Isaac
Years ago

2003: Taipans fan attacks mascot

Cairns posted this on Twitter today:

Topic #38657 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Security was so much more lax those days. You used to get streakers and the like fairly regularly.
People just don't do that anymore, because the penalties are a lot tougher.
That bloke would get a lot more than just a life ban these days if he did that.

Reply #570150 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Hahaha i don't know why but I was in absolute tears watching that video. Bloody funny watching a guy dressed as a damn snake fighting.

Reply #570153 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

With that suit and mask on, you wouldn't be able to assess the threat properly. Is the attacker just a drunk idiot? Are they wielding a knife? So you'd likely have to treat the threat as serious. Poor snake.

Reply #570163 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Similar thing happened to the Croc about the same time or maybe earlier, up high in the stands. I remember the fan came off second best.

Reply #570214 | Report this post

just ask me  
Years ago

A situation happened in adelaide years ago where murray magpie was up in the corperate boxes. Some drunk fool decides he'd punch murray in the head, only to discover later when security took him downstairs and saw a poor lady holding ice on her head just what a f@#$up he had made.....

Reply #570250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember the croc in Townsville punching the piss out of a fan for harassing him fan was ejected from stadium with blood pissing from his face

Reply #570335 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Gotta feel sorry for those mascots.

Any fan who attacks one is committing a pretty low act.

Reply #570391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754