Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Kings v United, November 1

As much as this hurts me as a kings fan, I don't see the Kings having any chance of even making this game close.
They'll need Thornton to step up both offensively and defensively. Also will be interesting to see how Harrington plays this game.

United, just need to be United, and continue to fire away.

If Sydney are going to have a chance they really need to defend the 3 point line, which in recent times, they haven't done that to well.

My tip united by 13+

Topic #38352 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

If Sydney want to win this game you have to try get majok to foul up quick leaves united with not many chances to get rebounds which nearly lost us the game on thursday apart from that you are stuffed! MU by 15

Reply #560357 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I think there are a couple of good interesting match ups this game.

Khazzouh v Majok (I think Khazzouh will win that, but I wouldn't be surprised Majok dominates the boards)

Thornton v Goulding

Harrington v Blanchfield ( Just to see how Harrington plays against a quality SF)

Reply #560358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quality SF in the NBL is an average one in the NBA. Al with be fine

Reply #560359 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Quality SF in the NBL doesn't even get a gig in the NBA. Al with be fine

FTFY

Reply #560362 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

My initial gut feeling about this one is along similar lines to Dominos-Rex. Could be unpleasant for the Kings.

Thread title made me assume it was in Sydney, but it's actually yet another United home game, so that won't help the Kings' chances either. Hope they find a way to make it a contest. My blowout appetite is satisfied after last night but I've definitely got room left for a nail-biter.

Reply #560363 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im thinking a United blow out, yes an actual blowout, BUT whenever that seems like the logical outcome, sports messes that up. So perhaps the Kings play above themselves and Harrington gets going, or Cadee knocks down some 3s... and Julian does what he always does and its tight. Just think logically United have to many weapons. Unless they are too cocky and comfortable at the top not sure how they lose.

Reply #560366 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

United $1.18, Kings $4.90.

United by 11+ is paying less ($2.10) than by 1-10 ($2.50) so the money agrees with you.

Reply #560367 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

But betting doesn't seem to agree with me haha so def take the 1-10 as id be all over 11+ ;)

Reply #560368 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This is a "danger game" for United for a couple of reasons. I think United will win but I give Sydney a better chance than the bookies.

Reply #560369 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I also give the Kings a slightly better chance than the bookies.
I think the bookies wouldn't be able to defend the perimeter as effectively as the Kings, and would struggle to maintain the pace in the second half.

Reply #560372 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings have nothing to lose really. No one expects a Kings win, so just go out there and hope your shots are dropping and that Melbourne's aren't.

Reply #560373 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

This is the sort of game that Sydney wins. Think Melbourne will though. Sydney just need to throw the ball into Khazzouh and try and get Majok/Kickert in foul trouble and hope that Melbourne miss. Should come in fearless.

Reply #560379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to watch this live on FOX

Reply #560383 | Report this post

amber  
Years ago

does anyone know why Melbourne would not be the favourites in the Sydney kings game on November 5th? is there any aussie boomer commitments for united players? or any other reason the odds would have Sydney kings favourites to win next week?

any ideas

Reply #560385 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Nothing I know of. Get yourself a piece of that before the market finds it & corrects it.

Reply #560386 | Report this post

amber  
Years ago

att all Melbourne united today are paying $1.19 to Sydney kings $5.10 and on Thursday they have Sydney kings $1.16 Melbourne 5.5.10 any one knoe weather or not it is a glitch or what the go is .. check it out palmer bet iinet nbl games

Reply #560388 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Where do we find this?

Reply #560389 | Report this post

amber  
Years ago

palmerbet.com.au

Reply #560390 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Looks like an error.

Reply #560392 | Report this post

amber  
Years ago

will they honour the bet

Reply #560393 | Report this post

amber  
Years ago

will the bet stand if I lay it

Reply #560394 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Can't see why not. The odds have already drifted to $4.40.

Give it an hour and Melbourne will be favourites.

Reply #560395 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I rate the Kings right now, if they can come out and hit United hard, not give them an early lead, I think this could be another clinker...

Reply #560396 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Their motto is "Take us on" after all.
Take them on! ;)
Still showing $4.70 for me for United.

Reply #560397 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I agree that the Kings are the type of team that could win this. They, like Adelaide, are a team I don't trust to bet for/against because they'll surprise you when written off, and disappoint you just when you start thinking they're favourites.

Hopefully they're in Good Kings mode today since this one is on GO!

Reply #560398 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Goulding with a little white chocolate flavour there

Reply #560401 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

So that was a foul on Majok BUT the one the other night in Beal wasn't?

BWAWAWAWAWA

Reply #560402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steph Goulding

Reply #560403 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

United are shooting the lights out.

Reply #560404 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

13 point margin is flattering to Sydney

Reply #560405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when does Kazzouh hit 3s?

Reply #560408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garlepp take a bow

Reply #560409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holt is a chucker

Reply #560410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FUCKING SHUTUP HOMOCIDE YOU ARE ANNOYING AS SHIT

Reply #560411 | Report this post

Hansi  
Years ago

They were better under Heal then what they are now.

Reply #560412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does Khazzouh hit 3's. Shows you how much people don't know about the game they supposedly support.

Reply #560413 | Report this post

Hansi  
Years ago

Kings maybe worst then the crocs

Reply #560414 | Report this post

Ruszo  
Years ago

How many millions is Harrington worth? I missed it the 12 times that Homoside mentioned it!

Reply #560415 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Kings D has been horrible at times.

Harrington looks out of shape.

Reply #560416 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

If i had a dollar for everytime Kickert travelled, my bank account would look like Al Harrington's.

Reply #560418 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

The United are way way way too permitter orientated...Rely so heavily on the 3 ball...

When the 3 ball doesn't fall, I wonder what they have as plan B

Reply #560419 | Report this post

Hansi  
Years ago

Williams job is supposed to be talking about tactics and what kind of defensive and offensive sets both teams re playing not ranting and raving like a moron!

Perth last night and United today showed why they are the best of the bunch.

Reply #560420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide is an embarrassment.

Reply #560421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As is the Sydney D. Cotter will lose his job before the season is out.

Reply #560422 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Harrington looks so over weight.

Reply #560423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

90 million??? x 35

/Homocide

Reply #560424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am i the only one who actually likes homocide?, yeh hes comments can be annoying but he brings flare to the commentary and is a hell of alot better than most of the others commentating

Reply #560426 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I want to like him. Does that count?
He's got some idiosyncrasies that are making it hard work though.

Reply #560428 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Stuck working for this game, is it worth watching?

Reply #560431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope.

Reply #560433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings got khazzouh and Harrington. Anyone with a brain would make sure they get the ball down low.

Anyone but cotter who allows Thornton to dribble dribble more dribble and then shoot. Terrible offence and even worse defence. Thornton is a terrible player and bad for team morale with so many shots.

Reply #560439 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Hard to see Cotter lasting the season at this rate. Kings aren't playing with any passion.

Khazzouh had a shocker today and will bounce back. Harrington will get in game shape and they will remain competitive. But they should be getting much more from this roster.

Whats up with Markovic?

Reply #560441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if cotter stopped yelling travel every possession and focused on how to stop the United shooters they'd have a better chance?

Reply #560450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tim hudson is the issue

Reply #560453 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Who could replace Cotter though?

Reply #560454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Knight was the one talking to all the players when they were on the bench and through the breaks and timeouts so...

Reply #560458 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Fast starts and high clips from the arc isn't always going to happen, I think we will see something very different in Sydney.

Goulding aka Orlando Bloom is something when he is hot, isn't he...?

Reply #560461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings have 10 games remaining before xmas. I cant see them winning more than 2. That will leave them with a 4-13 record and zero chances of making the finals.

Management and tim hudson need to take 100% blame by not allowing cotter to pick his team. It look as though he has lost the passion for coaching and its rubbing off on his players. This is a disaster for the kings fans and sponsors. They deserve more!!

Reply #560469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't agree that Harrington is overweight. Yes, he has a big bottom but that is something a lot of good inside players have. He put to rest any talks that he's out of shape when he skied for that alley-oop jam in the 4th.

Reply #560471 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Corey Williams is the worse commentator, I ended up muting the TV so I didn't have to listen to his pointless ranting and dribbling. He offers nothing. What an embarrassment to the NBL having him represent the game.

Reply #560473 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I kind of dont mind Homicide, he is an idiot, but he is so out of contact with reality I found myself wondering what the hell was coming next. Better than a Brad Rosen type i figure.

Harrington is just a very large man, dont think he is so much overweight as he is just his body type. His next game after he has properly got into the groove will be the key. Surely the Kings will be able to find away to utilise both him and Khazzouh. Hard to gauge them too much against a team as explosive and hungry as United. Those boys are sharing the ball, thats the scary part.

Reply #560476 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Sydney have an ordinary team. Changing the coach isn't going to make them playoff contenders.

Reply #560484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings should have got lisch. Scores and he passes. Great guy too. Major mistake there.

Reply #560488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't argue that Harrington is in shape

Reply #560496 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah the "travel" calls were audible in the stadium from my seats on the opposite side of the court, 15+ rows back. Cotter needs to Shut the hell up and focus on teaching his players what to do in order to win ballgames.

A healthy Markovic would've helped that team today, but based on his numbers he's done nothing all season.

Reply #560511 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah good point anon. Lisch was available before they signed Thornton.

Reply #560514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a boxscore for United's last game against Perth?

Reply #560517 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I enjoy Homocide in commentary, it's different but I like the mix with Dwayne Russell. Dont think it would work with any of the other play-by-play guys who rely on the special comments guys a bit more though.

And thanks to the people who said Harrington isn't overweight, best laugh I've had in a long long time!

Reply #560526 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I also give the Kings a slightly better chance than the bookies.
I think the bookies wouldn't be able to defend the perimeter as effectively as the Kings, and would struggle to maintain the pace in the second half."

Luuuc wins!

Reply #560531 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I don't think I'd mind Homicide coming in for a quarter or two as the third guy, but as the sole colour guy for the entire game...no. Just no.

Particularly if he's replacing Greer, who's one of the better colour guys they have.

Also not sure about how much they're using Dwayne Russell. He's not even the best Russell in the commentary group, for mine.

Reply #560532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think homicide has a good feel for the game even though he struggled to articulate it well. He also seems genuinely enthusiastic and positive about the league and its players.

I liked it when he said United need to run one of their sets here and get the ball thru multiple sets of hands when you could feel they were getting sloppy. That's the old PG in homicide.

Reply #560533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm worried about the amount they're using Russell as well but because i am worried about him getting worn out. He must be on a plane every day. He's the best commentator they have but i think two games per week is enough when you have other capable guys. Has huddo been given the axe?

Reply #560535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's Billy Woods or Quarterbrain?

Reply #560539 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Haha Luuuuc for the win.

Kings were indeed insipid. Disappointingly so. Not to take anything away from how well United played but.... Yeah.

Reply #560564 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754