Anonymous
Years ago

Junior finals hypothetical?

A club has 2 teams in the same division with equal talent, team 1 are in finals consideration in final weeks, team 2 is out because of injuries to a couple of their best players. When they play each other in final rounds, team 2 is up by a couple with a minute to play. Should team 2 throw the game to help their club to have at least 1 team in finals due to bsa only having a top 2 playoff for summer. Car racing, cycling does it I believe on team orders.
It looked like it happened in one grade last winter when the top team mysteriously lost to the 4th placed team from the same club sealing their spot in the finals in the last week.

Topic #38603 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on how many sheep stations are up for grabs

Reply #568621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pfft. A fourth-placed team could beat a first-placed team anytime. Grabbing at straws much?

Reply #568622 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

i love how this is an issue
let the kids play and who ever wins wins.
you dont deserve to be in finals if a team you are ment to beat, beats you.

Reply #568641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask PM. He does this every year at State Champs, or tries.

Reply #568648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could go either way. no big deal IMO

Reply #568654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

648 - that is blatantly false. Nearly every year a "point scoring" Sturt team finishes lower than a "non scoring" Sturt team - often losing to the non-scoring Sturt team. In fact, I believe one team Mesecke coaches was in this scenario THIS year.

But nice try...

Reply #568697 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Last year my Jr team won the GF from 4th.....we ended up meeting the 3rd placed team in the GF - it happens.

The way you are posing the questions makes me think you didn't even see the contest, but congrats on assuming the worst case scenario.

It's kids basketball - reflect on your own club/team and ask did they get better + are they having fun?

That's all that matters.

Reply #568990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754