Dunk Basketball Uniforms Aussie Basketball Travellers
NBL.TV - get it now!

Train
Two years ago

Damian Martin

I'll probably cop some flack for starting this thread but stuff it, the guy is worthy of it. His defence tonight was inspirational, I was up off my chair with his efforts.

Heres a guy that had his face smashed in and jaw broken a month ago, cops a whack and loses wiring 3 nights ago and then comes out and plays a huge role in tonight win against the 36ers.

You can't put a price on this guys worth, the Cats are a far greater team with him on the court.

Report this topic

Kobe24
Two years ago
00:55 5 Dec 15

Reply #568970

re: Damian Martin

Train, the guy is a gun, he is humble and that alone makes I'm likeable. Automatic game changer type, gives you '90's import' type difference. Lucky to have him.

Report this post

Train
Two years ago
00:56 5 Dec 15

Reply #568972

Its not easy being a likeable player when your playing for Perth but he does well lol

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
00:57 5 Dec 15

Reply #568973

Hawks fans no doubt drooling watching that game knowing they'll have him there next season

Report this post

Train
Two years ago
00:58 5 Dec 15

Reply #568974

Because every superstar wants to go play for a team thats been to zero playoffs in a row ? ;)

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
01:11 5 Dec 15

Reply #568975

Awesome player can't wait to see him and matt knight next year in Hawks gear

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
01:14 5 Dec 15

Reply #568977

I do think enough seasons have passed from where "he never complains" that the commentators can't seriously say it anymore. It was true once. It's true anymore.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
01:23 5 Dec 15

Reply #568978

Damo is not leaving Perth. You can take that to the bank.

Report this post

Kobe24
Two years ago
01:26 5 Dec 15

Reply #568979

Well if he stays it'll be Damo taking it to the bank! ;)

Report this post

Anon
Two years ago
02:20 5 Dec 15

Reply #568988

Matty is about to have baby #2 and is settled so can't see that happening. Nor can I see Damo leaving.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
02:48 5 Dec 15

Reply #568991

Terribly unsettling for toddlers moving cities, having to make new friends at creche, packing up all the toys and little golden books, changing finger paint suppliers. Bugger dad who wants to go play for a coach he respects and trusts.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
03:38 5 Dec 15

Reply #568994

Why would anyone in their right mind leave a super club like Perth which has a guranteed 12 thousand a night turnout, is a playoffs guaranteed team every year for a team like the Hawks who could go under at any minute?

Report this post

Fuckwit Anonytroll
Two years ago
04:03 5 Dec 15

Reply #568995

Yeah Per suks, everyone is going to leave because they pay everyone too much money and cheat
and because the refs are all on the take
and because Gleeson sucks and only wun cos he had Ennis...

Maybe the above could be permanently added to the Hoops footer, to save the hassle of posting it in every thread.

Report this post

proud
Two years ago
05:00 5 Dec 15

Reply #568999

I wonder if his Dream Team value has dropped... I'll have to grab him next Round.

Truly awesome and it made me think that yes he has been injured but surely with performances like that he has to still be in defensive player of the year conversation?

I hope Damo wins the Damien Martin award for the 6th year in a row... Or so that next year?

Report this post

Peter
Two years ago
07:33 5 Dec 15

Reply #569005

Gleeson was the one who gave DAMO a spot on the boomers team, they have a great relationship.

Report this post

Tim
Two years ago
08:29 5 Dec 15

Reply #569009

Damo playing super basketball under Gleeson.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
08:39 5 Dec 15

Reply #569011

Yeah it's a bit like last season when someone guaranteed Worthington wasn't going anywhere as well.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
11:34 5 Dec 15

Reply #569054

Martin is greater than Gibbo...should be on the Boomers in his place!

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
11:39 5 Dec 15

Reply #569055

what's that about 12000 a night turnout? crowd looked pretty ordinary on tv last night from what I could see. if last season was 12000 then last night was lucky to be 8000

Report this post

alexkrad
Two years ago
12:38 5 Dec 15

Reply #569069

Wonder if Lemanis taking Bullets role will open up for Bevo who will be out of contract to slide into the Boomers gig he has been dreaming about for 10 years instead of coaching the constant threat of voluntary administration Hawks..

Report this post

TimberBall
Two years ago
15:32 5 Dec 15

Reply #569116

Anon #569055, TV doesnt pick up the top 2/3 of the arena, the stadium holds about 14,000 if they open up the heavens at the 'away' end, most people sit high as they are the cheaper seats. when we moved from Challenge the Cats offered members 'equivelant' seats which were shit, the seats you see on the telecast are about $100 each

Report this post

Train
Two years ago
18:48 5 Dec 15

Reply #569155

"what's that about 12000 a night turnout? crowd looked pretty ordinary on tv last night from what I could see. if last season was 12000 then last night was lucky to be 8000"

Perth haven't had a game under 10k this season. Average about 10500..., no where near 8000. Still a great number considering the prices they are charging and the games are live in fox and NBL live app

Report this post

Luuuc
Two years ago
19:30 5 Dec 15

Reply #569164

Definitely a thin crowd last night IMO. Surely not 10k? I'm not saying it was Crocs-like, there were still plenty of people there, but lots of empty seats scattered throughout.
To be expected in the Xmas season I guess.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
23:17 5 Dec 15

Reply #569205

Never been a guy like him. Has long arms but it's his sheer determination that makes him what he is.

If he doesn't win DPOTY again something is wrong because he is in God tier.

Report this post

Hoopster
Two years ago
23:59 5 Dec 15

Reply #569209

Good ol Hawks comments, maybe Kev,Bevo & a few other players want a championship... they'll be coming to Perth !!

Report this post

Hoopster
Two years ago
00:06 6 Dec 15

Reply #569211

As for the crowd,
it's christmas party season...

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Vesta 70

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting
NBL.TV - Your team, live and free!

Recent Posts

NBL.TV - Your team, anytime, anywhere. Live and free*.

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:11 pm, Mon 23 Jan 2017 | Posts: 644,858 | Last 7 days: 1,699