TD
Years ago

Post game: Cats and Hawks

Apparently according to Bevo's wife the wildcats should let the Hawks shoot open 3s to let them win, she's also up to her usual antics of trolling the wildcats Facebook page. Bevo also jumps on the Perth page for a troll or 2.
Is it just me or is it unprofessional for an NBL coach to jump on social media straight after a game and argue with opposition supporters? Bad sportsmanship after a loss in my opinion. As a cats supporter I was a big fan of bevo until the NBL blitz where I saw bevo arguing on the PWC Facebook, when all a fan stated was 'wildcats are looking good!'.....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=894005100675230&id=151106421631772&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.894005100675230%3Atl_objid.894005100675230

Topic #38351 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

Its just banter mate, you're not Australian if you dont like a bit of banter! Its great for the game!

Reply #560352 | Report this post

TD  
Years ago

Thanks for that, I have always questioned my heritage!

Reply #560354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well that was really worthy of a separate thread

Reply #560356 | Report this post

TD  
Years ago

It got a comment from you...

Reply #560361 | Report this post

sagemania  
Years ago

Bevo regulary comes on facebook and is actually a really good down to earth guy. He also praised Gleeson last season on facebook when cats fans were bagging him when the team was depleted with injuries.

Reply #560384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't see any bevo comments on that link?

Reply #560430 | Report this post

Wildcats views  
Years ago

I had to reply to Bevo's wife

Reply #560446 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Jawai put an Instagram video of a hit he put on Penney basically saying he flopped. Dan Ewing chipped in with the comment 'Flophage Academy Grad'.

Why does Jawai consistently try to play victim from the refs interpretation. Your a 145kg ball of mass who throws his weight around..of course your going to get whistled for contact.

Bit rich of Jawai too considering floppers like Redhage and Wagstaff are in his damn team.

Reply #560501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont condone him posting a clip of any calls that he didn't like but he has been given some harsh calls purely because of his size, and a few of those have been flops by the defenders.

I'd say he isn't speaking about flopping being a blight on the game, as some hypocrites would have you believe. It'd be because he has had some crap calls go against him, and his size advantage is being negated by some shit calls and flopping.

Reply #560505 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Jawai needs to grow up.

Reply #560510 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bad idea, Nate. You're not doing yourself any favours with that type of act IMO.

Reply #560524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't read or seen any of this jive nor will I but I think it's great when a player or coach interacts with the public on social media. Sure the odd one might over step the mark of good taste but it's better than the freezing the fans out.

Reply #560528 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I have no idea what Jawai's instagram is, so I haven't seen the upload, but if it's the play I'm thinking of Penney didn't even flop, he just slipped after being knocked off balance.

Unsurprising, given the dry ice they covered the court in just minutes before tipoff.

Reply #560529 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

The text and have team store purchases delivered to your seat thing they were doing was pretty nifty.

Reply #560567 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Jawai- what a D*ckhead.

Penney slipped on that play and it's as clear as mud.

Jawai should focus more on eating less fast food, and less on inventing conspiracies - especially when he's trashing a classy superstar, far more talented than he.

Reply #560568 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

As clear as day I mean.

Haha.

Check out Jawai's instagram- if he wants NBL fans to start hating him, he's going about things the right way.

Reply #560569 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Unlike a classy superposter like LV, loved by all NBL fans.

Mountain out of molehill territory at the moment.

Reply #560571 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm not making any mountains out of any molehills. I’m saying Jawai is being a complete d*ckhead because he was implying that Penney was acting, when Blind Freddy could see that Penney slipped.

I’m all for social media engagement with fans, but, seriously, this makes Jawai come across as a douche and a whinger. Especially when his team just won by 30 points too.

Reply #560573 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

(But knowing Nick Marvin, he'll get Jawai in for some PR/Social media coaching ASAP and we won’t see this happen again. Jawai’s complaining will be restricted to the spontaneous, on court variety)

Reply #560575 | Report this post

Settle down LV. He will be reprimanded and I'd be surprised if it hasn't been removed already. What he did is far less of a concern than the constant sub-tweeting bitchiness by nobodies like Tomlinson and Demos.

Reply #560577 | Report this post

Looking at the footage, Penney did slip but not before throwing himself around like he'd just been pole-axed.

Reply #560580 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He ran into Jawai, so him being knocked off balance seems pretty reasonable.

Reply #560608 | Report this post

DeAndre Goorjian  
Years ago

Casey Prather be ballin..

That outside shot coming together quite well..

Reply #560615 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

As long as Prather can hit outside shots the Cats will be there or thereabouts come playoff time.

Reply #560617 | Report this post

They will be there whether he gets his outside shot going or not.

Reply #560618 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

It was a very encouraging performance seeing the full team out there. We definitely had fewer 'clueless' moments on our offensive sets with at least one of Damo or Jawai going.

I think as Jawai continues his fitness improvements that if he's having a good day, then everything else get's unlocked.

Reply #560621 | Report this post

DeAndre Goorjian  
Years ago

Inbounding always seem to worry me..

Reply #560622 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Oh, right. That. *shudder*

Yeah, in-bounding was a problem.

Reply #560625 | Report this post

DeAndre Goorjian  
Years ago

Never been so happy / excited watching basketball games from a mini ipad..

Reply #560628 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I'm all for social media engagement with fans, but, seriously, this makes "LV" come across as a douche and a whinger.

Reply #560674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, it is this that makes him look like a douche. Not 90% of what he posts

Reply #560681 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:57 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754