stuffs up.
If we are serious about getting into finals then we have to replace ASAP
But the relegation to me was that Joey is not the coach we think he is as all our points were gained by individual efforts and not by set plays or court movement which Cairns was especially in first half as they got so many easy baskets .
Joey had no answers for or a actual defence structure to break their game down.

Reply #560349 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Should have mentioned great wrap up of everything by King James post.

Reply #560350 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I agree the complementary pieces like Walker and Creek were poor, Petrie's layup miss made me want to throw up, and I've already spoken abt the poor D, but the fact remains this team needs its second import to be more than a complementary player - and as you say Marcus, he's 10 years older (and unfit!) I was one prepared to give him time but it's clearly not working.
And I didn't feel the least bit bad about Gibbo getting a serve on national tv. I felt bad that Gibbo once again went into his shell after 2 reasonable games (both wins coincidentally).

Reply #560351 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

There's nothing coincidental about us winning when Gibbo plays well.

Reply #560353 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Problem with the 36ers team that i see is accountability. And it stems from Joey Wright.

Seems like he always wants to blame external factors e.g. the refs, scorebench personnel, other teams' players.

Petries' slap on Craig only served to fire Craig up and from memory he canned a three and two layups after that. Craig should always play angry!

I don't know why people are harring on about Ere and his offensive problems. 36ers gave up 104 points. His major issues are defensive-orientated.

Thats a big problem - mobility from a defensive standpoint. Petrie, Ere, Johnson.

Reply #560360 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

MACDUB don't know if it's an accountability thing but on the subject Joey's behaviour towards the refs is terrible in my opinion.

Reply #560364 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

MACDUB I agree with you in regards to Joey, he is great at deferring. His behaviour towards the refs is laughable at times a real baby in suit jumping on the spot. The reason people are getting on Ere for his offense, is because that's what the 6ers said he was here for... his Defence is non existent, and he missed some key assignments last night.

Reply #560365 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Brett

If you believe defence is a problem, then just getting rid of Ebi is not going to fix it.

The Coach needs to instill into his team Defence is the primary objective, and with the fast paced players we have , can run it down the opposition's throats on the transition.

There needs to be a top down change in attitude regarding D.

Gibbo is our best defender, he must set by example, then folks like Creek, Walker, Hodgson will follow suit.

The Ere situation should be remain at the review and assess stage. Just look at the Starks scenario, the team rules out Wilbekin, publicly states the can win it with Markel, Markel begins to excel.

Reply #560371 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well put, MC.

Reply #560374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem with Marcus's thesis is he is using 1 game to compare Ebi against others. I'm comparing the whole season thus far and the fact that he is an import and the others are locals.

I knew Peach would miss that lay up....he always misses those, even when we are up 20.

I've been saying for a while now that Gibbo is overrated (not on talent but actual performance) and I knew he would go back to his passive ways once Randle settled in.

Randle defensively is an issue but he more than makes up for it on the offensive end, it's up to the team to play as a cohesive unit defensively and be more aware. Having said that, Randle was our 2nd leading rebounder.

Joey's not a great tactician, never has been! You look at that play he ran with 1 second left last game at home against Cairns and you just have to shake your head. His whole game plan has and will always be, get the defensive boards, run & gun and outscore your opponents. It's a style that works and he has continued success with it.

All I can say is thank Christ for DJ - always solid and has been playing both ends better than anyone this season!

Reply #560375 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Review and assess stage... 10ppg at 30% odd. reviewed assessed, retrenched!

Reply #560376 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

There's no reason for a team like Adelaide not to be hungry, aggressive defenders. They thrive on running off their stops, and at some point you'd think that would click with them and they'd realise that scoring in transition is fun & rewarding, and therefore doing the part that makes that scoring possible is a crucial element of the fun actually occurring.

They're a frustrating team in that regard because their best & worst are so far apart.

Reply #560377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus, getting rid of Ebi may not fix the whole problem but if you get the right player in (like they should have in the first place) then it will certainly help!

Slot Torrey Craig as an example into our line up instead of Ebi and it would make a difference - you cant deny that!

Reply #560378 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anon Craig is the exact example I used last night as a replacement type that would make immediate positive difference. So true.

Reply #560380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe24...Craig wouldn't even cost as much as Ere either - that's what makes it even more frustrating!

Reply #560381 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I know.. I know!

Reply #560382 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

@MC: A fake is used when you are being guarded. Ebi wasn't being guarded, he was ALL ALONE. Nice try, but you're wrong as usual.

Reply #560391 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He is just trolling, its hard but best not to bite.

Reply #560399 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

The positive for the Sixers was that Randle looks nearly unstoppable as a closer - especially if his three point shot is falling, which it wasn't really last night.

The negative is that after all these years with a stable core, we STILL can't play good team defence!

Can someone please explain to me why Joey insists on having his players switch on defence at the first hint of a pick? Players give up so easily on staying with their man and the resulting mismatches kill us every game.

Reply #560400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, I really rate Wright, but our switching defence always frustrates the hell out of me. In the 4th quarter Adelaide just couldn't defend the pick a roll. And it might be a bit harsh because he is a center, but Johnson had to know that there was only a second or two left when he switched onto Starks on the last possession. Needed to be up closer especially since Starks was hot. But like I said, probably nitpicking a bit since it was still a tough shot.

Other than that, people are probably overreacting to one game where Adelaide looked flat all night long a tad (although I do agree re-Ere). Even though it was tough to be on the losing end, how good was it to have a player like Randle put the team on his back late?!

Reply #560417 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, while I was disappointed in our defence and to lose to Cairns, Randle's skills as a closer left me feeling quite optimistic overall.

Given the way Joey seems to get his teams humming along as the season wears on, I feel like there is a good chance this team will still challenge for a playoff spot.

I agree about DJ on the last shot too. It was more a good shot than bad defence, but in that situation it would have been a smart move to close on him more tightly and force him to make a runner instead.

Reply #560427 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Mantis.

Ere was free of his man but he had the veteran awareness to know he could be blocked by the bigger defender, hence the head fake.

I'd encourage you to watch the tape again.

To those using Torrey Craig as an example of a replacement, watch his games before this one. He has had a subpar season so far.

Ebi is one issue, I never denied it was an issue. However there are bigger issues that need addressing than how many birthdays he's had.

I'd rather not focus on individuals but if you guys insist then I'd suggest there are others in the team who should be questioning themselves not just Ebi.

I wish we could do the Torrey Craig for Ebi experiment.....then I could show you just how little impact it would have on the poor team defence.

Reply #560434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People forget Teys is out also. Not making any excuse by the way. But he would have been handy last night with Creek, Walker, Sobey and Ere to a lesser extant giving us very little.

Reply #560442 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I don't need to watch the tape, I was there and I saw how free he was. There was no defender to fake. Stop making stuff up.

Reply #560448 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't know why people see Craig play a couple of good games and think he would be a good import to have.

Last season he had 8.9 PPG (11 games where he scored 3 or less. 8 games where scored 2 or less. 3 games he didn't score). Imagine what people would be saying if that was one of our imports!

This season the first 4 games he averaged 6ppg. Only now he plays a couple of good games and then people want to sign him up....

Reply #560462 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

King James he is just a general example i for one was using. Not him exactly but a player such as him which there are plenty of looking for work and exposure would be better than what he have been subject too.

Reply #560463 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Mantis.

If you were there, what were you watching other than the game in the middle of the premises?

If you are going to spend money to attend the game, watch the game.

If there are no defenders, how did a Cairns player end up on Ebi's shoulders? Did he fall out of the sky in a Cairns uniform?

Reply #560508 | Report this post

Basket Hanger  
Years ago

Pretty good wrap up of the game King James.
Gibson- not aggressive enough and went back into his shell. Becoming overrated.
Too much switching on screens, being mismatched, and not recovering to defensive assignments quick enough.

Reply #560512 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Torrey Craig is a perfect example of how bad our defence is. Against most other teams he is average to bad, but against us, he has gone off on more than one occasion!

Reply #560516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King James...Craig isn't ideal and I think he is underutilised on Cairns hence his up and down nature in form. However, even at similar stats to Ere he still has the odd game where he goes off and he always looks dangerous. The only time Ebi looks dangerous is pre game during the buffet in the Scouts Deck.

Reply #560518 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Beantown.

The play that stands out to me was Craig dribbling to the top of the key and the keyway just opened up for him like the Red Sea.

Its these defensive breakdowns that must be eliminated if the team is to be a key player post season.

Reply #560525 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I don't need to watch the tape, I was there and I saw how free he was. There was no defender to fake. Stop making stuff up."

Gold! He had the most athletic guy in the league elevating to block his shot!

Reply #560527 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Correct. Ebi slipped Craig down the lane and ended up quite underneath the basket.

With Ebi's veteran experience, he would have known that a) Craig was not far behind and most importantly b) he was exposed to being blocked from behind having to go straight up.

Here you go Mantis...There's your Ebi is alone and undefended theory.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/14sgq6w.jpg[/IMG]

Hope the screenshot works.

Reply #560544 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There you go.

Reply #560545 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

(Right click and select 'View Image' to see it full size.)

Reply #560546 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Kobe, how do you embed it in the post?

Reply #560547 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I saw the video, and I see the photo. Yes, there was a defender to fake. But whether or not the move was wise or not shouldn't justify, or otherwise, the keeping of Ebi Ere.

He made a few plays at the end, but spends 20 of his 23 mpg sucking ass.

Reply #560548 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kobe, how do you embed it in the post?
HTML. (img src='urlofimage.jpg' width='420')

Put in the URL, replace the parentheses with angle brackets. Don't remove the quotes. Make sure you remember the 'width' property, or it'll absolutely ruin the display of the page.

Reply #560549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many easy back door gifts to the basket. Peach did not keep the back door closed. Happened last season too. This needs to be worked on. Same at Premier league in the off season. Had Carlin or Hodgson been on, that door would have been shut and the result in Adelaides favour. Simple. All the other complexities are just basketball give and take but those backdoor giftings are inexcusable. Sort it out or we will travel along the same as last years early season and coaches from other teams will quietly run their plays to expose it when Peach is on and take the easy baskets.

Reply #560551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many easy back door gifts to the basket. Peach did not keep the back door closed. Happened last season too. This needs to be worked on. Same at Premier league in the off season. Had Carlin or Hodgson been on, that door would have been shut and the result in Adelaides favour. Simple. All the other complexities are just basketball give and take but those backdoor giftings are inexcusable. Sort it out or we will travel along the same as last years early season and coaches from other teams will quietly run their plays to expose it when Peach is on and take the easy baskets.

Reply #560552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

somehow fearne managed to rotate our defence on the switch and whenever gibbo or randle was under the basket they ended up on loughton burston or tradg and up they went. clever fearne !!

Reply #560554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #560554...that's Mcleod, not Fearne!

Reply #560574 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I don't know what KJ is on but Craig can't produce waiting for his go behind Weigh?
Fearne groupie obviously?

Reply #560856 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754