Ricky
Years ago

Message from the NBL GM

http://www.nbl.com.au/uncategorised/message-from-the-gm/

I may sound like a broken record that's been played the past month or so, but really loving the initiative the new guys are putting in and the constant communications.

The additions of the Blitz program and the Top 10 plays of the round during the season show us they are willing to make changes on the fly and not wait for the next season.

Topic #38368 | Report this topic

When do you think they'll make changes to the way they manage the website? Seeing warm and fuzzy messages on top of a sub-standard stats page doesn't do it for me.

Reply #560804 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Yes, still to come that one.. over-did the webpage.

Stats hard to navigate when clicking the "leaderboard", also assists on main page should be averages.Hopefully they'll work on making that better soon.

I like my stats so would love them to improve the way we can view individual stats and full leaderboards or at least top 20 for Pts / Rebounds / Assists.

Also, the live stats also throws me off still when I think the EFF is PTS. Perhaps the EFF should be before PTS.

Reply #560805 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Just on that, the stats central page details are too long, by the time you scroll to the right to get the PPG, you can't tell who the line belongs to.

Reply #560806 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I spent about half an hour trying to find the Hardball podcast last night. Eventually got there via a Google search leading me to the NBL's AudioBoom page, circumventing the NBL website entirely.

They still haven't uploaded anything to YouTube this season, either.

Reply #560807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not uploading anything to YouTube might have something to do with Fox Sports though.

Reply #560810 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why? They're uploading highlights to Snappy TV, or whatever the hell it is. And whatever's available on the app. All freely available, just really difficult to find, and share.

Reply #560817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because Youtube is far and away #1 so it wouldn't be by choice.

Reply #560821 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I got the impression of the old nbl being notonesinglefuckgiven.

Reply #560822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YouTube has the biggest market share i v thought the nbl wanted to be a top tier sporting league. Look how well nba and nfl do it. In these days where fta deals are hard to come by you should be trying to get as many YouTube hits / followers as possible. Another way to sell to sponsors

Reply #560863 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Having read the message, it looks like almost a direct response to blowout troll. "The results have been, for the most part, incredibly tight"

Here's a summary of game margins for this season to date, relative to last season's home and away games:

Average margin - 11.9 pts this year / 11.4 pts last year
Median margin - 9 / 9.2
Games won by <4 pts - 18.5% / 11.6%
Games won by <7 pts - 25.9% / 28.6%
Games won by <10 pts - 51.9% / 49.1%
Games won by 20+ pts - 18.5% / 15.2%

We're a game short of a quarter through the season and the stats above suggest similar distribution of game margins to last season.

I checked average points per game as well and the comparison with last season is:

Average points per game - 164.7 / 165.1

That surprised me. I'd had the sense this year was more high scoring.

Reply #560911 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's because everyone talks about how high scoring is back! Perception and reality are two different things, and the creation of perception is a strength of NBL HQ at the moment.

Reply #560917 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I gave up looking at the NBL sites from the very first week with navigation and loading doing my head in. I now look at Adelaide now Basketball articles, BOTI's site and LIve stats. I go to the pub to watch games for free and have a meal. Done. Don't see the season as any different to last year, intact media wise it is less inviting and as predicted those with the money will dominated AKA Melbourne. Sydney when Childress is back and Perth as the refs can't be bothered blowing the whistle. Its all an illusion and the biggest issue is the reffing. Still flopping, travels and inconsistencies sand obsession with little hand fouls and all the push and grab in the world let go. Taken to going to the womens games and enjoying it more.

Reply #560931 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Wow, maybe they 'are' listening, slowly..

The assists are now in averages on the webpage.

Thumbs up.

Reply #561523 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754