Hoopie
Years ago

Boomers Possibles v Probables

Every now and then I hear about the concept of a Probables (those likely to make it) versus Possibles (roughies who might make it).

Given the amount of Aussie talent around the world, how good would our Boomers second team be? WHO would our Boomers seconds be?

My Probable 12 are Bogut, Baynes, Andersen, Motum, Simmons, Ingles, Newley, Goulding, Mills, Delly, Bairstow and Martin.

Probables, though? That's where it gets tough. I'd probably think about Ogilivy, Humphries, Deng, Jervis, Bairstow, Steindl, Blanchfield, Gliddon, Drmic, Jois, Cadee, Gibson, but surely some of our other youngsters would be worth blooding?

What do you reckon would be our best 'B' team? Would they get within 30 points of the 'A' team?

Topic #38513 | Report this topic

Hoopie  
Years ago

My bad - Broekhoff is a no-brainer in the A team instead of Bairstow

Exum, Jawai, and possibly Madgen & Norton, should get into the B team ahead of Jervis & Cadee

Reply #565753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a crap 2nd team selections. Where are Bolden, Thon Maker, Exum?

Reply #565754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's Deng? There are a few

Reply #565778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cadee.. lol no chance

Reply #565781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Locks..
Mills
Delly
Ingles
Bogut
Baynes
Broekhoff
Motum
Simmons
Anderson

3 Out of ...
Exum, Gibson, gliddon, Martin, Goulding, blanchfield, Newley, Bairstow, ogilvy, Jawai, khazzouh. At least 1 pg/Sg.

Personally I'd pick
Exum, Goulding and ogilvy.

For a team of...
Delly/exum
Mills/broekhoff/Goulding
Simmons/ingles
Motum/Anderson
Bogut/baynes/Ogilvy

Reply #565790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754