Anonymous
Years ago

Should the 6ers unleash Hodgson??

I was thinking to help fix the 36ers interior defense problems id like to see Hodgdon start and given 20+ mins as he is the guys with size who offers hustle and rim protection.

This would help the team and guys like DJ and Petrie alot imo on the defensive end of the floor.

Id like to see a starting line up with the twin towers

C Hodgson
PF Johnson
SF Creek
SG Ere
PG Randle

That line up has hustle on the inside and a shot blocker/changer (Hodgson) a scorer who can score inside and out and get in on the boards (DJ), an athletic player who plays hard and is a decent defender who should be given the oppositions best player to defend as his mission each week (Creek) and scoring guards who will put some points on the board at a decent clip (hopefully With Ebi), if we can get DJ, Ebi, Randle scoring 15-20 each at a decent clip, which i think is possible and the others chipping in and doing the other things well we should be tough to beat.

It means Walker and Gibson go to the bench,

Ebi had a better last game than Gibbo so reward him for that, have the 2 compete for 1 starting spot and minutes for the rest of the season, might light a fire under both of them, especially given both are free agents in the off season (i think), so hopefully gibbo would be more aggressive more often as he has to actually earn his minutes.

Creek and Walker are pretty similar so id have them split the minutes at sf and also compete for minutes and the starting job.

A PF/C rotation of DJ, Hodgson, Petrie, allows all of them to get plenty of time and a good variety of skill sets and i reckon we need Hodgson's hustle and defense especially against teams with good C's or who score alot in the paint off penetration, etc, as Hodgson is our main guy who changes guys shots when they drive against us, id like to see more of him, think of a bigger more athletic Paul Rees, just in there for hustle and defense, i reckon Hodgson can fill that role.

What do people think???

Topic #38401 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ebi at Sg with his lack of speed is suicide. Gibson has to start along side Randle, but Id like to see Hodgson in the middle more and have DJ free to roam.

Reply #562119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was thinking Creek could guard the better SG's and Ere the SF's so not too bad

Ie against the kings id have

Randle on Cadee
Creek on Thornton
Ere on Prewster
Johnson on Garlepp
Hodgson on Khazzouh

assuming the kings start similar to how they have the last few games,

Reply #562120 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I'm actually not against Gibson coming off the bench. If he's not prepared to be aggressive and take the game on, bench his arse.

Reply #562124 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Big fat yes to Hodgson. Future for Sixers so lets use him and get his clever head and mobile body in to the game. Pleeeeaaasssseeeee...….

Reply #562130 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I have enjoyed watching Hodgson too and look forward to watching him get better (as a Sixer). I don't think he is ready to start just yet.

Needs to improve in two areas first; learn how to better position his body on defense so he doesn't rack up unnecessary soft fouls in a short period of time (leading to his benchings and limited court time so far) and

Needs to become a more accomplished finisher with both sides of his body, not just his left.

He and Sobey are critical to the Sixers finals aspiration given the indifferent output from Ere and Gibson IMO.

Reply #562154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so is creek and i am not seeing him used in combo with Hodgsen enough. they seem to have a connection going on and spark the floor when on together but pulled quickly. don't get it.

Reply #562155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ere could come off the bench for two minutes a quarter and if he still can't run out the game put him on the next plane.

Reply #562168 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

The issue with Hodgson is he gets in foul trouble so easily. So starting him could probably mean that he's gone for the half in a couple minutes.
He needs to clean that part of his game up, so that he can play more than 20 mins a game. I'd go back to Petrie starting. He and DJ are a good starting frontline.

Reply #562221 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He needs the minutes so he can get used to the speed of the game. Let the boy play and learn on the fly. Only way to clean up any real foul trouble issues, and be patient with him as a fan base.

Reply #562242 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Absolutely agree 100% that Hodgson deserves to be starting and getting minutes.

Agree that Gibbo needs to be aggressive and earn his minutes and not just as a starter or 6th man but I think if you offered Teys 5 minutes a game more playing time then he'd do more with them that Gibson and I like the look of Sobey too and he should play aggressive and if he is deserves minutes and Walker also deserves to start above Petrie and maybe having DJ come off the bench after 3 minutes then he may be saved from a couple of little fouls that refs blow to begin games

I'd start Hodgson, Walker, Creek, Ere and Randle

Reply #563106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754