Anonymous
Years ago

Bilas: 'Simmons is the best seen since lebron'

College analyst Jay Bilas has dubbed Ben Simmons 'the real thing' and someone who compares to Lebron.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/ben-simmons-is-the-best-overall-talent-since-lebron-james-us-view/story-e6frf3f3-1227614085629

Topic #38512 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I would take him No. 1 if they had the draft today. His game is NBA ready. He's a phenomenal passer."

"He has an extraordinary ability on the court, and he never changes expression, he doesn’t force anything. He isn’t a great shooter but he can make shots, and he’s really good defensively.”

“I think he’s the best player in the country.”

“Ben Simmons is the best overall talent I’ve seen since LeBron James. This dude is different.”

Reply #565681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big hype no pressure

Reply #565687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame he won't be playing for the Boomers at the Olypics next year :-(

Reply #565694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I meant Olympics

Reply #565695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why wouldn't he be playing in the olympics?

Reply #565703 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Cos he's too good.

Reply #565708 | Report this post

andrew wiggins  
Years ago

I though Andrew Wiggins was the next best after Lebron.

Reply #565725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

top rated swingman in college each year is the best since lebron. Big wraps on him though and I hope he does well

Reply #565726 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Wish the hype would leave this kid alone for a little while. Has amazing talent but all this attention so early into the year must be overwhelming to a point.

Reply #565752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bilas is not usually outspoken on these matters

Reply #565755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AD >

Reply #565764 | Report this post

hm  
Years ago

Why the assumption that he won't be available for Olympics?

Reply #565784 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I guess maybe if he gets drafted they will want to keep him in cotton wool. Ie not let him go.

Reply #565846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Draft June, but first round picks usually sign contracts in July? He's not going to be able to commit to Rio until he signs a contract, right? And by July the team is picked and deep into preparation. Then, even if he wanted to do it and the Boomers wanted to make it work, what NBA team is going to let him go after Dante did his ACL in a Boomers uniform?

Reply #565906 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754