Anonymous
Years ago

End the Ebi Ere whinging!

Can we all please stop the Ebi Ere bagging, it would have to be the most mentioned topic all season.
Facts:
1) He isn't going anywhere, he's Joeys mate and if he hasn't been cut by now he never will.
2) He showed up and is still in bad physical shape. Hopefully this will improve as the season goes on.
3) He isn't and will never be the player he was in his prime.
4) He'll chip in for a couple of 3s a game and get some cheapies so will average around 10 a game.
5)He ain't going to play defence.
6)He'll have flashbacks and take bad shots.

So let's end the constant bagging of him and move on and just accept these facts. It's hardly breaking news when all of the same complaints are brought up in every 36ers topic.
One thing it's done is mask the other deficiencies in the current roster.
So please let it end, we've heard it all, replace him with a gun import, he's unfit, he's getting paid for previous years play, he's Joeys pet. I'm not a fan and totally agree with what's been said but can we stop rehashing it and move on.

Topic #38518 | Report this topic

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I think his output is improving, and he seems to get his share of rebounds and deflections. He is not in as bad shape as he was at the start of the season. We could do better, but I don't absolutely hate what the guy brings. He certainly keys in when the games on the line.

Reply #565920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is not getting better and isn't it great we are paying him to get fit and by end of season might be close to average fitness. Look I get your point but every turnover and every open shot he misses as nobody actually defends him now and watch how a u- 14 could provide more defence out there so I get totally frustrated .and very annoyed that we wasted a import spot on a over the hill player that treated us with just disrespect to come in the shape he did...
I get your point but yes know had lots of bad imports but none living on memory and so unfit can't do anything but jack up a open shot .
So sorry I will dump on him every game he gives us the rubbish he puts out there.

Reply #565925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or just sack him?

Reply #565928 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

So you start a whole new topic about something you don't want to talk about? Makes sense.

Reply #565930 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

First rule of Ebi Ere is that you don't talk about Ebi Ere

Reply #565931 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

If he doesnt play well, then he gets mentioned. Simple as that, if you dont like to see the frustration come out via the keyboard then scroll over it. I get sometimes it seems a bit much, BUT that is just heated fans feeling duped by a pitiful decision to bring him in! I was actually amazed he made the 3's he did last night, was a genuine surprise, thats not a great sign when thats what he is here to do. Mind you some have changed his role description as the season has gone on. At first it was he will give you 15ppg, then 15-12pgg then you should get 10ppg out of him. And eventually he was brought in as a great locker room guy... You have issues with the fans cracking, dont bite here, go to Joey! This forum is to discuss such things as poor imports match play etc thats what makes it great.

Reply #565951 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

^Feeling duped...do you honestly hear yourself?

Like your money should guarantee you a MVP ever year.

Serious sense of entitlement issues.

I am more than happy to have a dialogue about players and their production, but attacks like out of shape or over the hill or Ebi got th gig because of Joey are really counter-productive.

As I explained in the other Ebi thread, his production in Per 40 mins terms isn't that bad, especially when you look at other senior players like Gibbo.

The team is improving and already in the top 4. Its onwards and upwards from here.

Reply #565952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joeys loves his wing man so enough said

Reply #565954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am very grateful he plays for Adelaide and not my team

Reply #565968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hush marcus hush...

Reply #565969 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Feel duped when he take fat over athletic. But thankgod your happy to discuss these things Camby where would we be without your input. Never counter productive to discuss facts bud.

Reply #565970 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

^ Again with the Sense of Entitlement.

You pay your money for a seat at the game, you don't get guarantees of superstar imports.

No one does.

Reply #565981 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

And if clubs don't select players that will perform to NBL level import level, no guarantees the fans will come.

Reply #566008 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

^ How does any of what you just typed excuse the use of the word 'duped'?

Reply #566014 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Fans aren't stupid, the talent is available. When a coach brings in a mate that is heavily out of playing condition and the team suffers for it, we feel duped, ripped off, because we could've had a better player. Fans do feel a sense of entitlement, its what leads to the passion and unconditional love they have for their team. Its want separates the cause from the die hard. Its not always rational, but its unconditional. When we die hards feel we didn't get the best man fro the job we feel duped and ripped off, I do anyways. Didn't need a superstar just needed a go to scorer who could potentially make important shots when needed. They are out there we just dont have one, and it sucks.

Reply #566015 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

You people are clearly going against the wishes of op. For shame.

Reply #566017 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Haha smooch thats funny! My bad ;)

Reply #566021 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Ebi Ere will not be replaced unless he gets seriously injured!!
Joey wanted Ebi last year but failed,in fact Ebi was free and rang Joey wanting to be an import.Joey coudnt be happier,However Joey didnt know he has put on some weight.
Slipped into the country unnoticed.Joey and Ebi good mates and Joey wont release Ebi in a hurry.

Ebi is experienced veteran no doubt,he might come good later or not,as if Sixers make finals great.

Stop Bragging on about Ebi,if Sixers bottom of ladder now then you can talk all you like.

Reply #566023 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Observer me not compute you say.... that was a weird rant.

Reply #566024 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

See if im right...Kobe

Reply #566030 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

What are you intending on being right about though, you've just sort of tried to spell out all the issues we all know about. Joey wanted him here, has tried previously, he came in fat and thats about it. Are you saying he will come good or that he simply might even though there has been minimal reason to believe so....

Reply #566033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi Ere is a fat lump

Reply #566036 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I think he's improved physically over the season so far...I also would love to know $$ for him and if we could get better for similar $$..Mostly as I see Randal being a excellent import and if we had 1 more of similar talent we could challenge.

Reply #566101 | Report this post

Mooks  
Years ago

Sounds like you guys need Mark Davis 2.0

Reply #566208 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

lol

Reply #566263 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It would be disappointing if the 36ers haven't been sussing out what's available in the same price range.

Reply #566266 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yes Paul it would be very disappointing, yet I reckon they haven't been looking. Again no other import performing like he has would still be in a 36er jersey, so people have started wondering what other reasons are behind it. Friendship links etc...

Reply #566277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:44 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754