Anonymous
Years ago

No more changes to Adelaide 36ers roster

ADELAIDE will not risk its chemistry by making any line-up changes and needs to continue to grow as a unit to give the NBL championship a shake.

That's the considered view of 36ers coach Joey Wright whose team was 7-7 at the weekend’s halfway mark of a 28-round season, but now 7-8 after succumbing again to United in Melbourne on Sunday.

Yesterday was the deadline for utilising NBL Rule 10.4 which allows clubs to replace an import within two months of the season’s tip-off without an additional pay-out.

Their import duo of Jerome Randle (22.2 points per game) and Ebi Ere (10.2) actually is the NBL’s most productive pairing, their 32.4ppg topping Perth pair Casey Prather (16.6) and Jermaine Beal (15.7) who form the next best, averaging 32.3 between them.

"To try and build chemistry with a new player and 13 (regular season) games to go is risky," Wright said.

“Every time you add a new player, it’s at least a three-to-four week adjustment.”

Topic #38639 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know what you sixers fans are complaining about. You have the most productive imports!!!!

Reply #569744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have the highest scoring import and the lowest - don't be fooled!

Besides, basketball is about more than points.

Reply #569746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea thats a funny stat, well done to randle.

Imagine if we had randle & prather though. We would've won 3 more games i reckon.

Gotta love stats like that though.

Hopefully ebi improves as the season goes on.

Reply #569747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL....hopefully Ebi improves as the season goes on - how long do you want to give him?!

Reply #569749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi might get up to 11ppg by the end of the season. And if so, look out NBL!!!

Reply #569751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers won't make Finals as is - such a shame.

Reply #569754 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

What does Joey Wright think they are risking by not making a move. As is, this team is making up the numbers. Nice sounding spin and all, but really the true risk was signing an overweight, poor defensive, ageing former star, to a team who needed to compete in the offseason recruiting stakes with the teams around them who were bringing in studs. Adelaide are only risking 5th spot from here on in, very disappointing. And cop out of an excuse for mine.

Reply #569758 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Yeah, too late now. Should of made a move weeks ago.

Reply #569770 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Joey feels we have the cattle to win and I believe him. However I think that we should be going for an import who loves Australia like Conklin. When he becomes naturalised that's another gun Aussie then you can afford to sign a role player import like Ebi Ere.

Reply #569771 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Tom why do you believe him, what has occurred to make you feel all is going to be well and the 36ers will make the playoffs. Like said by others move shouldve been made weeks ago. Im almost certain Ebi had a no cut clause in his contract, otherwise he simply wouldve been cut weeks ago.

Reply #569781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol i agree we have given ebi too long, but since he ain't going anywhere i figured i may aswell hope for improvement from him

Reply #569783 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Kobe24 I believe because he is the coach of the team. I am 100% with you that Ere should be cut and replaced with another import. We have the best import in the league and he loves it here and could be here in the future. We have good Australian players in cheap long term deals like Peach and Teys. DJ is playing way under what he usually will and I believe he will be back to his old self soon. No one runs a team like Gibbo does. We are in a good position and we aren't far off the top 4. One shitty import shouldn't mean we miss the playoffs.

Reply #569787 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Switching All Screens = Championship

Reply #569789 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Its not the shitty import, its the potential better import we dont have. Him being coach isnt enough to blindly support for me, but I respect your support and where its coming from. Was just curious, just really bummed we couldve had a great run at it this season.

Reply #569793 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Joey hasn't missed the playoffs as coach of the Sixers so for that reason he's earnt some respect. That said, I there should have been a change 2 weeks ago.

Reply #569801 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"We have the best import in the league"

Ced Jackson > the midget who plays for the Sixers

Reply #569803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't matter top 4 is set already

Reply #569804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont think its just the imports we need to look at.. some of the aussie guys are not putting up career best numbers either!

Reply #569809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide's two imports should have the nicknames "handles" and "love handles"

Reply #569811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro...Ced cant even hit a FT.

Reply #569815 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

disappointing that they are sticking with Ebi but it was pretty evident that would be the case.

More concerning is that DJ, Creek and Gibbo have gone missing. They are currently under performing much more than Ere IMO. If they were playing at the level expected Ebi wouldn't be such a problem.

Reply #569818 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

The midget who played for the 36ers averages 22ppg.

Reply #569854 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

no way will make top 4.
given the critics told us we wouldnt be in 6 anyhow.
last year for a few well known names.

Reply #569857 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Can see why they are sticking with Ebi. At this stage of the year would only upgrade if exceptional import. Don't think Ebi has been great however.

Reply #569860 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I am very happy to see that Joey and Team have made it clear that there will be no more Roster changes leading up the the finals.

Joey and the organisation value the team chemistry that Ebi and the crew bring day in day out. These intangibles should never be dismissed for a few points per game.

I applaud the team for publicly making their position and the rationale behind that decision, clear.

Hopefully now those 'fans' cam come on board and join the team in their goal for another 'ship to Title Town.

Reply #569887 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

So I'm guess its the red pill then.

Reply #569896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Title Town??? Hahahha isn't that Auckland these days?

Reply #569908 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Im glad your happy Marcus Camby, that makes one 'fan'.

Reply #569910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers +/- for the season so far:

Creek +30 (291 total minutes)
Teys +21 (178)
Randle +13 (372)
Sobey +8 (125)
Hodgson +6 (110)
Johns +3 (4)
Johnson -1 (469)
Petrie -3 (380)
Larkins -3 (1)
McNeail -6 (35)
Carlin -14 (29)
Gibson -18 (424)
Walker -22 (241)
Ere -29 (332)

Reply #569911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus, how is that "chemistry" working out for the 36ers at the moment?!

You are 1 deluded individual!

Reply #569929 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Their import duo of Jerome Randle (22.2 points per game) and Ebi Ere (10.2) actually is the NBL's most productive pairing
Wow, that has to rate as one of the stupidest non-facts I've ever seen quoted.
Might as well claim that their stadium has the best food because Randle with a hotdog is better than Jett with a hamburger.

If anything it just shows how much BETTER the 6's could be with almost any other import besides Ere.

Reply #570009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Ced Jackson > the midget who plays for the Sixers"

Easy.

Reply #570018 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Remember a quote from Scott Williams after Jordan scored 69 and himself 2, against the Cavs. Something along the lines of the Tarheels combined for 71 tonight, painfully stupid stat. Just shows how great Randle has been to carry a ghost.

Reply #570047 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Randle told us that he was the best nbl player on sevennews last nite.......and hugh greenwood told us that the adelaide crows chased him for eight years,and as he wasn't going to rio, he joined the crows.....Randle doesn't wot he will do next year

Reply #570098 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754