Anonymous
Years ago

Support staff attire

Have noticed a few teams support Staff and injured players dress terrible

Illawarra knight has a guy with a hat and shorts on Tyson demos looks like he's about to go clubbing

Melbourne have a guy that wears shorts

Mika vukona when injured wore old style jeans compared to other leagues and the pinnacle nba who wear suits a club polo and slacks should be minimum attire league should implement fines it looks terrible

Topic #38653 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Storm in a teacup.

Even the NCAA - who are draconian with their measures don't have regulations like that. Check out WCS's ridicolous courtside dress from his time at UK:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=willey+cauley+stein+fashion&gfe_rd=cr&ei=nftnVo_cEqju8wfUoJX4Dw#gfe_rd=cr&imgrc=W6Tn-Gfc6PcydM%3A

Personally as long as they have a club polo on that's fine with me.

In saying that I would however love to see the teams do their general attire like Rugby do theirs - number 1s - blazer, dress pants, dress shirt (don't neee ties)

Reply #570051 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Is that you homicide?!

Reply #570054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sit on the bench wear team street wear. Anything less is not acceptable. Suits nope.

Reply #570065 | Report this post

How is a suit less than street wear?

Reply #570071 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I've often considered this issue. Really looks poorly when staff/inactive players aren't attired well.

Have to say some what some coaches wear particularly stands out to me. Just my opinion, but I'd rather see them all wear matching team polos. Know that's not going to happen though.

Reply #570074 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

All Staff and inactive players should be in suits

Coaches Assistants back rom staff.

Shirt and Tie

Reply #570075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does this really bother you? im fairly certain theres more action happening on the floor.

i think they would look rediculous in suits.

Reply #570080 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

No one in Cairns CBD wears a suit and tie, it would be ridiculous to see it on the side of the basketball court.

Reply #570090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know in Big V anyone who is sitting on the bench who isn't playing has to be in a club polo and black slacks. I remember an injured player last season wore jeans and was made sit 2 rows behind because he wasn't in proper attire.

Reply #570107 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I thought I was the only one who hated those Crocs game day shirts worn by Dennis and Crew.. glad it got mentioned on the Podcast. lol

Reply #570112 | Report this post

"No one in Cairns CBD wears a suit and tie, it would be ridiculous to see it on the side of the basketball court."

Not to the rest of the country that are watching the games on tv.

I'm not against the club polo and trousers, I just think suits add professionalism, something that many NBL clubs are lacking in.

Reply #570117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Staff/player attire is true reflection of the clubs not given a toss about team clothes
to look smart when their injured or when out representing the team and maybe look like a professional player. And most nbl players have no idea about style to present themselves on and off the court like professionals.

Classic example is Larry Davidson from the Hawks.
He is a BUM!!

Reply #570118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team polo tucked into slacks with smart shoes is all it takes to look professional my biggest issue is jeans and shorts looks terrible ole mate on illawarra's brnch wearing shorts and a black cap looked disgraceful

Reply #570123 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

That's why the NBA implemented dress standards after Iverson came in.

Reply #570127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Full tuxedo at the absolute least

In seriousness, club polo, black pants, good to go

Reply #570136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would have to own a suit to know the difference between streetwear and a suit.
It's always been the practice to supply players coaches and support staff with streetwear.
Polo top, black slacs on the plane etc and if not playing or injured on the bench as well.
Affordable and smart. No need for a suit on a plane.

Reply #570137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And all players must have collar length hair which is brushed into an acceptable fashion, players must shave daily and there to be no facial hair. Tattoos are not acceptable and must be covered at all times, by tape if needed. Outside of game days there is no jewelry to be worn and only underwear approved by the team may be worn. Thongs are a no no and socks must be worn only at 2 inches above the ankle. The league will establish a new elite squad of fashion police who's prime objective is to ensure these standards are kept.
Reminds me of the Simpsons baseball episode where Burns keeps telling Mattingly to cut of those Damn sideburns.

Reply #570142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Head coaches and assistant coaches need to be in suit coats. Ties are optional - NBA RULE

Reply #570147 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't need to wear a suit, but pants and shirt would be appropriate for coaches.

That said, the mint shirts worn by the Crocs coaches are not attractive at all.

Reply #570164 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Haven't noticed an issue at Perth games.

One thing that pisses me off is the nobbs in the corporate boxes in front of us who refuse to wear red.
There is one regular who always wears his Cats singlet, and like any middle-aged bloke in a sports singlet he looks ridiculous, and that's kinda the point. We do it to support our team, not to appear fashionable.
But there are others who turn up week after week, dressed fashionably shabby, and not a trace of red anywhere.
Some of the seats are clearly used to rotate amongst staff or guests, but even then how hard would it be to say "here's your free tickets to hundreds of dollars in free hospitality, please make an effort to wear red"?

Pisses me off that these people seem to think they are too superior for such "common" stuff.

Reply #570598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I noticed bevo in full suit and tie this year when i think during his time at cats he was a polo man?

Also i note Cairns and Townsville have their own shirt tie and pants combo i think trying to match team colors. But they both have huge logos on the shirt pocket which looks oh so tacky and removes the professional effect

Reply #570603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"One thing that pisses me off is the nobbs in the corporate boxes in front of us who refuse to wear red."

Get over yourself mate.
It's not primary school. People can dress how they choose. What kind of "nobb" do you have to be to get pissed off over the colour of someone else's shirt?

Reply #570621 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754