Centrals DIV 1 14's

The Centrals boys played a great game tonight against a good Mavs team in the 14's div1 comp and came out with a Hard fought win after attacking a 16 point buffer in the first half. Some great rebounding by Jake Holness and great plays by Young Scottie they slowly fought back. Ramiah Simpson Ky Oliver, and Jordan Centneria hit some tough shots including a great over the heard reverese lay-up by Ky to give them the lead. The Mavs also had some great players but unsure of names. Well Done Boys

Topic #3856 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares? many teams win on friday night, what the hell is so special about these two teams?

Reply #44879 | Report this post

Glenn S  
Years ago

I think the difference is maybe someone is proud of the way they played, the flow of that game, and the sportmanship of their opponents. I think more posts like this would make for a better forum. Information without berating someone ... congratulations to both the lions and the mavs on a well played game.

Reply #44880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fair enuff but mentioning under 14s? wtf

Reply #44881 | Report this post

Under 14 is the first step towards the NBA...look out the lions are on the move.

i sure we will hear all about it again, and again...and again.

Reply #44889 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

Great to see some enthusiasm for the boys, but keep in mind the forum guidlines

"Please try to avoid naming players who are under the age of 18, unless they have played at a higher level (AIS, ABL, etc). This is encouraged rather than being a strict rule, and it is done so at the request of a few coaches who are concerned about the potential effects of public discussion of player performance on young players."

Well done on the win, though!

Reply #44895 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I hear that Centrals have pulled out of Under 12 Boys Div 1. Is this true?

Reply #44907 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Centrals hav no under 10 boys teams. 1 under 12 boys team and 3 under 14 boys teams. By the new season they will have no under 10's, no under 12's and just 1 under 14 boys team made up of div 2 and div 4 players who will be forced to play div1.

Reply #44929 | Report this post

jord  
Years ago

i reckon centrals isnt the strongest club, but they will get better and better as they go on. Its just gonna take a while. And good job on the win centrals

Reply #44931 | Report this post

jord  
Years ago

like i said they will get better and better

Reply #44933 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Glen Hosking deserves a pat on the back and the boyz deserv a chheer for the great effort, but the fact remains, the club is goin backwards!

Reply #44937 | Report this post

jord  
Years ago

Glenn does deserve a pat on the back for a nice comeback from 20points down. and i still do think that the club will start going forwoards soon

Reply #44939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whilst it is good that centrals people wish to talk themselves up it isn't the forum to do it maybe a club only website or forum

after all you have too many detractors here from the informed ones who think that only their clubs can do right and everyone else is lagging far behind to those idiots who have nothing better to do that bag anyone trying to better themselves

so whilst well done and i wish the team and centrals the best

please please please for the yawn factor of many on here please lets not start a centrals bashing thread on here.

Reply #44942 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

congratulations to the boys a very good game to watch

Reply #44966 | Report this post

Centrals bashing? but it is so much fun...

Power bashing >>>>> Centrals Bashing so much fun.

Reply #45041 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

so, how many games did centrals juniors play on friday night?

Of those played, how many did they win, how many did they lose and how many did they forfeit?

Reply #45043 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

Does it really matter how many they lost/forfeit (and I dont know for the record anyway).
Who gives a $%#&. The post is about giving the boys encouragement or isnt that allowed because they arent one of the top teams. Why cant a proud lion supporter come on to a basketball website and congradulate a team for a win which was well deserved.
If everyone gave a bit more praise to the juniors for a good well done it would certainly boost morale. And not just centrals but all teams.

Reply #45048 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

read my first post - (#44895)

if all teams that won came on here to "congradulate" their team there would be hundreds of threads every week.

how can you (not you personally)blindly praise one team and then say

"look out the lions are on the move.
"

while some teams are losing by 30+ points against a team with only 5 players, and other lions (div 1 teams) dont can't even field a team.

Reply #45053 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

so what lions div one team couldnt field a team?

Reply #45056 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

u16 boys

Reply #45057 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

I was there on Friday night and U16 boys did play against the Mavs. Certainly had more than five boys.

Reply #45058 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

if so, im sorry.

I spoke to a parent from mavs on saturday who said they forfeited.

if you were there, you would know other results...

care to enlighten us.

Reply #45059 | Report this post

enigma  
Years ago

Im pretty sure they played as they were before the U18 boys game against the mavs. Mavs won but dont know the score. Mavs had a player with the number 21.......I only remember him as he played in U16 one year against my son, pretty sure he would then be a second yr U16.

Reply #45060 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

Reply #45110 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

it is a forum - you can post anything to do with basketabll - if toom any results post - isaac can create a category

Reply #45118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

little trevor, u14 div 1 boys won, u16 boys lost and u18 div 1 boys won, U20 boys didnt play because EASTERN dont have an u20 team. I would say the u14 girls won. DOnt know about any other teams. no one forfeited. If you dont like the thread just leave.

you shouldnt ask such questions because the truth may just hurt u!

Reply #45133 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

anon - like i said, i was told second hand information.

I couldn't care either way, i just find it amusing that a club struggling as much as centrals (no, i am not centrals bashing), would gloat about winning one game. The results i heard (mainly girls results) weren't in centrals favour.

My interests are with another club, so the truth doesn't fase me, just trying to find out what the truth is.

when did i ever say i didn't like the thread, dont get so defensive...

Reply #45150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firstly, I am not in anyway associated with Centrals. People complain about the lack of competition and the need for pro/rel to make the competition better and on the other hand try to detract from efforts of one team to improve.

Centrals U14's have certainly improved from the beginning of the summer season. They appear to have improved their team cohesion and as a team should be commended on their commitment to improvement and having achieved some improvement. I am sure they will acknowledge they have some way to go but at least they have taken the first steps and improvements are noticeable. Get off their back and at least let this team savour the fruits of their efforts.

Well done to the Centrals U14 D1 boys.

Reply #45173 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754