Jick
Years ago

What is the best NBA team for Ben Simmons?

I like him at Boston (via Brooklyn's pick). Excellent coach, will get minutes straight away but will not be expected to carry the team.

Minnesota would be another interesting one, though I prefer Simmons at small forward and they'll probably win too many game to have a shot at #1. Still, imagine a Towns-Wiggins-Simmons frontcourt, geez!!

Topic #38529 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he will end up in Philly, dammit, although I suppose Okafor, Noel, Simmons is a pretty good front court to build around, with MCW and Saric that team would've been crazy. Now without MCW they will need a good pg and to bring Saric over next year

Reply #566223 | Report this post

Pat  
Years ago

If Pelicans, keep losing.

Davis and Simmons.. too good.

Reply #566225 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Lakers will end up with no.1 pick.
Perfect timing will keep franchise relevant which the NBa needs

Reply #566227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons along with Okafor, Noel, MCW & Saric? Not one average shooter from the 3 amongst them

Reply #566228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MCW is no longer with the 76ers for those playing along at home.

Reply #566229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Would've'
Meaning 'would have' been if he had stayed.
Not 'would', meaning it could still be possible.
English lesson for those playing at home.

Reply #566230 | Report this post

Blowout Troll  
Years ago

What is Simmons jump shot like?

Reply #566232 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Wherever Josh Smith gets traded. I reckon he could teach Ben quite a bit on how to play the game.

Reply #566233 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

He'll be a Laker

Reply #566235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be a 76er. These guys are finding different ways to lose. Tank masters

Reply #566236 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Boston of course. That way he is on my favourite team and I can only watch so many games on League pass with Aussies in them on one day. I also think he would work really well there.

Reply #566238 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Lakers or Celtics would be ideal for Simmons and Aussie hoops in general.

Reply #566239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Lakers. He'll become a household name there.

Reply #566240 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"He will be a [NBA team]"

Do you guys understand how the draft *lottery* works?

Reply #566241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'll become a household name wherever he goes

Reply #566242 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Celtics would be a great fit with Brad Stevens and a fairly talent-laden roster for a rebuilding franchise.

Minnesota and perhaps Philly could work too in the long-run.

I'm just praying that the Lakers get their act together, if only well enough to lose their top-3 protected pick.

Reply #566244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers will have worst record therefore they will have 25% chance in lottery. Is that how it works?

Reply #566245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As A philly Fan, of course I hope up. Simmons/Noel/Okafor/Embiid(*)/Saric and potentially another top 5-6 pick depending on how things go with the Lakers would be a pretty darn nice core to build around.

MCW is very overrated btw. The bucks have gotten considerably worse since he got there.

Reply #566247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*Hope us, sorry.

Reply #566248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's going to Brisbane Bullets on a 2 year deal + 10 percent of the door takings

Reply #566250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pelicans please

We are in desperate need of a small forward

Reply #566253 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Warriors..

Reply #566261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pelicans are also in desperate need of a PF

Reply #566267 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Boston and Denver would both be great fits as they've got lots of talent but no real star. Both teams (especially the Celtics) have plenty of assets to build around Simmons and those parts that work while trading the others for better fits.

While I hate the lakers, he would be a good fit there too and brilliant for publicity.

Philly have got lots of assets but at some point they've gotta start to show some sort of winning culture yeah?

Reply #566270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pelicans also need guys who can stay on the floor and justify the contracts they're on (Evans, Gordon, Holiday)

Reply #566271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pelicans gonna blow it up so its a long term project same as Philly so hopefully none of the get him.

Orlando would be good or maybe New York.

Boston is preferred over lakes as let's be frank the lakers owners are showing that daddy had all the smarts & they got gifted the jobs so let's hope he doesn't go there!

Current structure of the league shows you don't need a Big market to make the cash now just be a gun and it'll happen both on & off court!

Reply #566272 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Simmons as a Laker is what is best for business for Basketball in Australia

Reply #566280 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

New York can't happen. They don't own their pick

Reply #566283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Scott!

Reply #566285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons a Laker is best business for everyone (NBA, Basketball, Basketball Australia).

Reply #566308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Pelicans gonna blow it up so its a long term project same as Philly so hopefully none of the get him.'

This is untrue

Reply #566339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cleveland to trade for a probable late lottery pick, league rigs it again so they get number 1 just so Lebron can get more help and beat the west.

Reply #566367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utah trade Hayward after the All Star break for a first rounder, Trey Burke for what ever and drive the tank to the lottery and somehow land pick one. Would be killer. Small market ftw.

Reply #566415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anywhere. All the lottery teams need pieces and have minutes. Lakers and Celtics are both thin at SF. Would be great to have him at a big name franchise like either of those.

The r/NBA chatter on Simmons is very negative about his lack of a shot. Is it that bad? Yet to attempt a three at LSU.

Saw a few people saying that the 76ers would be a bad fit given that their bigs (Noel and Okafor, ignoring Embiid) don't have range.

Reply #566435 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Simmons is a four in the NBA imo.

Reply #566440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He showed in preseason down here that he can hit it from the outside, but it's definitely a weakness in his game. Then again, so what? Magic was never a great perimeter shooter, especially early on, and LeBron has never been as consistent from the outside as you'd like. Big names to compare him to I know, but in my opinion this kid is a generational talent. He'll fit in anywhere, and he'll improve his game as the years go on. If he keeps working hard, keeps his head on straight and does the right things on and off the court, his ceiling is virtually unlimited given the size/skillset combo.

Reply #566452 | Report this post

Pat  
Years ago

D'Angelo Russell avging 2.9 asts a game?

Might even be seeing Simmons at the point at the Lakers.

Either Celtics or Lakers would be awesome for the league.

Reply #566484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons to Philly. Potentially murray also..
Brett brown brings delly over from cavs to throw lobs to highly athletic team.
Bring some other quality bigs and maybe a couple of pure shooters.

Canaan/Delly/McConnell
Murray/stauskas/Thompson
Simmons/Covington/grant
Noel/
Okafor/embiid

Reply #566685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if philly don't get Murray early on...
They get to choose from a quality pf in rabb, bender, sabonis, Diallo etc

Reply #566686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boston to play for one of the best young coaches in the league. Too much expectation and not enough coaching in LA, and wouldn't trust Philly to attempt winning any time in the next 5 years. Simmons and Antetokounmpo would be a ridiculous combo in Milwaukee but I agree with Callisto that Simmons is a 4 in the NBA and Bucks already have Parker there.

Reply #566748 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Philly, so he can then be traded to a contender for draft picks as the 76ers continue their brilliant long-term strategy..

Reply #566753 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dario Saric is a SF/PF, so competition for Simmons if he were at the 76ers and they didn't make trades.

With a strong coach in Boston, that'd be great.

Lakers are a disaster right now.

Reply #566776 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754