Anonymous
Years ago

Goulding incident dropped

Why was the parent, the child and surrounding supporters not interviewed about this alleged incident according to reports ? Not investigated further adding more to many things not sitting right when it comes to certain players and teams. Poor form NBL and becoming a credibility issue.

Topic #38578 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was alleged?

Reply #567573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would like to know as well. Im a united fan and have been supportive of this team from day one but if this is the kind of mentality of players on the team have i will probably have to re think if i will support them. from what i have heard goulding was verbally abusive towards the child and father on the courtside.

Reply #567575 | Report this post

Or was he abusive to the father, who happened to be sitting with his child?

Reply #567578 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Oh I can see where this is going to go....

"The NBL is conspiring to give United the title..." scream the 6ers sooks!!

Reply #567579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no context makes it sound like anything could of happened, including "bad touch"

Reply #567581 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If an incident can't be sorted out in 11 years then it should definitely be dropped. Fair enough I say.

Reply #567584 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

That's the way I interpreted it too Luuuc

Reply #567585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

me too but then realised it was something else, next thought was bad touch

Reply #567586 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti today:

Meanwhile, back in Queensland, Melbourne's Chris Goulding and a spectator had a post-game disagreement in Townsville before Cairns' Matt Burston got overtly physical with Adelaide's Jerome Randle.

Subsequent investigations cleared Goulding of any wrongdoing - it does take two to tango and it's not as if he initiated the exchange - and also found Burston should have been called for a foul for his over-exuberant screen on Randle.
So, a fan started something with Goulding and he responded?

Reply #567618 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

Apparently:

"The NBL already is investigating allegations against Melbourne superstar Chris Goulding in the aftermath of United's narrow 66-63 escape in Townsville on Thursday.

A young boy in the crowd allegedly taunted him for his tendency to "flop", prompting a staredown at which point the 11-year-old’s father intervened, suggesting Goulding let it go.

Witness accounts say Goulding instead exacerbated the situation.

NBL general manager Jeremy Loeliger confirmed yesterday the league was aware of the incident and looking into it."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-want-cairns-centre-matt-burston-cited-for-hard-hit-on-nbl-import-jerome-randle/story-fni2flm6-1227627272669

Reply #567620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ooh - he stared at someone. Let's suspend him for the rest of the season. The United bashing/conspiracy theories are getting really boring.

Reply #567622 | Report this post

Goulding should have flopped, the spectators would have been ejected and the legacy would continue.

Reply #567623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know about conspiracy theories.....but anyone who can "stare down" an 11 year old obviously shouldn't be messed with

Reply #567624 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I mean its not as if the 11 year old was saying something false about Chris.

Reply #567625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably that fat kid that dresses up in full uniform at crocs game and sits near the baseline. Looks like a smartarse. He could prob take Goulding though in a few years time though lol

Reply #567637 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Chris was probably thinking of something clever to say as a retort ......after 20 seconds staring he should of just conceded that the 11 year old had him covered.

Reply #567639 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Maxymoo wins the hoops forum for tonight.

Reply #567642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HahsAshahah

Reply #567652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is a flog...enough said. Why would you even stare down an 11 year old kid, that says a lot about his character right there.

Reply #567656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Isaac, there is at least one small ball in this thread, bloody funny stuff!

Reply #567660 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Ooh - he stared at someone. Let's suspend him for the rest of the season. The United bashing/conspiracy theories are getting really boring.

And here come the faithful defending someone for getting into it with a kid... If you read it, it's not because he stared a kid down (that's just ridiculous that a grown arse man would do that) it's because he took it further once the father felt like he needed to step in... If a dad has to step in between someone confronting his kid, that's a serious matter... If Bubbles doesn't want to get heckled for flopping, stop being a flopping twat, or take it like a man... Plenty of players get heckled without losing a battle of wits with an 11yr old... Maybe if he wasn't shooting 20% he would have taken it a bit better? He doesn't mind putting on a show when he's well in front and nailing them from the carpark...

Reply #567665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is the funny side of it though, even the chance that he reacted because he lost a battle of wits to an 11 year old, is hilarious in itself.

Reply #567666 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Post #623 FTW!

Reply #567673 | Report this post

Dennis21  
Years ago

I've witnessed how Chris treats young children and I would 100% say he is the best in the league. Everyone can talk all the rubbish they want and jump on the hating bandwagon but reality is I see at least 4 flops a game but only When Chris flops it's a big issue. Just typical Fans hating on a Aussie superstar because he has single handedly beaten their team!

Reply #567677 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ahh yes, the "haterz!!" defence. Checkmate.

Reply #567680 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

People don't hate on Goulding because his team beats them They have little respect for him because of the little respect he appears to have for others and the integrity of the game with his flopping amongst other performances he puts on to the detriment of others. He is smug and no one likes someone smug unless they are on your team and then some would no longer support a team with someone of his attitude in it. JUst like the Goodes issue, many dislike him because of the attitude. yes there were some that are racist but many are not, they just do not like his attitude either. We all have players we respect on other teams even if they beat us and we all say fair play to them, but Goulding is another deal all together.

Reply #567683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis21...people get on Redhage and have for some time regarding flopping. People also got on Patty Mills when playing for the Tigers with his flopping.

Goulding is a perennial flopper and now has that reputation. Aside from that he decides to get into it with an 11 year old kid, that's just weak in itself much like your argument!

Reply #567687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Case dropped because there was no evidence. Game was filmed and yet nothing was seen? Blown out.

He stared at a fan. His father mouthed off and Chris walked away. This happens a lot.

Reply #567689 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

89 - that's the point they did not find out what was said as they allegedly did not ask anyone in the vicinity or the those involved. He should get at least a warning of getting in to it with a kid. He could ask one of the bench assistants to have a word with security who would have willingly had a chat with the lad and his dad.

Reply #567696 | Report this post

If the game was in Townsville, there was probably no one else in the vicinity.

Reply #567698 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

agreed Chalmers.
If it was in Townsville there would have only been 3 or 4 fans in the building, not a lot of people to question and there were a lot of people of FB who reckoned they were there when it went down.

Reply #567712 | Report this post

Dennis21  
Years ago

Yes, he does have a smug attitude on the court but that comes with the swagger. I don't have a problem with anyone flopping. Yes, it's a bad look for the game but it's not up to the players to stop it, it's up to the referees. Just like in AFL players will duck there head to get a free kick if the umpires will pay it. In NRL, players will grapple the ball handler to wear them down if the ref allows it. Why not do it? When you're out on the court or field you have to turn into a competitive beast and legally do whatever it takes to win. If a player can sell the contact and the ref pays it then it's not the players fault for paying the foul. Also most players are entirely different people off the court, don't have a judgement on a player if you haven't seen them off the court. Talking about all athletes here just not Goulding.

Reply #567730 | Report this post

Dennis21  
Years ago

And before others get in, I don't know Goulding, I don't know any player. I have just been to games and seen the way most players act off court so I keep my judgement neutral.

Reply #567732 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Pet hate of mine is when you're saying something factual and people come out with the "Haters" call.

No, were not hating. We're speaking in facts. Goulding flops/ he is a flopper.

It's not hating if you're giving facts as far as I'm concerned.

Reply #567749 | Report this post

Dennis21  
Years ago

Yeah you're right MACDUB, it's not hating when the truth is being spoken. Goulding is a flopper. But what is hating is when the flopping is done by anyone regularly other then Goulding or Redhage and is just ignored because it's not them then I believe that definetly is.

Reply #567752 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

And Chewbacca lives on the Planet Endor!!!!!

Reply #567757 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I agree that the league needs to reward good defence with good calls. Players shouldn't need to sell the contact to get a charge call.
That isn't what Goulding is up to though, he's creating contact and then exaggerating it to fool the refs into making a poor call.

It isn't cool or nice to watch and it also makes the league and the refs look like chumps to the casual observer and is worse being as Goulding is marketed as a "Superstar" in the NBL. He (Goulding) needs to act like it, quit the moaning every time he gets called for an obvious foul and quit with the grabbing and touching of the refs and play some basketball.

Reply #567786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this even a thread.
Matter was dropped.

Reply #567789 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Credibility. If Goulding wants to keep looking like a smug pratt and thinks we will all buy it if the refs do by all means but as Dr Phil says, how is that working for you ? Maybe the NBA coaches are smarter than the refs and see through it. THey have less tolerance than here for the antics he puts out. le born can get away with it cause he is a superstar, but the likes of Stephenson can't and he is falling fast. Clubs want to avoid this kind of thing as its bad for them on and off court. So Goulding if you and your fans want to keep it up fine. But be prepared to be called out on it. Redhage and the rest will continue to receive the same contempt as well from those that respect the game.

Reply #567807 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^^ good post Anon. I'm CG43s number 1 fan and agree with everything you said.

This league needs him to be a better champion.

Reply #567825 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He isn't a champion as he hasn't won squat

Reply #567842 | Report this post

flippity  
Years ago

Why is he so well regarded by the commentator's?
Every game I've seen him play he never passes, just goes for the Steph Curry type 3s,
Misses frequently, has embarrassing bravado incidents with the opposition where he always comes of second best, spends more time on the floor than a breakdancer, is constantly put to shame by Holts superior ability, needs a haircut and a shave, looks more like a soccer player. Send him back to Hobart , Uniteds coach really needs to pull him more often off the court

Reply #567844 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

The father should step in and teach his son to respect adults.. I think what chris did was pretty reserved and necessary. It doesn't seem like this dad is interested in raising a respectful child. Slagging is not acceptable in any context or arena no matter how much of a tool the player is. Cheer for your team, keep the insults to yourself.

Reply #567845 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

@flippity

You obviously haven't watched him play much. Has far more game than just putting up 3's. Your ignorance and obvious bias makes you look stupid.

Reply #567849 | Report this post

fliipity  
Years ago

@ Rolfcopter

sick burn bro

gun for hire player, no loyalty to clubs, in United playing like his best years are behind him, and now has a reputation for flopping, but please tell me more about how amazing a grown man that stares down an 11 year old is..

Reply #567861 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

LOL

Reply #567892 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Two arguments here I spose:

1) You have an accepted sport culture of sledging opponents, trash talk etc.

but

2) You have young sh#ts who some parents don't control better or teach respect and who end up turning into bigger sh#ts in the future for society because they don't respect anyone..

Reply #567899 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754