Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Kings, Nov 7

The Sixers snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and Sydney fell victim to a rampaging Melbourne in the Capital City Shootout on Thursday. Can anyone stop United this year? Are they terminators that need to be dropped into a ladle of molten steel?

Both teams backing up tonight for what should be a delicious treat for fans. Although both teams are in the bottom half of the table, this will be a classic tussle. Kings are desperate to pass the baton of bottom of the table to the Crocs and Sixers keen to leapfrog the boys from the Gong back into the 4.

For Sydney, Khazzouh is the obvious go to man. His size will give Joey a headache. Thornton and Cadee will keep the guards on their toes, and if Harrington finds his confidence, then the Sixers will have some serious questions to answer.

For Adelaide, they just need to make every shot and play count. These are the games that call for a hero to stand up. Gibbo was well held in NZ and tonight he can set the standard with a Captain's Game. Hodgson has shown us his potential and tonight is a great opportunity for him to demand more time from Joey.

No excuses for fans not to go tonight and no excuses for the Sixers not to bag and tag Sydney.

Topic #38408 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Battle of the booty's tonight. Surely Adelaide can take this one out. Then again they are the hardest team to bet on, hoping for a 10 point win.

Reply #562202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers should be favorites but i sense Sydney being able to get up in this one Sydney by 5

Reply #562215 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Sixers would be favourites for sure, but hoping for a change in our luck tonight.

Reply #562218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide by a lot. Cotter to be sacked soon after.

Reply #562226 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well I learned that the vessel used to contain molten steel is called a ladle, so thanks, Jack :)

I don't trust either of these teams when it comes to tipping, but Adelaide really ought to get the job done.

Reply #562230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think the 36ers are the least worst of these two teams so Sixers by 8 points.

Reply #562267 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Heck of a start by Sydney

Reply #562301 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Adelaide look terrible. Still waiting for Ebi Ere to do anything, anything at all.

Reply #562302 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Even Ere's flops are terrible

Reply #562303 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He is a joke, and Joey has taken this far base for a ride bringing in his buddy who can't do much on the court any more. This team is lacking an extra scorer and he is taking up the spot.

Reply #562304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi should become a post player.

Reply #562305 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Loving Al Harrington's mindset today. Very few guys who can defend him one-on-one in the post.

Reply #562306 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Adelaide just gave up 39 in a 10minute quarter. Joey needs to look at what they are trying to achieve on defense. Thats just unacceptable if you have playoffs in mind. Good to see Harrington starting to make some things happen.

Reply #562307 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'm not minding Homicides commentary this game. He seems to be getting better and is not as annoying. Much prefer Rucker though.

Reply #562308 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Homicide is getting better each game.

Reply #562309 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is it home time yet?

Reply #562310 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Childress loving this! Man the 36ers kind of deserve this for such lazy import recruiting. Seems every year things have to get really bad before the right changes happen.

Reply #562311 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

lol @ Homicide 'get that sh.... get that outta here!'

Reply #562312 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Petrie didn't get the memo.
He's actually trying.

Reply #562313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow 6ers are terribe. It's the United, Perth and the Breakers. The rest are just making up the numbers.

Reply #562314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At a laughable stage now

Reply #562315 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Joey has no answers at all for this. They didn't look great against Cairns, and now they just stink.

Reply #562316 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This is some seriously insipid "defence" being played by Adelaide

Reply #562317 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Harrington's so fat, he needs 4 sweepers to mop up his sweat.

Reply #562318 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Luuuc they are so passive. Randle is the only positive about this team, real nice to watch.

Reply #562319 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hendo8888 and Ebi is so fat he just cant play basketball anymore haha

Reply #562320 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm not complaining. This is entertaining stuff.

Reply #562321 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

45 is a good halftime score.

Usually.

Reply #562323 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Yep, I'd rather fat and scoring 12 and 8, than fat and have 0 and 2.

Reply #562324 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Probably the most entertaining first half I've seen this season as far as passing goes.

Reply #562325 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Ere should have never been signed we definitely need a scorer. If you looked at his recent euro numbers you can see where Joey was going though. He can't buy a basket. Hopefully he gets it going or he won't last.

Reply #562326 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

LOL... nice little DJ rant by Homicide

Reply #562328 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Sixers Fan he has ample time to find his shot, it isnt happening and when the team starts to struggle it really gets exposed more so. He simply isnt a go to option for the 36ers when they need a bucket, so what the fuck is here for at this point! Im just about past boiling point. Bring in a guy who can help win games.

Reply #562331 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Sixers Fan he has ample time to find his shot, it isnt happening and when the team starts to struggle it really gets exposed more so. He simply isnt a go to option for the 36ers when they need a bucket, so what the fuck is here for at this point! Im just about past boiling point. Bring in a guy who can help win games.

Reply #562332 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Homicide's commentary is seriously growing on me!

Reply #562333 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

'We got an ant, we got a mosquito, and they both can fly!'

Reply #562334 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Did Homicide just refer to a player as an Ape ? Racist hehe :P

Reply #562335 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Homicide is def keen on the Antman nickname.... Ebi is slugman i guess.

Reply #562336 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ebi Ere is the armadillo... low and slow.

Reply #562337 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Well that's the Sixers season done. Putrid.

Reply #562338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi is bootyman.

Reply #562339 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Game on. This is great stuff

Reply #562340 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings have stopped going inside to Harrington... the press is really throwing them off. That travel by Garlepp was tragic.

Reply #562341 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

LOL @ this refereeing..

Reply #562342 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Wow, the refs are giving everything to Adl right now.

Bad travel call, worse 3 second call. Now a 3 point play off very little.

Reply #562343 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Uhhh no call on Randle there for yanking Cadee back on the inbound?

Reply #562344 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Refs are reacting to the crowd.

Reply #562345 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

WOW Julian just fouled out... not smart! Refs being sucked in to the emotion of this. God I love Basketballl!

Reply #562346 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

LOL how was that a travel in Garlepp?

How was that 3 secs on Kazzouh? LOL

Seriously, its games like this that the NBL shows how amatuer of a league it is at times

Reply #562347 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Some serious home cooking here for Adl.

Plus some serious bad O by Sydney

Reply #562348 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

This is the NBL for you.....

This shows how trash these referees are...

The refs turn into cheer leaders

Reply #562349 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Hit your FT's Sydney

Reply #562350 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

No excuse for all these missed FTs, especially the amount of times we've missed both attempts.

Reply #562352 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think the Kings put money on an Adelaide at half time odds.

Reply #562353 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Thats an extremely soft call on Harrington there.

Especially after "letting them play" so much at the other end.

Reply #562354 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Refs really shat the bed in the 4th Q, but Kings shot themselves in the foot with all those missed FTs.

Reply #562355 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Haha my reverse psychology worked!!!

Reply #562356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SYDNEY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GO SIXERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #562357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Final score?

Reply #562358 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Great comeback and fight from Adl.

Horrible execution, poise and FT shooting from Sydney.

Terrible last quarter by the 3 refs. That was completely one-sided and basically cost Sydney a win.

Reply #562359 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Credit to the home crowd. They were awesome, and it definitely helped.

Reply #562360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way cotter lasts after that. Can see him being fired tomorrow

Reply #562361 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Kings shot 2-10 from the FT in that final QTR

LOL

Reply #562362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garlepp definitely travelled don't bout that 3 seconds though. See Childress go after the refs after?

Reply #562363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bye bye Cotter.

Reply #562364 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure I blame Cotter for this one, he wasn't at the line missing FTs. I thought the refereeing was absolutely shithouse in the 4th Q, but if we make our FTs (or even half of them in that Q), we win.

Reply #562366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Voilet Crumbles

Reply #562367 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The travel and 3 seconds calls weren't as bad as the Randle steal. The ref is shooting 'don't hold him Randle', the ball gets inbounded, Cadee is held back, Randle steals it, no call.

Reply #562368 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great spectacle and great result BUT Adelaide have some serious issues to deal with. Randle can only carry them so far. As for Sydney, just shaking me head, hard game to swallow.

Reply #562370 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Games like that is why I love sport.

Reply #562371 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hendo8888 I'm totally with you man, even if that was any other 2 NBL teams, just a great sports event!

Reply #562374 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

As a Kings fan, I'm just floored. I think mid-way through the 3rd I had a real bad feeling about how things were going, as soon as we stopped hitting Harrington at the FT line in our halfcourt offense.

That's pretty much our season done, bar a hot streak combined with a few teams ahead of us losing half their starters to injury.

Reply #562376 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I feel for the Kings in a way, the way they played for so much of that game was so much fun to watch. Thats the way i felt they were going to go about it all season, wouldve been crushing for their fan base... and I'm not trying to be a smartass, i feel that sort of pain. Injuries have hurt this team enough before a collapse like that.

Reply #562378 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think the suckiest thing is that there's been a noticeable improvement in every area this season for the Kings EXCEPT for on the court. The atmosphere at the games has been a big step up, and people are actually talking about basketball in Sydney. But the move to Homebush combined with the lack of results, I got real concerns about how this season is going to impact the Kings going forward.

Reply #562383 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Only Sydney can make history. If a team can not handle a full court press, they do not belong in this league.

Reply #562385 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Did anyone else see Sideshow Bob going off at the refs after the game?

Reply #562389 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Childress was given it to the refs from the Harrington nudge foul onwards.

Reply #562391 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah jack I did, guess the overall frustration of it has put him to boiling point. Some pretty emotional based calls went Adelaide's way i must say. But even after all that, surely after being out by 24, the Kings dont lose that one.

Reply #562392 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Sydney are done. Concerning for them off the court going into Homebush. If they can't get things right with Childress they won't ever. Don't know if sacking Cotter is the answer as who replaces him that will clearly make a difference?

Reply #562393 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

For those that didn't see it, after the game Childress caught up to the umpires at half way going crazy at them and continued it all the way into the players race. He really should be suspended for that but being the NBL it won't happen.

Reply #562404 | Report this post

Rag  
Years ago

Adelaide fans, you can thank the 36ers import for the massive 3 Ball In the corner which tied the game at 95-95
He is clutch, no doubt

Reply #562405 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The umpiring was shocking all game for both teams. It was what we should all expect with Aylen out there.

Pathetic 3 quarters for the Sixers only to steal it in the last quarter with Sydney being complacent and then being over run.

I have been very critical about Petrie but it was a bloody good effort by him tonight. He might have got a bit tired in that last quarter so we can excuse him for that.

Great game by Randle. I still want to see him play better defense.

Gibson started the second half on the bench and rightly so. In the 4th we looked better when he wasn't out there.

DJ finally had a bad game.

Some sloppy play by creek in the first half but did some important things in the last quarter.

Hopefully the Sixers can pull their head in and come out motivated next game instead of just expecting everyone else to do something.

Reply #562406 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Your right Rag, was a huge 3, and Ebi was more over due than 9 and had month pregnancy! Cloth wouldve been if he had backed it up and made the next one that wouldve put the 36ers up 2. Think ill much rather than the import who delivered 33 and was going hard even when we were struggling for the first 3 quarters.

Reply #562408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm gonna give a little bit of credit to DJ. He was having a horror night and it was clearly in his head. But he managed to contribute down the stretch. Maybe something he couldn't do a couple of years ago?

Reply #562414 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Having just watched the last qtr back again these are my observations.
There was only one actually bad call - the 3sec on Khazzouh. The refs apart from that actually did a pretty good job. The fouls called were there.
Sydney lost because of an inability to hit free throws. Plain and simple. Missed free throws is bad basketball.
As good as Randle was, Ebi Ere was the most influential player in the last qtr. Big shots, stops and rebounds. He was absolutely huge in the last term
The Sixers were better without Gibbo on the floor.

Reply #562421 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ snooch, respectfully disagree. The non-calls were as bad as the actual calls. Tell me that Randle's steal on the inbound pass to Cadee wasn't a foul, considering the ref had just warned Randle about exactly what he then went and did to get the steal - grab Cadee and then beat him to the spot. Tell me that the call on Harrington at the end was consistent with what was happening on the other end.

Again, Kings should have won regardless by making even half of their clutch FTs and have no one to blame but themselves for that, but the fact remains that without the refs calling the game the way they did, Adelaide don't win this game.

Reply #562425 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Go back and watch it again. It was a no-call on the inbounds and a foul on Harrington. The refs were right on those calls/non calls imo.

Reply #562427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who were the refs apart from Aylen?

Reply #562431 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Sorry Angus those two plays may have been fouls but Kazzough's handfull of Petrie's singlet and Cadee's charge on Petrie were also let go. Harrington's happy feet were not called all night either.

I lost a bit of respect for Childers both during and post fourth quarter.

I was also hoping to see that Kobe24 and Hendo88 would be at the game to see the one% that Eri does off the ball and within the offence, in the hope that they could offer an "informed" opinion, but unfortunately not>

Reply #562433 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Didn't see the singlet grab, but to quote Goulding on the Cadee-Petrie 'charge': "Lol if peach ever says anything to me about flopping after that collision with Cadee I'll laugh."

I got no problems with Childress getting fired up at the refs. Suspend him, fine him, I don't care. Great to see an import so passionate.

Reply #562435 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Sorry Angus but quoting Goulding means very little. Tbh I don't even remember that call.
I do remember Cadee tunneling DJ in the first qtr that went uncalled though.
The Kings didn't execute when needed and the Sixers did. That was where the game was won and lost.

Reply #562436 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Flopsy Goulding may no the right way to fall, but the way Cadee was limping after the hit suggested that there was no flopping as far as Petrie was concernrd.

Reply #562437 | Report this post

Rag  
Years ago

Beattie & Durant

Re Ebbi, I agree he is not top tier import however as a second tier import at least he had some size to play half court D on Harrington & also at least he is a money player who is wiling to use his experience & shoot the ball in the clutch
From the free throws or 3 ball or taking it hard
He provides plenty

Reply #562439 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LOL Sydney, just LOL

Reply #562440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much for security at The Titanium Security Arena. The way Childress was allowed follow the refs off the court yelling and haranging them was laughable. Lucky nothing serious happened. And who's the security hairs behind the opposition bench. west he's the game all night and doesn't watch the crowd for signs of trouble.

Reply #562441 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Cadee was a bit ginger a few times.

Reply #562447 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

AngusH so what if it was a foul on Randle, Sixers lost the ball straight away and committed a foul. Garlepp could have been called a blocking foul at 5 minutes left in 4th or Harrington's obvious foul in the back of DJ at 4:29 would have given Sixers 2 shots. Harrington's foul on Randle was a clear foul

Reply #562449 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Fairness to Cadee he has had a smashed pelvis and multiple operations and rehabilitation. I think we can excuse him when he appears strained after a lateral knock. Wouldn't take much to knock anyones hips and lower back out and he has a lot more to contend with.

Reply #562450 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Reffing was appalling all over against and for both teams. Completely inconsistent so hard to call if it led to the win or loss, it was just what it was.

Reply #562452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames didnt your lovechild Aylen call that foul Harrington on Randle??? Clearly it must have been wrong then!!

Reply #562453 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"KingJames didnt your lovechild Aylen call that foul Harrington on Randle??? Clearly it must have been wrong then!!"

Nah he gets them right every so often, a bit like Sydney's foul shooting tonight

Reply #562457 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

"Ebi Ere was the most influential player in the last qtr. Big shots, stops and rebounds. He was absolutely huge in the last term "

I have been saying Ebi will come good when given time, I am happy he is proving me correct.

Reply #562463 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I've said it all year, and it continues to be true every single game. Ere is a quality import... For one quarter of each game. It's the other 3 that is the problem.
Sure, he's not going to go out and score 10 points every quarter, but up until 3 quarter time he had 2 rebounds and 0 points. That's not an anomaly, that's what he does every game without fail.
If I could be bothered, I'd go and check the game by game stats of 'good quarter' vs 'other 3', I'd be surprised if 75% of his positive stats didn't come from those good quarters. That's just not good enough. If I went to work at my 9-5 job and only put in effort/achieved results between 1pm and 3pm, and did nothing at all for the other 6 hours, it wouldn't matter how much I achieved in those 2 hours, I would get fired.
I'm more than capable of giving an informed opinion, and that informed opinion is that Ere is a liability for 75% of every single game. His good quarter is as good as anyone else's in the league, his bad 3 are as bad too.

Reply #562469 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hendo8888 im with you, he was obviously atrocious for 3 quarters and finally earned his spot for 10 minutes. Camby is a troll, but not sure what Rag is on, perhaps same guy... but for 3 quarters we needed another guy to step up, and he was MIA, ill be happy to swap him from a 4 quarter performer. believe it or not they do exist!

Reply #562471 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Sydney were amazing for the first 2 quarters, especially the first. Credit to Adelaide for not dropping their heads and fighting back.

Reply #562472 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Few times that lead could've really blown out to 25 plus, which mentally screws you but they hovered around and the Kings after that monster 39 1st just started to tighten ever so slightly. What's amazing is in the 40 minute format there is usually so much less time to make up big lead margins, so this was great to see.

Reply #562474 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There was home cooking in the second half, no doubt about it, but that's basketball sometimes, especially when you have a big and loud crowd.

I think that is as entertaining a game as I've ever watched, just remarkable stuff all around. Sydney were unstoppable early, Adelaide dogged in dragging it back, Petrie making up for a couple of poor performances with an absolute gem.

Reply #562477 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Not sure what Ebi is paid but his performances in the clutch have paid it back. Kobe24 a player who does whats required in the 4th is such a valuable resource and shows why he is here. Ebi may not be hitting shots early, but his experience and clutch performances have been very important in us winning the games we have. Do you want to gamble that for a player who may be able to score during the game but will be questionable when it really matters? Ebi has delivered when it really matters. How much is that worth?
Great spectacle for the league, need to get this out there and get the 8000 crowds back.
In 1st qtr Sydney could probably have turned their backs to rim and still got it in. Seemed unstoppable, but Sixers kept plugging away. All stepped up. Creek hustle and intensity got us a lot of momentum in last. Old man Petrie superb all game. When you have momentum you get the calls. Refs are human... aren't they.Kings failed to handle the heat when it mattered. missed free thows. Khazzough fouling out. He just dropped his shoulder into DJ right in front of ref.

Reply #562478 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Delivered in the clutch? What scored 6 points in the 4th last night and made some free throws the other week against cairns. Hasn't done much else throughout the season, rubbish pick up.

He has been consistently ordinary throughout the season. Will have to produce quite a bit more throughout a full game for more than the odd game to convince me.

Reply #562483 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

No credit where it's due Kobe, Ebi was clutch in the last qtr last night. Not just scoring but coming up with rebounds and getting stops. But that doesn't mean he's proving camby right - he was terrible for the rest of the game and the Sixers need a more all-round consistent performer out of their second import spot.

I also disagree with the notion that there was "no doubt about" home cooking with the refs. I've watched the last qtr 3 times now and am just not seeing it. As I said, the only blatantly wrong call was the 3sec violation on Khazzouh. Sydney missed 8 free throws in the last qtr alone - maybe Childress and others should be yelling about that.

Reply #562486 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Kobe24, thank God that your not the one that needs to be convinced. Your vendetta has become tiresome and any comment irrelevant.

Reply #562495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find Khazzough was in the key for 4 seconds. Go and watch the clock. The refs think they're rock stars though, talking trash to Gibbo telling him this isn't the PlayStation haha

Reply #562497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let me tell you something you don't come back and win like that without outstanding team spirit and chemistry. From afl reports ebi is a big part of that. It sounds corny,but when you have it it is something special and can lead to championships. Don't underestimate it.

Reply #562499 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hey it is what it is. If he plays like he did in the 4th every game every quarter then he more than valuable. Otherwise, i jujst think people have short memories and low expectations for finals. Your import has 2 points in a blowout for 3 quarters and because he has set such a low standard for himself people are happy with one quarter. Lets not forget it was Randle who put this team on his back and said enough if enough. But ill end it there, can only hope its a sign of things to come...

Reply #562502 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"The refs think they're rock stars though, talking trash to Gibbo telling him this isn't the PlayStation haha"

So what do the players and coaches think they are. They've been abusing the refs and their calls all game, every game, all season, every season for years. Maybe the refs are just enjoying having been given licence to talk back.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander and it does add entertainment value and that's what the league is about this season.

Reply #562503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How big was the crowd out there? Sounded very loud on the highlights

Reply #562506 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I'm not happy with one qtr only Kobe, but I'll give him credit for it - he was a big reason Adl pulled that win out.

Reply #562507 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Snooch im with you he was great in the 4th that 3 was huge. Im just not ready to go ahead and say he is the long term help the team needs to win playoff games.

Reply #562508 | Report this post

just ask me  
Years ago

Josh Childress was reported for his post match behaviour towards the game officials!!!!

Reply #562517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been an Ebi basher but last night was his best game...still, he isn't what this team needs and I agree with Kobe & Hendo.

With an import that can score and defend for 4 quarters do we have such a big deficit to make up?

We seem to constantly find ourselves in these tight games requiring clutch performances - think about that for a second.

Ebi is the worst import in the league statistically and I think we should be judging him on a complete game, not 1 quarter per game.

Ebi was not the force behind the comeback...blind Freddie can see Randle is the man. Randle was the one constantly in the huddles telling the boys we can still win this. He even started the comeback, got to the FT line and before he took his 2 shots he looked over at Joey, pumped his fist against his chest over his heart as if to say...don't worry coach I'm taking us to the greatest comeback ever in the NBL - if you think otherwise you have no clue.

Reply #562521 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

It was a good quarter by Ebi. 8 points is only 2 under his season average for a whole game, after all. And shooting 40% for the game is better than his 33% average, too. But other players were more important in the last quarter, particularly the other import. If only we had two imports that good, maybe we wouldn't need to make a record comeback.

But hey, to be fair to Ebi, he's improving. He's gone from making four free throws to justify his import spot to playing a whole quarter. Maybe we'll see an entire half out of him before the season's over?

Reply #562527 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Yep Randle was the force behind the comeback for sure, but Ebi was very influential in that last quarter at both ends of the floor.
But I agree with others, one quarter a game isn't enough from your import. The team needs more to be a legit playoff threat.
The other factor is Gibbo - missing again to the point the team looked better in the last qtr without him on the floor. He's supposed to be one of this team's leaders too but he's only played 2 good games this year. They need more out of him regularly.

Reply #562528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's what is really disappointing. We know Ere is done but Gibbo can still play but puts in such passive and meek performances too often. It's not like he's Teys a scrub giving you the odd good game Gibson is being paid like he's a star.

Reply #562532 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Glad to know I'm not the only one being harsh on the Ebi Ere situation. I think people get confused on these forums between logical negativity and hating for the sake of hating. Its not a vendetta, just as a season ticket holder, I've seen may imports come and go and some that simply shouldn't have been here to start with...

Reply #562537 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Re Gibbo being MIA - After the match, Joey said Gibbo is still struggling to get over his preseason injury. Joey wants more from him and I'm sure he'll get it once Gibbo's back to full fitness. Joey also praised Sobey for the energy he brought into the game and Ebi for his sheer effort and hassling in the 4th. He also reckons Randle will get a 40 point game this season!

Randle was brilliant when talking after the game - he said all the right things and is 110% certain he's going for the championship. He also said how he loves being a part of this team - more than any other he's played for - and he intends to "stick around for a while" - Great news!!

Reply #562548 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Id love to have Randle back again next season and more! Gibson is probably also getting used to not having the ball in his hands to make the plays as much now Randle is running the show.

Reply #562550 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

A import gets 10 points and and many praise him and of course Joey again mentioned him in his press . Wow.
He had a ok good qtr which supposed to do in every game.
He still overweight and over the hill,
And anyone things we are going to win finals with him in a league that now has quality imports are kidding themselves

Reply #562554 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I'd be more inclined to believe the injury thing with Gibbo if it wasn't just a constant in his game over a long period of time. He played 2 cracking games when Randle first got here and has disappeared again in the last 2.

I'm sure Joey wants more from him - you can tell he wants more from him. I still believe it's an attitude thing, when he's aggressive early he can go on with it but too often he's far too passive. I guess time will tell as to whether he comes good.

As for Randle, I think every Sixers fans would love for him to stick around. He's the ultimate pro.

Reply #562555 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Bretts the man he had 8 to be precise haha Im with you man just crazy the glass half full support he has got to this point.

Reply #562558 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Thank you Bake for highlighting the vendetta.

Ebi tries hero ball...doesn't drop, he gets abused...OK.

Ebi tries, now it drops, get gets no love again.

Reply #562601 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Moral of the story... Produce for more than a few mins per game and you won't need to resort to hero ball, regardless of the results.

Reply #562603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember, this was essentially the first game this season where Adelaide had a fully fit squad - first they had McNeail playing injured, then Teys got hurt early in Randle's debut.

Hopefully now they can stay healthy for a while and build on the momentum from last night's amazing finish.

Reply #562628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus Im sure you know all about vendettas...

Reply #562675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi has been better than Gibbo the last couple of games imo, so i think we can get off his back a little, he is not our biggest problem import or not.

If we get Gibbo and Teys 100% healthy (i reckon give Gibbo a week off) we have a really good team

We have won half our games and had a couple of really close losses which coulda gone either way, so we have a solid team.

If Randle and DJ can keep up there form, Ebi continue his improved form and improve further, (keep driving and not just shooting 3's ebi) and the rest do there bit we have a strong team and will be tough to beat anywhere.

I still wanna see more Hodgson and the twin towers line up with DJ, even if Hodgson is a little foul prown, let him learn on the job, and so what if he gets a few fouls then sit him, which he is doing anyway.

Reply #562780 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754