Anonymous
Years ago

Did Gleeson invite complacency by resting Jawai?

Just thinking it was a questionable decision to halt the wildcats strong momentum from the weekend by resting our key weapon. Clearly this was a decision based upon the weakness of the opposition but now has cost us. We can't afford to be throwing away wins in this tight comp. 4-3 now and already used up two games against the least talented team in the comp by far. If we lose on Friday again i will be calling for gleesons sacking.

Do you agree we were too complacent?

Topic #38380 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

I thought so the moment I heard he was out tonight but a definite go for Friday. That seemed odd, unlike the NBA with 82 games, can any team really afford to be resting guys for the sake of it. He is either injured or not, if he was no good for tonight, then atleast they could've tried to sell it as he is a 50-50 for Friday.

Reply #561148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs paying $7 for the win on Friday

Just like they were when they beat us at home a fortnight ago

Get on it! Get your winnings then get Gleeson sacked!

Reply #561152 | Report this post

Yep, I'm jumping on the Crocs. Might have a few drinks too.

Reply #561153 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Everyone join the party. Nate Jawai will also be jumping on the Crocs on Friday :p

Reply #561154 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Have a feeling Conklin might cop one of those famous Jawai screens lol

Reply #561160 | Report this post

A fan  
Years ago

Jawai wasn't just rested FFS. Quad injury and was told not to play by medical staff. Coaches don't make those calls people, they take the advise when they're told.
I'm sure Nate will be all too happy to greet Conklin.

Reply #561165 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Why are people fixated on this notion of "resting"?
Jawai was injured in the last game, so he did not play.
He is EXPECTED to be better, well enough to play, by the next game.

Reply #561198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hes had the quad since the last Townsville game and has played through it in every game since until tonight. It's one of those niggling injuries that players can play through but sometimes the coaching staff may make a call to rest them so they have a better chance of a full recovery.the cats have made this choice with jawai for tonight (obviously against a weak team) and it has backfired big time.

Reply #561202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What if he had injured himself further and been out for months then. Better safe than sorry. When he 1st got signed most didn't think he could play 20 minutes a game, now they're saying he's a vital major minutes player. If Perth had walked away with a win and were top of the ladder then it's just a standard resting an injured player to reduce further soft tissue damage.
Most athletes with eg sore hamstrings always sit out to make sure it's not torn and turned into a problem that can take all season to heal.

Reply #561205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The plane trip was probably a factor in the decision too, would not have been made lightly.

Reply #561216 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754