Jack Toft
Years ago

Crocs v Sixers, Dec 10

Hang onto your hats ladies and gentlemen, the Sixers travel to Townsville, the fourth away game in a row an by a quirk of the draw, replay each other on Saturday night in Adelaide. I think both team will be conked out after that.

Townsville with more challenges than a one armed drummer this season have bagged some big scalps but just seem to suffer from a lack of momentum

Jett the superstar of the team is doing a lot of the heavy lifting with Steindl lifting the other edge of the awkward piano that is the Crocs season. They need a couple of guys to chip in on the other two corners if they are to get this game tonight.

Sixers need to get a wriggle on if they are to keep in touch with Illawarra. A loss tonight could open a gap that would be harder to close than climbing the Escarpment.

While Townsville may have their new import tonight, the Sixers have been paying the better ball and I think the Jett vs Antman contest will fall Adelaide's way and Adelaide should win the matchups.

I'm going Adelaide by 5

Topic #38655 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

Hoping the Sixers get a good win here.

Hopefully DJ uses these 2 games to get back into form as they are weak at the 5 spot...

Lots of "hope". Haha

Reply #570103 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

If we don't go 2-0 this weekend, you can pretty much say goodbye to us making playoffs.
That said, I have a bad feeling that we will drop at least one.

Reply #570104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs have proven to be tough at home...wouldn't be surprised to see the 36ers drop this one and with it, their chances of making the Finals.

Reply #570111 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Cairns have done well to be competative considering they seem to be getting very little out of Trigger and Laughton. the seem to be gettign more from Burston and Bruce, not taht I've checked any stats to back up this impression.
Hawks seem to have changed their player rotation a bit now with Forman seeming to be less important and Ellis starting to get some time and actually look like he might become a player.

Reply #570135 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Samhan cleared to play.

Reply #570151 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

Crocs by 8.

Reply #570156 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Who plays as the second Centre for the 36ers when DJ is off the court?

Reply #570161 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe the NBL Live app could have a little icon of Homicide's face next to any game that will include his commentary.

Matthew, probably Petrie while Hodgson is out.

Reply #570162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas Walker is a moron if he wants to argue that call. Grubby musclehead.

Reply #570165 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Maybe it's just my memory, but Omar Samhan was a lot bulkier/less mobile back in college... Actually looks reasonably agile for a big.

Reply #570166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel embarrassed for Ebi Ere

Reply #570167 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

DJ's in a bit of a shooting slump of late. His free throws especially have regressed badly.

Reply #570168 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Someone said it in another thread, his confidence really seems to have taken a beating now that he finds himself matched up against guys like AJ/Khazzouh/Jawai-Knight etc.

Reply #570169 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

What the? Creek didn't play at the 2012 Olympics for the Boomers!

Reply #570170 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good call ref.

Reply #570171 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Joey you definitely can still catch and shoot.

Reply #570172 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Is it just me, or does Clint Steindl kinda look like Mad Magazine's Alfred E. Neuman all grown up?

Reply #570173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea, that was a funny one by Homicide, Creek probably played World Juniors for Australia at around that time and he got mixed up

A bit like UCLA with Randle

I actually dont hate Corey, but he should just talk about the game not the players past if he doesnt know it well, makes him look silly

But he is just trying to talk up the talent on the court so i dont mind that to much, he has the right idea

He actually makes reasonably good calls, reads the game situation well imo

Reply #570174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please Joey, give up on the switch on anything crap defense, set something up so guys like DJ and PEtrie can stay around the rim.

Also give all Ebi's minutes to Creek for the rest of the game

Good start on offense, but we cant concede 50 in a half and expect to beat many teams

Reply #570176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calling the Crocs young guys like Djeric the future of Australian basketball was not a good call. Calling Steindl a gun also was not a good call.

I realise his job is to talk up the players but keeping it somewhat grounded in reality would be nice.

Reply #570177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide shoot 27 FTs in the first half?

HAHAHAHA

Reply #570178 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Samhan is looking good so far - however it is against a smaller team.

Reply #570179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did gibson show up to play

Reply #570180 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Forgot that Gibson was playing tonight until I saw his face in that timeout huddle. Guessing that's not a good thing.

Reply #570181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was meaning good calls on plays and game situations

He definitely over hypes up the players, i rather that than under hype though, he should just talk about the game though and the players performance in that game imo, to avoid looking silly all the time to the knowledgable fans

I reckon Corey is just that type of guy, when he played he woulda told everyone how good he was, but also made everyone else feel confident and like they were future MVP's probably a reason his teams usually won more than they lost, even though he never won a title

Reply #570182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs in this game are so one sided I almost thought Adelaide was Perth.

Reply #570184 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Players slipping on that court quite a bit tonight.

Reply #570185 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Nick Kay and the Bad Three

Reply #570186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why count the number of FTs in a half and laugh.

Prob better to point out calls that obviously weren't fouls. I'm not sure I saw any. The crocs foul an awful lot. Its kinda like the old Goorj and Joey White Brisbane days where you foul every play knowing the refs can't call every foul.

Reply #570188 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Just onto the live stats - Corey Maynard fouled out in 6:41?

Reply #570189 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yep, not sure why Maynard was on the court with 2:40 left in the 3rd Q on 4 fouls.

Reply #570190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL need Adelaide to win to keep 4th position interesting...

Thats why they are cheating for them.

Reply #570191 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I know Ive put forward Webster as the MVP favourite lately.

IMO Randle is by far and away the MVP of this league - no doubt about it

Miles better than Ced in my opinion.

Reply #570192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know what was funny?

There have been so many fouls in this game, every touch is a foul...

Yet, Goulding got decked on Sunday and it was play on.

The refereeing in this league is a comedy show.

Reply #570193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle is awesome, hopefully we keep him, he is like Gary Ervin but better

If we can get him and DJ playing well at the same time we will be very hard to beat.

Heres hoping we close out this game and win on Saturday as we should

Omar hasnt been worse than Conklin this season, so hasnt hurt them, but just doesnt make them heaps better either. Pity they were not able to find a top notch import and the first guy fell through, couldve made them more exciting and improved them greatly.

Reply #570194 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Without Randle ADL would be fighting SYD for the spoon.

Reply #570195 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Randle is definitely a step above NBL standard. The fact that he's down here playing basketball is probably an even better sign than even AJ/Khazzouh/Goulding that the well is running a bit dry in Europe.

Reply #570196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No coincidence when Creek plays more than Ebi and Gibbo we look better, even if against the Crocs

Reply #570197 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Imagine if Steindl played with the same kind of reckless abandon from deep that Goulding does.

Reply #570198 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not another blowout :( :( :(

Reply #570199 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Where's blowout troll, I want to know which team bet against themselves tonight?

Reply #570200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo 2pts 1 assist 4 rebounds and a turnover in 20 minutes. Good value

Reply #570201 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

DJ's gone like 4/4 and 6/6ft since I mentioned he's in a slump.

Reply #570202 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

choke much?

Reply #570203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and we are about to loose 9 up with 2 mins to go wtf

Reply #570204 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Holy shit, what a finish. What a season.

Reply #570205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cop that. What a finish.

Reply #570206 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

WTF just happened?

Reply #570207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH@ Adelaide..

38FTs to 21 and still LOST

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Reply #570208 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

As an Adelaide 36ers all I can say right now is wow. Horrendous choke. Absolutely freaking pathetic. Deserve to miss the 4 on that alone.

Pissweak.

Reply #570209 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. Speechless!

Massive credit to the Crocs though. They played superb denial defence.

Reply #570210 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Really good decision to have Steindl guarding Randle on that pass, with the length to take away that rainbow inbound pass... bad decision to try make it anyway.

Reply #570211 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

MIRKO

Reply #570213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW

Can Gibbo go to Brisbane now???

How the hell did we lose that

All he had to do was inbound the ball without turning it over they probably would have put us to the line and we just had to sink both, atleast 1 and we shoulda won

We should have never let them get that close

Joey stuffed up too putting on some of our lesser performers thinking we had it wrapped up in the 4th, to be a little fair, we should have!.

He also needs to come up with a defensive scheme that isnt switch everything and put our bigs out of positin and zone.

That somes up our season i guess and may cost us our playoff hopes.

Crocs have actually only won one less game than us too!

Shawn Dennis, Crocs take a bow on a great effort and over achieving this season and never giving up!!

Reply #570215 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

That was effing awesome! Mirko massive in the clutch. Been a crocs season ticket holder for 20 years and that was one of their best wins ever. Great reward for the never say die crocs

Reply #570216 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Almost speechless, that was the worse out of bounds play I have seen for years. Randle was obviously going to be closely guarded which he was, Petrie gets loose and leads towards Gibson. He looks at him, and throws the ball across court to the smallest player in the team. Intercept, lay up, game over. Pathetic!!!

I had better coaching than this 50 years ago. Wright is certainly being found out and so is Gibson.

Reply #570217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis is coaching better than all others. Team plays for him.
Whinging Joey Wright is terrible.

Reply #570218 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

As mentioned above, the 36ers became so fixated on getting the ball to Randle that they didn't have an alternative plan/mindset.

Dennis being the very smart coach he is knew they would look for Randle and defended it accordingly.

Gibson's drive late in the game was also wild and erratic.

Reply #570220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It just really sucks to support South Australian teams in general. We are just a state of perennial under achievers.

Reply #570221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine if Randle, Johnson, Creek , Petrie and Gibbo all played well at the same time. we would be almost unbeatable

Reply #570222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea 4 of them did well tonight,

The other sorta cost us the game

Reply #570223 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

CROCCCCCCSSSSSSSS!!!! Giant killers. Epic win. I like the new guy. Big contributions from all.

Reply #570224 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well guys, atleast the 36ers didn't risk that team chemistry Joey Wright was trying to sell people on. Hasn't been a happy to season to support this club. Dumb choices and disharmony, but that chemistry has not been risked nor making a finals run.

Reply #570226 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

Gotta love Joey Wright still whinging even with 38FT away from home. Just STFU and coach.

Reply #570227 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

How can you not love the Crocs? Just a pity they don't get much support from their city.

Reply #570228 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

& the choke of the year award favouritism moves from the Kings to the 36ers.

Reply #570229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I can say is a big up yours to all the Croc bashers out there thet believe they shouldn't be in this league and are hopeful of their exit at the end of the season.

This team is put on the floor with very little money in comparison to the rest of the league but play and train with heart and passion you could only wish your teams had. They don't have half the talent depth of the rest of the league but from 1 - 10 they play for each other.

Tonight's game could be the biggest game of the Croc's history and I hope it makes makes Townsville residents realise exactly what this young inexperienced team can do and lead to getting more bums on seats at the games.

Reply #570230 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

import= Sam I Am with his green shirt and pants...

Reply #570232 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Didn't see a crowd figure for Townsville, but looked bigger than we've seen lately. Definitely a team that deserves support.

Reply #570233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey didn't see this during the week.

https://streamable.com/pius

Reply #570239 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All I can say is a big up yours to all the Croc bashers out there thet believe they shouldn't be in this league
You should direct that at Crocs fans who don't attend their games. Any suggestion they won't last comes from seeing the crowds, not the team's effort.

Predictable pass to Randle was very silly.

Gibson didn't look like he was in the game.

Reply #570241 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Atleast Ebi Ere will be able to give a great locker room speech and help with the chemistry after that one.

Reply #570244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey was clearly out coached on the last inbounds play. He used the exact same play on the previous sideline inbound from the same spot on the floor. The first time Croc's stayed with their man leaving the easy inbound lob over Norton to Randle. Last play SD read it like a book and had Norton and Stiendle switch on the curl both shortening Randles lead and length.

Reply #570246 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

Gibson finished with 2 field goal attempts? What happened there i saw he only played 19 minutes. Even still 2 shots! Crocs are terribly underestimated this season.

Reply #570247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A question for any refs out there - can a basket count after a charge? Teys took that hit from Jett on the break in the 4th and was nearly on the floor by the time Jett let go of the ball, so it was definitely a charge during the act of shooting and not a push after the release. But they still counted the basket? Surely that's not right, is it...?

Reply #570249 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yes it is, it does happen, rare but a genuine play.

Reply #570254 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Joey said get the ball to Randle which any coach would've done as well. Gibbo was so so set on listening to his coach he didn't care to look anywhere else. This loss is 100% on Gibbo, not Joey.

Reply #570259 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

"The 6'ers just hitting their stride." Marcus Camby said this last night after the Hawks beat the Taipans and continued to lock in 4th, hows that going now buddy. Season dead and buried and a few people need to be answering some serious personnel questions.

Reply #570260 | Report this post

just ask me  
Years ago

I would suggest you are right on that, it used to be a basket cannot count if a charge is call, not sure if the rule or interpretation has changed at all???

Reply #570263 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"Miles better than Ced in my opinion"

I agree but maybe not miles better. I get the sense Jackson's game has dropped away this year and he's definitely not in the MVP conversation.

Reply #570280 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Irrespective of the last play you have to give it to djeric and steindl, two minutes to go and down 9. Djeric 3, steindl 3, djeric 3, djeric 3, that's some crazy shooting to even give themselves a shot at the last play.

Reply #570286 | Report this post

Dave the Crocman  
Years ago

Joey has to be the biggest grub or a coach in the NBL
How the hell he didnt get a tec is amazing.

Reply #570294 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He is a consistent embarrassment with his behaviour for a few 36er fans... its not pretty.

Reply #570299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just leave Gibbo there in QLD I reckon he checked out awhile ago.

Reply #570301 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Get off Joey's back after all he's done for us ffs

Reply #570317 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

What has he really done though, things couldn't have gotten any worse under Clarke so the next man up was always going to be better compared too. And really he cant pick an import combo to save him self and this team is a complete disaster. Being smashed by Perth in GF game 3 and then smashed last season against the Breakers in the finals. Getting there only goes so far for so long. His team has regressed this season and he needs to answer the reasons why Ebe has stayed on. Even the Crocs had the balls to make a change and bring in a guy who had 10 and 6 tonight. Im not sold anymore on him, and he hasn't been able to get anything out of Gibson.

Reply #570323 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Questions do have to be asked of Joey Wright, he's regressed all three years in the job. Like Kobe24 said we got smashed in the GF in 2014, got smashed in the SF's last year and almost no chance of making the playoffs this year.

Aside from his stubborn refusal to change our woeful switching defence the lack of professionalism shown with the Ebi Ere situation means questions need to be asked of him.

Ere has shown all season he's done, he's barely a SEABL standard import let alone NBL standard to the point you almost feel sorry for him watching him out there and now we're stuck with this dead weight for the rest of the season just because he and Joey are mates.

Even a superstar like Jerome Randle who probably has the MVP already in the bag can't do it all try as he might to carry this team.

Reply #570343 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Glad someone agrees with my assessment waiting for all the 'Joey never misses the playoffs' fans to rip into me for being negative, when intact its really just stating the facts of what has gone down. Regression of the likes of DJ isnt a great sign either... something is definitely not right in Adelaide.

Reply #570345 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Kobe24.

You seem fixated on bringing up the Chemistry thing (I'm guessing from the latest article) in the negative and also Ebi's positive locker room influence (again in the negative).

Why can't you accept that the Team, the Coach, indeed, the whole organisation is committed to their strategy?

Can't you just put your bias aside and support the team you purport to support?

I respect your right to air your views, but this constant negativity is not really helping.

Reply #570351 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@Kobe24

""The 6'ers just hitting their stride." Marcus Camby said this last night after the Hawks beat the Taipans and continued to lock in 4th, hows that going now buddy. Season dead and buried and a few people need to be answering some serious personnel questions."

I'm happy to cop it sweet for thinking this was going to be a win.

For 37 mins it looked pretty good, Randle being Randle, DJ coming on board finally and Petrie continuing his remarkable mid season improvement. There are a lot of positives there.

Unfortunately the 3 minutes of mental lapse cost us. But hey...this is what makes this season so enjoyable. ADL was able to catch SYD and now another nail biter.

This season is far from dead and buried though.

I see this as a small speed bump rather than a wall.

But we really need Gibbo, Creek and Waxy to step up more to give the playoffs a right shake.

Reply #570352 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

"What has he really done though, things couldn't have gotten any worse under Clarke so the next man up was always going to be better compared too. And really he cant pick an import combo to save him self and this team is a complete disaster. Being smashed by Perth in GF game 3 and then smashed last season against the Breakers in the finals. Getting there only goes so far for so long. "

Wow....that is so thankless.

Joey took a spooner team to the Grand Final, then again to the Semis the next year. Most teams would take this type of record any day.

Just because we had Marty as coach, doesn't automatically mean the next coach would automatically achieve success.

By saying what you did, you just dismissed a trip to the GF as nothing but an accident.

I think that is disrespectful.

Joey of all coaches has earned some capital from the fans, terrible that it is all so easily discarded and invalidated at a drop of a hat.

Reply #570353 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Re Randle v Jackson. If the 36ers had Jackson they wouldn't regularly give up cricket scores on defence, and fans wouldn't be talking about all the players other than the point guard who aren't playing near their potential, because Jackson would be spoon feeding them.

Randle has some amazing skills, but he's got work to do actually making his team and teammates better at both ends before he can be put alongside Jackson.

Reply #570356 | Report this post

Vespa  
Years ago

Yes Marcus Camby.You love to deal in facts.The facts are than any coach after Marty
Could not of done any worse.They could not of finished any lower.That is all Kobe is saying.

Most people are saying that Joey has no plan B and should maybe get one.Which might help in certain situations during the game.

I've just been through everyone of your post you have posted on here. You are not even a 6ers supporter. That is what you clearly wrote on a earlier post from years ago.
If people would like to go back and read his post you figure out pretty quickly you are a troll.

Reply #570363 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Super effort from the Crocs. How late did the game go? Refs were a joke with the foul calls. Time for you Adelaide fans to realise Gibson is just coasting & no longer a starter in this league.

Reply #570364 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Wasn't just the foul calls, the ten-minute delay to put 0.3 seconds on the clock to end the second half for no reason didn't help.

Reply #570368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF Joey, please explain?!

5 minutes left in the game & joey calls a substitution and puts in Gibbo and Ebi. After about two minutes he had absolutely no choice but to take Ebi out, he was just awful!!!! However, he left Gibbo in for the remaining part of the game who didn't shoot, didn’t defend and turned the ball over! Teys and Sobey both playing reasonably well and never got back on the court?!

Better not upset team chemistry like Townsville - that would ruin our losing streak!! Fans aren't buying that shit....you just owe Ebi money or something?!

Joey, you have coached very poorly this year and it started before the season even kicked off with your pathetic recruiting!!

Reply #570371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey has lost the group! His sub rotations are terrible.You cant just switch everything on D all the time.Get off the refs and do your job!
Sack Marty!!

Reply #570373 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Troll away Camby, the 36ers needed to make changes they didn't, now they must deal with the consequences. They are one key piece away from being genuine contenders for the playoffs. Joey worded it that no move was to be made because of the risk of team chemistry, id risk team chemistry any day to avoid the risk of not making the playoffs. They must be damn tight friends to gift him an import spot on a team, not just a 10th man role. Something is fishy about how this season is turning out, Gibson a ghost, DJ not himself, Teys not even getting the hustle plays he is known for and we have a passenger bench import when i wouldve happily taken Omars 10 and 6 at worst!

Reply #570374 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

That... was painful. And season defining.

Reply #570378 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

In my opinion, there seems to be some unhappy campers in that 36ers team.

It doesn't appear that everyone is entirely on board and that is worrying.

Reply #570379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they are unhappy because they have to live in Adelaide!

Reply #570381 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

That play felt a bit like what Sydney do RE Childress. If he is even slightly open they go to him, even if there are people with a better path to the bucket.

Reply #570383 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I think you certainly have found a great player in Randle btw. Id like to see him stretched out a bit, but the guy has got moves.

The issue at the end of the season will be who can Adelaide put around him next season to not only compliment him but give more attacking options. You dont want to end up the one string Childress team.

Reply #570384 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Did someone really say he lost the group?? You obviously have no idea about anything related to the 36ers.

Reply #570386 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Re Jackson v Randle. If Jackson came into that Sixers team in the same way Randle did and was trying to learn the systems and his teammates on the run, he wouldn't have been as effective as Randle has been.

Reply #570388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The issue is not offensive! they regularly put put enough points to win games...

It's obvious why the sixers defense are giving up a so called cricket score. They lack a legit rim protector!!!! The failure to put a athletic shot blocking presence alongside Johnson is a huge recruitment failure.

Much like the united lineup last year of worthington and kickert. Neither can block shots, or are top caliber re bounders.

Until they address this year, you can expect their defensive woes to continue.

Reply #570390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most concerning thing is Gibbo's reaction after he threw the inbounds pass. Just stood and watched. No attempt to recover at all. Has checked out to Brisbane already.

Reply #570393 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Just watched the last 5 minutes of that game. Yikes! Quite an effort to lose it from that point.
On the other hand they clearly did something right to be up 15.

Reply #570394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure why Brisbane would want Gibbo. You could get a player like Weeks for 50K less and spend more on your second non marque import.

Reply #570395 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Having to wait until tomorrow to get the replay of this, looking forward to it. Saw the final play though, reminded me of 36ers nailing the Breakers in 13/14 off the inbound steal.

Reply #570398 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Still can't believe Gibbo threw that final pass, what a howler.

Someone on these forums made the remark that Gibbo hadn't seemed engaged with the team and play in general this season. Couldn't have been more apparent when comparing his play last night to that of his play in the Classic Bullets/Tigers game that was aired a few nights ago.

Reply #570401 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Gibbo hasn't really looked interested since he took the Breakers apart early last season.

Reply #570402 | Report this post

Flea  
Years ago

The +/- split numbers certainly indicate something is going on with Gibson at the moment. Three games in a row with a team worst result (-18, -14 & -9), his -46 total in those games is double the next worst result (Petrie at -23), and in that span he's dropped from 2nd on the team (+19) to last (-27).

Updated results for the season so far...
Creek +23
Teys +19
Randle +17
Sobey +12
Hodgson +6
Johns +3
Petrie -3
Larkins -3
Johnson -4
McNeail -6
Carlin -15
Walker -16
Ere -26
Gibson -27

Reply #570411 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

I don't think Gibson is maximising his potential

Reply #570414 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone noticed that Joey Wright only has 1 assistant coach compared to 3 or 4 for every other club. Judging by last night he looks like he is trying to manage the whole game by himself. Surely he needs help with rotation of players, the + & -'s of each player etc....They won't make the finals if this keeps up.

In that 4th quarter they had on Johnson, Sobey, Teys, Petrie and someone else and had the tempo and the game sewn up. Why chuck in Ebi and Gibbo to disrupt that is just mind boggling!

Reply #570415 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Such an exciting game I had forgotten until this morning that I had $10 on Crocs @ $3.50 for a win.

Reply #570417 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Those +- numbers don't add up, ie 18 + 14 + 9 = 41.

Even so, assuming it's the lower number Gibbo is -41 in 70 minutes in the past three games, and the team is +19 in the other 50 minutes. Wow. That's incredible for a guy who is usually makes his team better.

Reply #570424 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

That Gibbo pass at the end was not worthy of U/10 Div 4.

Reply #570427 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"All I can say is a big up yours to all the Croc bashers out there thet believe they shouldn't be in this league and are hopeful of their exit at the end of the season."

I think its the Townsville general public that don't think they should be in the league. The people of Townsville should be ashamed for not backing their team. The rest of Australia loves the crocs more than their own people do.

FOR GODS SAKE....GET OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!

Reply #570440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Has anyone noticed that Joey Wright only has 1 assistant coach compared to 3 or 4 for every other club."

KB's been in a good paddock surely he counts as two? ;)

Reply #570443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #570390...DJ is leading the league in rebounds and is normally a high level scorer so he's not all that bad and I don't think his defense has been too bad this season considering the load he has had to deal with.

The glaring weakness in this team is Ebi, on both ends of the floor. Even if you replaced him with a 3 & D type - you're winning.

However, the team balance isn't right. Ebi is limited to 1 position due to his 'abilities'...a position in which Creek, Walker and Teys at a stretch can fill.

The team as I see it is either lacking a PF/C type - think Ebekwe or a SG - someone like Andrew Warren.

Gibson at this point is only a serviceable back up pg.

Imagine a team(s) like the following;

C-Ebekwe
PF - DJ
SF - Creek
SG - Gibson
PG - Randle
Bench: Petrie, Teys, Walker, Hodgson, Sobey

Or;

C - DJ
PF - Petrie
SF - Creek
SG - Warren
PG - Randle
Bench: Gibson, Teys, Walker, Hodgson, Sobey

How about thoughts on a coaching change? What if we were to replace Wright and Brooks with McLeod & Flynn - thoughts?

Reply #570444 | Report this post

"All I can say is a big up yours to all the Croc bashers out there thet believe they shouldn't be in this league and are hopeful of their exit at the end of the season."

If they are going to enter in to VA in another off season then I will be glad to see the back of them, despite their impressive on court performances this year.

Reply #570445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's easy in hindsight but I'm sure Joey would do a different play, or emphasize a different option of that play if he could do it again. That was the worst option to get it to Randle there, as any deflection was instant death, as it proved to be. Down the line at least, if knocked free, was probably going back out of bounds or at least give you a chance to defend. They didn't have to score so play safe first.

Reply #570446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And 3 of those 3's that Djeric hit were because of the defence switching and doing a shitty job of it. Might be a message in that Sixers.

Reply #570454 | Report this post

Flea  
Years ago

Sorry Paul, that first number for Gibson is should have been -23, not -18. The -46 total is correct.

Reply #570463 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Just remember someone mentioned its half way through season,Sixers still can make the finals!!!!
As Joey stated we are not going to make any team changes.Kobe24 is still complaining,see who will have the last laugh.I said that Joey wont release EBi and i was right.
Just a bummer Sixers lost last night,sharp shooting from outside,very rarely seen at Crocs stadium for a while.We will bounce back with a win come Saturday.

Reply #570467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was any other import other than Ere then he would have been gone. This is where management needs to step in and have some balls. Friendship is getting in the way of coaching and best interests of the team. On any other team Ebi would have been gone a long time ago.

Reply #570472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In 25 years of supporting the 36ers, I have never been more ashamed at our efforts last night. 38 foul shots, 15 point lead with 5 to go. Gibson should be shown the door. He has screwed the team by announcing he was going to Brisbane to joey 1 month ago. When he sat that game with "soreness" was because joey sat his ass after hearing the news. Now look at the team. No one wants to play for each other.

Our defence is an absolute disgrace. Why do we SWITCH ON EVERY FUCKING SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!! there is no effort to fight around the screen or stay with our player. Smart teams run the offence till Randle is stuck down low on the block. Randle is gold with the ball attacking but there's a reason why he's not nba - his defence is shocking. He is lazy.

Also Kobe24- ere is the least of our troubles. Our "Olympian" shoots 2 fucking fgs. Fuck off to brissy you gutless flog Gibson. You were always overrated, now you're hurting the value of your next contract by playing like a 40 yr old social hack.

Reply #570475 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks Flea, incredible numbers whichever way!

Gibson has been bagged on here all season (and seasons before that) but has mostly been a valuable contributor, but his involvement has dropped off a lot the last three games (only 5a in total), and those numbers suggest something is going on behind the scenes, be it injury or something else.

Reply #570477 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Gibbo is an issue but unlike the IMPORT he isnt easily replaceable and in the case the 36ers had the balls to push Joey into cutting Ebe, Gibbo would be paid out regardless. The whole thing is silly at this point. The quickest fix to upgrade an NBL team has always been to cut and replace non performing IMPORTS. Hence Ebe has copped it this season, he is a passenger.

Reply #570478 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Changing the subject, WTF happened here?

Reply #570481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the pass wasn't on why didn't Gibson just hold onto the ball and cop the violation? Then you just dig in on D for a few secs?

I've seen it time and time again...Gibson is no good under pressure. Heck, he's not even that good without the pressure.

Best thing that can happen to the 36ers is him heading off to Brisbane. Good luck Lemanis!

Reply #570482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He also could have passed to one of the open players.

Reply #570485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game ending highlight reel, awesome for the NBL.

Reply #570488 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Kobe24 we don't know what was on Ere's contract. Perhaps there was a no cut clause. Owners aren't going to pay out a contract and then pay for another import. Gibson can be replaced, replaced onto the bench! Not sure why he is such a golden boy to Wright, Petrie had some off games and he put him on the bench, yet it doesn't matter how bad Gibson is he will always start.

Reply #570506 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

If the 36ers were naive enough to put a no cut clause in a 34 year olds contract, especially when he hadn't been seen for years, thats just bad business. A few people I've heard from, who are very knowledgable have said they assume this is the case, as he has been so low on impact compared to what was expected, that it could be the only reason he is still here. Even being mates, Joey would care for his own job before a friendship with a guy soon to retire anyways. And I dont think Joey and Gibson are getting along all that well of late, and its reflecting in Gibson's game.

Reply #570512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:07 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754