Anonymous
Years ago

WNBL Round 8

Saturday - Rangers V Flames, Caps V Boomers, Fire V Lynx
Sunday - Lightning V Spirit, Stars V Lynx

Looks like the Rangers will be live streaming their game against the Flames - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziY5Pg6bO-Y
Will be tough against an inform Flames.

Plus another good test for the Lynx with the Queensland double.

Can the Caps get a W on the board this round at home against the Boomers?

Topic #38554 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Massive test for the Lynx. If we can get 1 of the 2 I'd happily take that. Don't know why they couldn't have scheduled us for Friday-Sunday though. Saturday night in Townville followed by Sunday arvo in Brisbane is a big ask from Perth!

With the Boomers and Spirit so up & down with form lately, wins by Adelaide & Canberra are not out of the question.

Reply #566917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking forward to the Flames going clear at the top...

Reply #566949 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Its funny even discussing the possibility of Canberra getting a win over the Boomers.

Reply #566966 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Looking forward to the Flames going clear at the top..."

Not today though.

"Its funny even discussing the possibility of Canberra getting a win over the Boomers."

Caps came up short but to their credit they made a game of it.

Reply #567214 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Up 5 with 5 minutes to go and then it all imploded in a hurry for the Lynx :(

By no means a shame to lose in Townsville, but a great opportunity blown. Couldn't match them on the boards by the looks of things. Mijovic grabbing just 1 is not good enough.

Reply #567230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Went and watched the Caps last night that venue at Tuggeranong isn't good enough for WNBL. Floor uneven, lighting horrendous, no fouls shown on the scoreboard it was broken and no air conditioning. Live stats didn't work and then it seemed the computers all broke. You could see both the coaching staff trying to work out who has fouls. And the Caps tried but not good enough sadly

Reply #567257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Lynx looked great. It's been a long time since they've had a legit team.

Reply #567260 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Tell me about it! 15 long years ...

Reply #567268 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lynx take sole possession of top spot after thumping the Stars 85-64 in their own house :D

Very even performance with all Perth starters scoring 12+ and all but Lavey pulling in 6+ boards.
Great defensive effort keeping them to 26/70 from the field and winning the boards 43-27.

I hear that things might not be as harmonious in SEQ lately as they would like.

Reply #567311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are totally correct and coach is the problem. His history as coach wherever he goes proves that !

Reply #567312 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Really not the type of drama that a brand new franchise needs. They'd had such a bright start too in terms of excellent results despite some difficult circumstances.

People management is a vital aspect of coaching.

Reply #567316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anyone is looking for a good coach Damian Cotter suddenly has a lot of free time. Just sayin'

Reply #567319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stallworth didn't play today, is she hurt or is that part of the above issues that have kind of been spoke about?

Reply #567320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stallworth wasn't even at the game on the bench.

Reply #567335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No bowen for adelaide today?

Reply #567337 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Stallworth has gone home.

Reply #567338 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Is her home in the ACT?

Reply #567353 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bowen is injured

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/injured-lightning-co-captain-out-of-key-wnbl-home-contest-against-marauding-bendigo/story-fnii09gt-1227626172078

Reply #567354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was Laney not Lavey with 7 rebounds..to go with 18 points. Deserves the mention.

Reply #567355 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

You probably misread my post, but yes, yet another solid game by Laney. Slowish start to the season but she has become a very versatile player at both ends of the floor. Doesn't get much fanfare but has been really important for us at the 3 spot.

Reply #567356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Laney was great against TSV. She had the ball on a string. Surprising that she played the least minutes of the starters; her and Whitcomb were killing it.

Reply #567374 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sorry not sorry, because it was literally last century when I was last able to do this

Reply #567387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide vs Bendigo
Refs ruined what could of been a good game, very quick on the whistle both ways and some very soft fouls and missed plenty of obvious one's.
Bendigo seemed to dominate the boards (not sure of the final stats), plenty of 2nd chance points. Ruef had a quiet game for Adelaide, Standish the only real low post threat for Lightning.
Could of helped Adelaide's cause if they ran Snell off the 3 point line, too many open shots for such a quality shooter.
Mitchell had the hot hand for Adelaide but needed to be more selfish. They missed Kelly Bowen who has been in good shooting form of late.
Not a bad crowd considering the lead up to Xmas.

Reply #567390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Luuuc a little bit of a reverse jinx a few weeks ago when you were saying that the Lynx weren't that good (saying you had concerns over their depth)?

Really fun team, play fast, have some nice outside shooting and some inside play. I hope they challenge for the title.

Reply #567495 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I did indeed have concerns about our depth, but after saying that suddenly Carley Mijovic started firing up in a big way and Izzy Chilcott chipped in with some handy performances too.
Carley went back to quiet mode this weekend unfortunately but it's nice to know she's got some good games in her. I also think we've had a few favourable circumstances this season in terms of opponents missing important players right when we were due to play them.

I really can't complain about the way we're playing though. It's an entertaining style to watch (I'm sure Sami is gaining fans with each new city she plays in), and the results to date speak for themselves. Andy Stewart is doing a great job.

Reply #567510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as he deserves credit for their record, Andy Stewart should shoulder the weight of the blame for the collapse against the Fire. He could have managed the 4th Q much better; both his substitutions and his timeouts.

Reply #567631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754