Anonymous
Years ago

Kings are the jokers of the NBL

Im sorry but Josh childress isn't the Kings savour who will get them into the nbl finals.

He had a great come back game against the hawks. They showed once again they are not a team that play defense!!

The player rotations makes my head spin and I can only imagine what the players are going thru when from one week to the next they have no idea of who's starting or coming off the bench.

And the coaching is the same with the recent addition of this Connelly guy to the coaching staff. Who is he and why is he here is what the Knight & Jackomas should be thinking!!

Watching the team over the last month my assessment Team Chemistry is 1 out of 10 and I don't think it will get any better.

It is a real shame the Kings are not even half way thru the season is at such low and judging by the way this season has been handled, there is no one with in the coaching staff, players and definitely not the ownership group can repair the kings reputation in the basketball community.

They once was an NBL team that sporting codes around the country use to admire.

Now when the kings name is mention in conversation people ask the questions.. What happen to them!!

Topic #38547 | Report this topic

"They once was an NBL team that sporting codes around the country use to admire."

When was this?

Reply #566720 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Hahaha, and which sporting codes exactly????

Reply #566723 | Report this post

Pat  
Years ago

Possibly when McClain, Trimmingham, Uhtoff and Keogh were playing..

Reply #566729 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah pat Im with you, were my second fav team back in the day when I first got into the NBL. The D-Train was the man as far as everyone as primary school thought. And they were the best chance to beat the Magic for a while there too, but then Rob Rose happened!

Reply #566749 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

There is a reason Sydney Kings became known as the Violet Crumbles. I have respect that they won 3 championships in a row (not many teams can say that) but since then its not been an easy life.

They seem to treat Goorjan as the messiah

Reply #566878 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Im sorry but Josh childress isn't the Kings savour who will get them into the nbl finals. He had a great come back game against the hawks."

He was completely out of touch! Give him a couple of games to actually look coordinated again and then judge how competitive the Kings will be for the rest of the season.

Reply #566884 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He's out of touch
They're out of time
But they're out of their heads when he's not around

Reply #566885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They seem to treat Goorjan as the messiah

He was, him and Billy T. What's Billy t doing now he should come back to coach.

Reply #566894 | Report this post

He couldn't do worse than his last stint as coach, could he?

Reply #566896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both are 3 still in china. Neither interested in the nbl.

Reply #566897 | Report this post

Juice Bronson  
Years ago

As in Billy Tomlinson? LOL I don't think the NBL is interested in him either so that is a definite win win situation!! I would always welcome The Goorj back though. A bit more stability and money in the league and who knows it could happen.

Reply #566899 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

What's Goorjans record been like in teams he has coached after the Kings? like Win/Loss

Reply #566903 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I read Damien Keogh's book recently, the Kings of now sound very similar to the Kings of the 90s.

Reply #566904 | Report this post

His son doesn't look interested in the NBL either. Worst body language of anyone in the league that isn't named Wortho.

Reply #566919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings apart from Goorjian period have always been a joke. Remember it's the way it shatters that matters.

Reply #568280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754