Jack Toft
Years ago

United v Sixers, Dec 6

The Sixers are in Melbourne today for the second leg of their R9 road trip. The first leg didn't real go all that well for them, so they would have high hopes to bag this one.

United were out of the blocks early in the season, faster than a middle aged woman with a ticket to Oprah, but have stumbled to win only 1 of their last 5 games - and that was against Townsville.....perhaps their (simple) style of play has been worked out, perhaps they are just soft.

This will be a classic SA / Vic game. United with the home court calls will be looking to stretch the Sixers around the key. DJ is the barometer for the Sixers and when he has a bad game, the Sixers struggle. No one can handle the Randle, so United will be looking to exploit their advantage in the paint. Goulding will still throw up a few 3's when he comes off (moving) screens, but look for United to be feeding the inside man.

The game's on the telly, so unless you're down the beach, on a hot 40 degree day like today, the place to be is inside watching the game.

Sixers by 2

Topic #38625 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Brain says United by 15. Heart says either team by under 5. Cant confidently outright tip the 36ers they haven't played good enough team ball, that no show in Perth was pretty hard to swallow.

Reply #569256 | Report this post

AyJay  
Years ago

Not on the tele in my guide.

We've been sold out remember.
NBL Pricks!

Reply #569258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^

fox sports 3 channel 503
starts 3pm EDT

Reply #569262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On gem at 3pm.

Reply #569263 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I hope the Sixers can get up for this one and pinch a win and peg United back towards the pack

Reply #569269 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Adelaide win this the race for the four gets tight.

Reply #569271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lstening to Corey the tosser is hilarious. After one basket Goulding has put his stamp on the game.

Reply #569272 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Our defence is deplorable. United shooting 3's at will and hitting them all.

Reply #569274 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Does feel like shooting practice for United whilst everything is tough at our end. 7, could be worse hanging in there. Gibbo not gun shy weird to see!

Reply #569275 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Adelaides offence is fine so far. Main problem is the defence. It is pathetic.

Reply #569276 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

How many times can you get burned on the switch before you change the defence up. It's been happening all season

Reply #569277 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

DJ just looks out of sorts, can't put my finger on it but something is definitely wrong with him. At least Ebi is having the game of his 36er life has 8 haha

Reply #569279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide actually has the balls to call DJ what he is - soft. Adelaide would be better off using his money on someone else

Reply #569280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those two missed free throws by Ere leading into a Blanchfield three is the equivalent game changer to the horrible call on Gibson against Perth at the end of the half. Tough to see them getting back from here.

Reply #569281 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Sixers frontcourt is just horrible at the moment. Just. Horrible.

Reply #569282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CG43 CG43 CG43
Jerome Handle Randle

UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

I don't dislike Homicide personally, but his style of commentary isn't what I'd prefer being heard by a national FTA audience. His stereotypical drivel would easily turn away the casual viewer I'd imagine.

Reply #569283 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Does it just feel like even though it's 11 there is pretty much no way Adelaide can win this game? Or just me? They have no ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck and run with it

Reply #569284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great crowd, the Nbl owners will be happy.

Reply #569287 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Interesting homicide talking about the 6ers switching everything

Reply #569288 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Lol Kobe, they'll be lucky to keep it under 30. This is the worst defence I've ever seen. Awful.

And what's with Homicide and all the "eat your breakfast" crap?? Not to mention his cringeworthy interviews. Ugh..

Reply #569289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dat behind the back hesitation doe

Reply #569291 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Randle our only damn hope!!!

Reply #569294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson ' AKA' softest player in the league!!

Reply #569295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hudson is about to blow

Reply #569296 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I love that damn midget!!!

Reply #569297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MVP, MVP

Reply #569298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aiight

aiight

aiight

aiight

Reply #569299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's what you want from your star players (randle) not soft turnaround jumpers from Johnson

Reply #569301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You just know that when things get tight, the 6ers lack of offensive structure and rebounding will cost them every time. Hilarious that Homocide was saying earlier that we don't rely on 1 player to score

Reply #569303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Mum I'm just watching the basketball"

>Corey "HOMICIDE" Williams commentating..

"Mum why is his nick name homicide?"

In all honesty he is better than Dwayne Russell and the other generic commentators. Why not get some more ex NBL players to call the game?

Reply #569306 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Bit of boy who cried wolf justice there. Goulding clearly fouled, but they don't call it because he always flops.

Reply #569308 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ant Man came to play today

Reply #569309 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

RANDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #569310 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

RANDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #569311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BAH GOD RANDLE

Reply #569312 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I couldn't tell if the player was there before Goulding jumped or moved in after he took off.

Randle is doing an astonishing job.

Reply #569313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely that was a 5 second violation

Reply #569316 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

CALL THE FUCKING FOUL!!!!!!! WTF?

Reply #569317 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I was watching NBL. Why has my tv started showing wrestling?

Reply #569318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big shout out to the blowout troll

Reply #569319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh man I thought that was good

Reply #569320 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark :((((((((((((((

Reply #569321 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Thought Gibbo's was gonna drop there ...

Great finish.

Reply #569322 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Did Gibbo get it off in time? That looked so in.

Reply #569323 | Report this post

Dennis21  
Years ago

Who is melbournes guy they want closing out games for them? Would've thought it would be Goulding but I would be interested to see how many shots he has taken in the 4th quarters this season.

Reply #569325 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Pretty sure Gibbo got his shot off in time. Heart-breaking but we did well to even be in that situation. Well, Randle did...

Reply #569327 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Great game by the Sixers

Reply #569328 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Heart-breaking loss.
Proud of the boys effort considering the travel & heat factors.

Rest, recover, rehydrate & onto the next batch

Reply #569329 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Great performance by Randle to pull Adelaide back almost singlehandedly. Great finish, would have loved for it to go to OT. If only the Sixers played with some grunt in the first half - could easily have been a blowout.

United can look pretty ordinary when they aren't hitting outside shots. When they finally started getting the ball down low late they looked much more composed.

Reply #569330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle the Handle has serious game and is probably in top 3 imports this season

Reply #569339 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Great Game,bit unlucky for Adelaide to not snatch a come from behind win.Next few games cruical for them.

Reply #569342 | Report this post

marKus Kamby  
Years ago

Season over won't make the top 4.

Reply #569347 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Randle the Handle has serious game and is probably in top 3 imports this season
yeah, serious game for such a little dude.

Reply #569349 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd argue he's in the top 1. But maybe that's just me. Jackson's the only import close to him, and he's maybe a little bit down this year.

Reply #569352 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Randle is brilliant appears to want to be here as well and has a good attitude.

Reply #569357 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Management need to sign Joey and Jerome to build Sixers into the next few years.My prediction Sixers will finish 4th.Joey always makes finals.I think Sixers will play better in 2nd half of the year.

Reply #569358 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Unconvincing win from United.

They seem to be making up the numbers right now.

Reply #569359 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hendo - to me they're almost complementary players. Randle creates his own shot well and shoots okay from 3 point distance. Jackson brings more of his team mates into the game and is a poor 3 point shooter. He's also a poor free throw shooting, which Randle does well. He's a more effective defender than Randle.

Put the strengths of each together into one player and that player would probably be in the NBA. As it is, the weaknesses are probably why they're here instead.

Given the contrasting styles of the 36ers and the Breakers, I'd be hard pressed to say which is more important to his team ATM. Maybe Jackson, just because the Breakers were so much worse in the season he was missing.

Reply #569361 | Report this post

marKus Kamby  
Years ago

Lmao at Observer

Reply #569362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a long time since the 36ers have had a player who understands when it is time to step up and also had the ability to lift the whole team . Randle can and that is why he should be signed now already for next season .

Reply #569364 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Would Adelaide ever do that though? Sign an import for more than one season at a time?

Reply #569372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id love to see Randle stay with a import SF who is also top notch to help him out.

Reply #569374 | Report this post

Ruzz  
Years ago

What was
the Melbourne coach talking to Randle about after the game? It seemed friendly and went on for quite a while.

Reply #569387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too bad Sixers have Ebi wasting the other import spot

Reply #569389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle and the nbl seem a good match. Sounds like he is enjoying his time here too

Reply #569401 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Great comeback by the Sixers. They could have just put the cue in the rack but fought it out against a quality outfit on their home floor. Randle superb putting the team on his shoulders yet again. The guy's jumper is absolute money and it's extraordinary that he can get it off so well for a guy his size.

But to be frank, the Sixers did not deserve to win that game and would have been extremely lucky and reliant on the brilliance of Randle if they pulled it off.

Our interior defence is atrocious. Not sure what is wrong with DJ at the moment but it's pretty frustrating as a supporter watching him out there especially knowing what he can do. He's a very talented offensive player but if he's not firing on the offensive end he almost becomes a liability out there. When we needed him to stand up with Hodgson out over two games he goes 4 of 18 from the field and gets completely outplayed by the opposition centers. He doesn't seem to have any idea how to play defence and loses his man continuously. I understand he's a finesse player but please get in the weight room and get stronger so you can finish strong at the rim and play some good physical defence. Otherwise the words DJ and soft will always go together.

DJ should really take a leaf out of Petrie's book with his aggression and toughness. Another impressive game leading everyone with 13 boards and efficient on the offensive end as he often is.

Reply #569416 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Today's game had a few positives.

The Sixers were more hungry for rebounds, Petrie has really fired up the last 2 games and Ebi had a good game.

Unfortunately there were a few negatives too with poor perimeter defence at times and DJ's poor form continuing.

DJ's form is quite a mystery, I only started to notice it at the game Vs Perth where I though he struggled because he had to deal with Nate. But it seems to have continued.

Is he injured? Or is it something like him having to adjust to Randle being the #1 option on offence? I don't know. I would have thought Randle's injection into the line up actually buys him more space to operate.

Anyway next week the Sixers should catch the Hawks for 4th. The Sixers have 2 automatic wins against Townsville and the Hawks play the United at home then Cairns away....2 tough asks one would imagine.

I feel this game was a real wake up call for the team, they know what they can do even against the best in the competition.

Reply #569418 | Report this post

John Smith  
Years ago

What about fu.... Refs in last two minutes. First the ball went out from Jonhston hands and they rewarded Sixers with the ball, second clear footy foul on Goulding and then nearly did not call the last foul on Holt. 500 games shame on you that you did not learn anything. Blind man would have done better job.

Reply #569422 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Wait and see Kamby i be the one LMAO at your expense.
See if i am right.

Reply #569434 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I don't know what you are talking about Observer.

Reply #569447 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Not so sure the game in Townsville will be an automatic win. They can be tough up there. If it was in Adelaide then I'd be far more confident.

As for the reffing at the end of the game, Goulding crashed into DJ - he might have got there a fraction late but it was a 50/50 call and given Goulding's propensity to exaggerate every bit of contact he didn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Plus Hakeem Warrick could have easily been called for an offensive foul on DJ at the 1:40 min mark when he blatantly led with his shoulder into DJ's chest. Instead DJ was called for the foul.

Not calling the last foul on Holt actually helped Melbourne as Adelaide had less time to get a quality last possession. I wouldn't be whingeing too much if I was you.

Reply #569450 | Report this post

John Smith  
Years ago

Which game you were watching Rat10 maybe you celebrate 500 games

Reply #569458 | Report this post

John Smith  
Years ago

Which game you were watching Rat10 maybe you celebrate 500 games

Reply #569462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that the league is about entertainment to bring in people with money to just come and drink wine and hardly watch the game like a bloody concert it is getting harder for traditional ballers who play the game as intended. You can not guard a player who can take that extra step to gain the advantage and body you and gets the foul on you. You can not guard the elbows, the pushes, the shoulders, the floppers, the actors and it goes on for entertainment sake. It only serves the showman players in offence and in defence they are grabbing, pulling, shoving and you can not offend against that unless you change and break the rules of the game. Adelaide has always tried to play entertaining basketball by playing smart, great ball movement and fast transition going to the basket and not living by the three. Think about those great games they have put in for a minute and the entertainment was unbelievable but the refs were the right ones and the opposition were either another more purist form of basketball teams or the refs controlled the boundaries of the game and reigned in the opposition taking the piss out of the game. They were also games that weren't all about the 3. I'm sick of the 3 bejng such a focus. Its boring ! I want to see players run, some great handles, some slick moves to the basket, crazy passes and loads of blocks and rejections and some sky high rebounds.. DJ can play that game but he is also playing alone. He plays better when he has a buddy on court to take the pressure off, Its his nature and thats okay. Thats what makes him such a great player, a purist of the game. With no big red and no Matty to run with him the expectation is high and we should all back off and let this young man who is loyal to this club just play the way that we respect win or lose. It is not his fault the game is changing for entertainment and sports betting for the wealthy to gain control. He does not control the team around him either. He needs a BJ to box out and beast under the basket. He needs a fit second tall or runner like Motum last year. Other bigs in the league have those around them. This year DJ has Ebi, not a big enough runner and athlete any more, and Waxy although doing a great job is no BJ under the basket. And Matt has had less time and less clever use than Schensh. Lets support DJ and hope the management team can pull their heads out and find the right partnership for DJ and keep him here playing the game the way that it should be played with the support he needs. I for one have rethought it all and it is team balance that's the issue and it is falling on DJ and shouldn't be. Shame on Joey for that article. That is not the way to get the best from DJ and he should know it.

Reply #569480 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Paragraphs would help.

Reply #569481 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"Think about those great games they have put in for a minute "

I think that's where they've gone wrong. They need to play like that for more than one minute.

Reply #569482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers drop 2 in a row, they'll be joining Sydney soon on the bottom.

Reply #569489 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Overall the reffing was OK.

But it was clear that they put "the cue in the rack" and let things go late in the game, after calling some real tiggy touchwood stuff earlier. I could cite at least four examples of what I'm talking about.

The best example would be DJ (mentioned by someone else above). DJ was complaining because he didn’t get a charge after Warrick did the exact same move that Kickert did, in the first half. DJ got awarded with a charge from Kickert in the first half (incorrectly, in my view) and then was complaining because he expected the same call later in the game.

The inconsistency is what frustrates the players.

Reply #569491 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Possible difference I think LV is that Kickert gave DJ a (slight) elbow to the guts. Otherwise, I agree the two moves were exactly the same.

Reply #569493 | Report this post

Bretts The Man  
Years ago

Well done Fstos great input.
I would like to value your contribution of views etc but can't remember a post adding your insight on this site.
Guess easier to take pot shots at others putting their views on.

Reply #569495 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The refs should set the tone and then stay consistent. That's all the players- and us as fans- can really ask.

Majok got a foul in the first minute of the game, for holding, that was very soft. So immediately the players knew where the boundary was.

Fast forward to midway through the last quarter and you’ll see Teys holding and bumping (impeding movement of the offensive player) Warrick at least twice on the same possession. No call.

As I said, overall the reffing was solid enough, but the one little frustrating thing was the change through the game.

Another example would be the contact on Holt’s arms on that last possession that went uncalled. The context was this: all sorts of soft fouls on both teams throughout the game, on shooting fouls, reach ins, soft body contact on drives etc. If the refs had let more go throughout the game then they might have been justified in not calling that last play. But in terms of the standard they have set, they should have blown the whistle much earlier. Hence the crowd’s frustration on that particular play.

Reply #569496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd suggest DJ is worn out. He has pretty much been carrying that front court all season.

Joey should blame himself for bad recruiting...should have gone a beast PF rather than his mate Ebi!

Reply #569501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right on the money. Joey has put too much on DJ No other club is asking that much of a single big this season apart from Fearne who insists on playing with 1 big Burston while he sits Tradg and Loughton. Bizzare but not working for them either. We all need to remember as well DJ was beasting end of last season and then hospitalised with pneumonia and a bad case as well having to have drainage put in. To ask this much of him this season is poor form just on the back of that alone.

Reply #569503 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Two good examples LV, and another great example was Johnson not giving Goulding a place to land when he received that pass with about 20 seconds to go, fell over due to the contact and turned it over.

What worries me is Michael Aylen was the closest ref on all three non-calls. That guy is a quality ref, and we can't afford one of the best to be missing such blatant calls.

Reply #569504 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

With the benefit of hindsight, Randle is so good that they could've ran with a back court of Randle, Gibson, Sobey and Teys and then recruited a rim protector as a second import (think Gladness, Ibekwe).

But then you'd have a team without enough outside shooters.

Finding the perfectly balanced lineup will always be difficult with the constraints that exist.

The best balanced team (at full strength) appears to me to be NZ. They’re also up there with the most talented, hence why they’re probably the best team!

Reply #569505 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"No other club is asking that much of a single big this season apart from Fearne"

Illawarra with Ogilvy. Let's be honest though, Petrie is the only real big defensively, he's the one being asked to carry the can at that end with some help from Walker. Obviously missing Hodgson hurts.

Reply #569506 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yep, spot on Paul re: the Goulding incident too. Nowhere to land...

Do you think it was an over reaction to the NZ game, where 2 refs got stood down?

Maybe it was in the back of their minds, and they figured that *making a bad call and getting it wrong* was to be avoided at all costs? ie: *Not making a call that they should have* isn't as bad as *making a bad call and getting the wrath of the NBL* in a close finish, after what happened a few weeks ago?

(Yes, the NZ was different in that they made the call *and then debated it and still got it wrong* but maybe they just didn't want to risk being put in that position or being scrutinised for a call they did make. And that may have been in the back of their minds...)

Reply #569508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, your argument is mute because Ebi isn't providing anything let alone outside shooting.

Reply #569512 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The main reason they lost yesterday though was that switching defence for the first 25-27 minutes, there just wasn't the intensity needed to pull it off.

Once they went to zone Melbourne went back to old habits of launching grenades from deep and all of a sudden Adelaide were able to run off rebounds. It amazed me that Wright stayed with that strategy for so long.

Reply #569513 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

LV "DJ got awarded with a charge from Kickert in the first half (incorrectly, in my view)" You're kidding right? In what league can you throw your elbow into someones stomach to create room and it should not be called a foul? The Warrick foul was the same thing but he used his head as well. Unfortunately Warrick is a protected species so they won't call something so obvious against him.

I agree that the Goulding incident was a foul. I disagree that Aylen is a quality ref.

Reply #569514 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yep The 36ers switching D allowed United to create so many in play mismatches and opportunities. When you have *really small guy* like Randle and a big who struggles to defend inside let alone move his feet on the perimeter (DJ) that's just not gonna fly...

Reply #569515 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

King James- Kickert made contact but not enough to justify a charge IMO.

Basketball is a contact sport (contra technical definitions). Only big boys should play. DJ is soft as butter and always has been.

Reply #569517 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Whoever said Ebi wasn't an outside threat- he’s hit 24 threes this season. That’s more than anyone else on the 36ers, including Randle.

Reply #569520 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That was the softest charge call! Just shows DJ's core isn't strong enough!

"What was the Melbourne coach talking to Randle about after the game? It seemed friendly and went on for quite a while."

I think Demopoulos knows Randle's brother.

Reply #569521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with fstos
tl;dr

Reply #569523 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

KingJames - Mark Davis used to get away with the same sort of uncalled offensive foul Warrick used to clear Johnson out and which led to Johnson being called on the subsequent shot. Davis did it for 17 years and particularly in teh earlier years, when he was so much stronger than his opponents. It was his bread and butter, together with dribbling while backing into his opponent repeatedly to force them under the basket and create an easier shot.

In my experience, this style of offensive fouling has never been called in the NBL and I believe it never will be. The charging player needs to make it intolerable for the ref to ignore by clearly using their elbow in the clear out. It's in the same basket as the hook by the driving player to hold the defender back as they drive past them. Unless it's been outrageously clear, the NBL refs have never called hooks and never will.

I suspect this sort of thing is let go to allow more of an offensive advantage and encourage higher scores. That's consistent with the entertainment focus of the NBL and other professional leagues.

These are the sorts of things that separate professional basketball from basketball played purely for sport. Systematically different implementations of rules. Just like the oft cited example of not calling travel in NBA to encourage more spectacular dunking.

I've gotten used to these things and usually (but not always) can ignore them. However, I also think it's this dichotomy between the amateur basketball experience and the professional rules' implementations that leads to a lot of the arguments about what happens and isn't called during NBL games. It's also a source of confusion for casual watchers of the NBL who have prior experience only of social or junior basketball.

Reply #569524 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Melbourne needs to use the low post more effectively.

Watching Perth on Friday night, I noticed they need the ball from the wing and then cut past the post. This can create confusion in the D and if the cut is done well it can lead to a score.

Both Kenny and Martin got a score doing this on Friday night.

When Melbourne feeds the ball to the low post inevitably everyone else just stands there watching.

United needs to have some off ball Movement happening in these situations. Otherwise they're making the defenders job too easy.

Reply #569525 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Perth and NZ are the best teams at creating scores from the low post, it's something Melbourne could improve on and Adelaide can do much, much better too.

Reply #569531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV just because he has made the most doesn't make him a threat in my opinion. If you throw up enough and connect on enough to have the highest tally it doesn't make you a threat. You need to do it at a decent clip to be considered a threat!

Reply #569539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo has a career in magic after basketball.

Reply #569540 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ebi's shot them at 33%.

That's a higher clip than names like Randle, Gliddon, Cadee, Thornton.

And about the same as Goulding, Beal, Craig....

I'm not defending Ebi here, because an import should be judged by 1. What role the coach expects them to play and 2. How much they’re getting paid. And we don’t know that.

But to say Ebi hasn’t been a threat from outside is simply proven wrong by the numbers. Defenders know they need to get a hand in Ebi’s face when he catches it a metre outside the arc. That’s worth something to the 36ers.

Reply #569542 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Boti's article in the paper version of the Advertiser today:

"Melbourne duo Stephen Holt and Warwick Giddey stood up in the frantic last stanza"

Had to laugh. I reckon Warwick Giddey would feel great about the mistake but I wonder how Hakim Warrick feels!

Reply #569545 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Giddey's developed some ups in retirement!

Reply #569547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson softest most useless 6 fott 11 gut in the NBL and Ebi just a joke.

Reply #569590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey and get high joke currently in development. Give me a few hours.

Reply #569593 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I got the impression of Melbourne Coach being a fan of Randle and Adelaide winning had dj played for MEL

Reply #569617 | Report this post

Brian C  
Years ago

sixers=spooners

Reply #569642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754