Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Crocs, Nov 14

It's Saturday night and to quote Elton John "Saturday night's alright for fighting"

It will be a fight tonight. The Crocs are languishing at the bottom of the table, but have beaten the Floppycats, so that is a major feather in their cap. No-one wants to be on the bottom. For the Crocs, the usual suspects will need to fire up for the win. I believe Schench is out, but may be back in town with a load of washing for mum.

The Sixers are bouncing along in 5th, seemingly unable to press an advantage into the Top 4.

It'll be a big night at the Arena with the Sixers retiring the jerseys of the Ice Man and Al Green. There will be a lot of emotion there tonight, so the Sixers need to tap into this for inspiration. Just watching Coopz's highlight video should be enough to inspire the Sixers to a win. They need to get them to sit in the Hollywood seats.

Jett v Randle will be "popcorn time" Grab a box and watch the show.
Steindl is a star in any team and controlling him is the key to winning
The Conk is just a 230 pound slab of trouble under the key.

The Sixers need to lift on D to take this one home.

Sixers by 6.

Topic #38470 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will be the game on Gem tomorrow at 3pm too.

Reply #564390 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Harry Froling in for Schensher

Reply #564404 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

How long is Schenscher out for? As usual with games involving the Crocs, gotta ignore how it looks on paper. If the Crocs play harder than the Sixers, they can take this game.

Reply #564412 | Report this post

Dman  
Years ago

Crocs by 12

Reply #564414 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Can definitely see the Crocs getting this one. Wouldnt even consider it some massive upset either at this point. I have to think at some point soon the 36ers will click and their talent will be hard to stop... but not sure if its tonight. If its scrappy itll be crocs if the 36ers can run will be them by plenty.

Reply #564426 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I'm expecting the Sixers to bounce back in this one.

Reply #564436 | Report this post

Jetroooo  
Years ago

Luke "Hollywood" Schensher is believed to be out for i month i think i read.

Reply #564437 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

After last Wednesday v Perth Dennis said Schenscher would be 4-6 weeks with torn ligaments in an ankle

Reply #564442 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Are the 36ers going to play anything resembling defense or is that not in their job description?

Reply #564447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not in the job description.

The great Mike D'Antoni once said the aim of the game is to score more than your opponent does.

Something resembling effort on defence would be nice though.

Reply #564449 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

36ers giving up over 100 ppg over the last 4 games? How is that even possible in 40 min games?

Reply #564450 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Gibbo is out.

Reply #564452 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The great Mike D'Antoni once said the aim of the game is to score more than your opponent does.

How many championships he win compared to a coach like, say Pop, who's defensive minded first and foremost????

Reply #564453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez Maynard is impressive

He's schooling Randle a few times

Reply #564459 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

Thats why Randle cant make the NBA, he is absolutely inept defensively

Reply #564460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin's elbow to be reviewed?

Reply #564461 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Adelaide players run into the ground at training.

Gibson out, likely due to too heavy a training load.

Conklin goes the whack, again, reckless beyond belief but not even a foul.

#TOOHARDBALL

Reply #564462 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

36ers have shot 16 Fts this QUARTER and still 2 mins left.

LOL, i told you, if you play any defense int hsi league, you get punished.

What a FRAUD OF A LEAGUE

Reply #564463 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

LOL, 24 fouls that half...that is MORE than 2 fouls a minutes....

And they want to bring crowd and ratings to this league...Clueless morons.

Reply #564464 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. Conklin's HT interview. Dropping the F bomb.

Unprofessional all round. Fox Sports should nevee have quizzed him on that..just leave the subject alone.

Reply #564465 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

No it's not, it's just over 1 a minute
Learn2Math

Reply #564466 | Report this post

Langers  
Years ago

Conklin F bomb during intervuew. Another fine coming.

Reply #564467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin dropping elbows as well as F bombs. Wow.

Reply #564468 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Conklins elbow accident. Wouldn't fine him for incident as why would you interview him at half time?

Reply #564469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox sports absolutely should ask him about it. He's paid to be professional by definition. Man up Conklin. Face the music with some decorum.

Reply #564470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm liking Conklin's heel turn. I expecting him to to hit a coach over the head with a steel chair next game.

He also needs his own entrance music.

Reply #564472 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

He's a legend according to Cam Gliddon, wonder how the taipans feel about him endorsing swearing during interviews. Pretty dumb tweet from Gliddon.

Reply #564473 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes, Conklin should be more professional. But, just the way Heal went about it..i didn't like it. Rush under a guy's nose and immediately ask him questions solely about the issue - they could at least ask him about the game first.

Reply #564474 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Steindl shoots some ridicolously well guarded/contested shots. Stupid.

Reply #564476 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL

Thats why this sport will never be relevant in this country....making it a snoozfest...let them FU##KING PLAY

Reply #564477 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Gliddon an absolute disgrace condoning language like that. Will be sending cairns an email about this. Very unprofessional but he's a nobody anyway.

Reply #564478 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL

Reply #564479 | Report this post

Whistle pete  
Years ago

Agree too many fouls and game ugly not a good look for TV but wow the players really don't know how to play proper d fence, Get better I say. Leagues fault for allowing the scrappy shit into the game in the first place!

Reply #564480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis is letting them lose their heads. He has to impose some ordered play.

Reply #564481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The amount of flopping in this game tonight. Wow.

Reply #564483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game for Adelaide after last week. I don't think they can consider it representative of tge opposition quality to come.

Reply #564487 | Report this post

So are we still pretending Conklin doesn't recklessly throw his arms and elbows around?

Reply #564490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look out everyone, we have a badass on our hands here.

Sixers147 is outraged and is going to send an email.

Reply #564494 | Report this post

Langers  
Years ago

The fouls ruined that game. And the turnovers. Not a great spectacle at any point.

Reply #564495 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Conklin's elbow was just another careless play by him, no malice in it the same as the Martin incident.

I didn't think all the fouls made the game boring. You can't just say "Let them play" if it is a foul it is a foul. I don't think there was any less soft fouls then other games.

Sixers looked better without Gibson. Unfortunately it was a Golden chance for Sobey but he stunk it up.

I don't know what to make of Ere. He looks in better shape now but he seems to do nothing and then all of a sudden he does a few things which saves his job for another week.

The defense was a lot better tonight! Not sure whats going on with DJ's foul shooting lately.

Randle needs to learn to pass and keep working on his defense!

It was good to get an easy win for a change. Now they need to focus and play very well against Perth next game.

Reply #564497 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Another low-scoring game, another Sixers win. As I said in another thread, they play their best ball when the game is a little slower. They need to pick their moments to run but just dial back the overall pace a couple clicks

Reply #564500 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

We won tonight because of our defence. If both sides click we can go far.

Reply #564510 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Adelaide won because Townsville are an extremely talent-ridden squad and are lucky to have scrapped 3 wins so far this year

Reply #564521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the context of conklin swearing in the ht interview?

Reply #564529 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Joey has talked about how the players had the chance to play with instinct this game and it paid off. Interesting with lots of talk about coaches having too much control over players with constant plays. Something in it and more of a balance needing to be found.

Reply #564533 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Do we have a video of Conklin's interview anywhere?
I was at the game, so obviously didn't hear it.

Reply #564547 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just a hint guys, the FOUL troll is the blowout troll, probably best to ignore.

Conklin effectively said it's an effen tough game, pointing out Jawai's hit on Abercrombie. If people are looking to take action on contact from this round, number one should be Teys, number two Jawai and then Conklin.

Reply #564548 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How is Jawai's clear play for the ball that happened to collect Abercrombie high worse than Conklin wildly flailing his elbows around a mere week after seriously injuring someone the same way?

Reply #564554 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

koberulz, we disagreed on this in the other thread. Not sure you can say Jawai's was a clear play for the ball. Was a big swipe that wasn't even close to the ball - we all know Jawai has a tendency to let his anger get the best of him.

Reply #564555 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

That's not saying that Jawai's was deliberate. But reckless..yes.

Reply #564556 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Honestly, I see that play happen pretty often, simply because the offensive player's head is between the defensive player and the ball. Usually, though, the defensive player is significantly smaller than Jawai, so it goes unnoticed.

Reply #564561 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jawai intended to foul Abercrombie, misjudged it and smashed him in the head. Conklin had no intention to foul, was bumped while in the air taking a shot and threw his arm back as his body rotated from the hit. One was intentional contact and the other wasn't, but neither deserve further sanction.

Reply #564562 | Report this post

Yolo  
Years ago

Paul, DJ pulled through inside his own cylinder, his elbows were tucked in

To compare that to what Conklin has done twice now isnt right

Mark Dalton has stated publicly that as a player you know when someone is around you and suggested as much that Conkllin has swung with intent twice now. And that is a guy who knows about elbows.

I concur with the line on Teys

Reply #564565 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I really don't understand how the NBL managed to stuff up the uniforms so badly this year. Having the Crocs wear grey on the road will never look professional.

Reply #564568 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

There is no debate here, Jawai's swipe was careless and reckless, as was Conklin's act and that type of play should be penalised, end of story...

Reply #564569 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

That's not only my opinion by the way, that is a fact based on the evidence presented before everyone who watches a replay of any of these or similar incidents.

Anyone with an unbiased view and some common sense for how the game should be played according to the rules, that is!

Reply #564570 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Looks like they cut Conklin's interview out of the half time break. Was hoping to see it.

Reply #564573 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tolo, when I paused it DJ was just out of his cylinder. Regardless though, Conklin was still in the air on his shot attempt after being bumped, to suggest it was some sort of intentional hit is silly. If only more people had the common sense of Damian Martin and Mitch Creek.

Reply #564575 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Must say, the nets in Adelaide are pretty ugly. Any time a ball is scored it's kind of an eyesore. They even replaced them and lo and behold they've gotten worse!

Reply #564578 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Conklin's elbow to Creek's chin looked accidental. However, his take-down of Ere with his left hand on his (conklin's) opening quarter dunk was clearly intentional. It looked intentional at full speed and slow mo replay confirmed it. He created the contact, grabbed Ere's shoulder and pulled him to the ground. That says more to me about conklin as a player than the elbow accident.

Reply #564580 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

One of the most grating NBL games I've watched for a while... that charge call on Leon Henry on Ebi Ere. Jesus

Reply #564582 | Report this post

Yolo  
Years ago

Paul are you saying Mark Dalton doesn't know what he is talking about?

Reply #564586 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think Mark ever left the ground to know.

Reply #564589 | Report this post

Yolo  
Years ago

How is that relevant or factual?

Many many NBL and Olympian players I have spoken to would ban Conklin if they were in charge. He knows what he is doing. 2nd time int an accident

Reply #564596 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Relevant because that's what I was talking about in the post you responded to.

Reply #564597 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Guys, what play are we talking about?

Reply #564598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are the ebi Haters now? No need to talk about him because the sixers finally played some D. Its not about firepower but playing good solid D

Reply #564603 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anon they beat a pretty depleted Crocs out fit. He didn't play amazing but hard to dog any guy on a 24 point win.

Reply #564607 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He did some good things last night. Was one of his better games. And he didn't just have 5 mins or good play, then nothing else, he contributed throughout the match (only had 4 points at half time, but scored in every quarter, which is a positive).
But on the other hand, he shot 4/12 (13 if you count the shot he didn't get off on the 3qt buzzer), so there's still room for improvement.

Reply #564611 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The only minor concern for me was Randle. For a guy who's so quick he seems to have trouble keeping his man in front of him defensively.
But given there was no Gibbo, Creek was forced out and Peach was on one leg it's still a pretty good result.
This week will be a big test though.

Reply #564612 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

What anon we have a import that has no resemblance pf defence And only there to score which cannot challenge as even coach agrees and gets a 11 points at very poor average and set ip[ wiytj set plays and gets 11 and wow we are supposed to be excited with .
Guess what he has not got any younger pr got fitter or regained any fitness or any movement to defend .
This against bottom team.
Simple keep him and we will not make 4

Reply #564616 | Report this post

Yolo  
Years ago

disappointing attitude Paul, your posts suggest your better than that

Reply #564620 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Ebi is improving as I expected a professional of his calibre would.

Although there are still much room for improvement, the signs are there for a promising into the second third of the season.

At this stage, it would be riskier to find a new import than stick with a known quality.

A bird in the hand if you will.

Reply #564621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fight night. Wrong. Crocs are over achieving and will be bottom as predicted unfortunately. Denn8s is a great coach doing a great job with a l8mited budget.

Reply #564632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi was still shit! People have just accepted that he isn't going anywhere...sad, because we could be a lot better.

He was woeful last night...terrible D, lots of turnovers, ridiculous shot attempts - even tripped over his own feet on 1 occasion with no one around him. Every supporter that sits around me just laugh at him and can't believe how deplorable he is.

He's had enough time to improve but it isn't happening.

Marcus, you're just pissing in the wind mate if you think he is improving - I'd tell you to get your head out of your arse but Ebi is stinking it up just as bad so you wouldn't know the difference!

Reply #564633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers playing off vs kings for 2nd last spot.

Reply #564634 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Anon '633 your def right about one thing, I've conceded he will unfortunately be here till the end. Cant see the 36ers making the playoffs from here...

Reply #564639 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Ummm....The Sixers are in the Top 4 already.

Reply #564641 | Report this post

36ersNayshun  
Years ago

Ere is clearly regaining fitness, and with it mobility. In the first few rounds he wouldn't drive, and struggled to get up the court. Now he's putting the ball in the floor and being offensively aggressive. There's also an improvement in defensive movement too. When he first got here he wouldn't have got upstairs for a dunk like he did on Saturday. I'd be surprised if he doesn't continue to improve his form given that he now has more offensive options and isn't just stuck with throwing building materials from outside the ark. He had a few slips, trips and ball handling errors but they were mostly through trying to be positive. The whole team had some clangers so you can't hang it all on Ebi. I'm not saying he's amazing but he's getting better and will be another scorer for the opposition to worry about as the season wears on.

Reply #564656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His contract probably would've become fully guaranteed by now too so highly unlikely he will be released now.

Reply #564673 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Umm where tou sit after 9 fames dowsnt dictate where you will finish. Stop trolling, the 6ers wont have the goods compared to the better teams over the course of the season. More than 4 teams that are better than us.

Reply #564684 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754