mystro
Years ago

R10: Kings Vs Breakers Vector Arena

Sydney come into NZ in last place at 3/10 and off a loss to Cairns in R9 while NZ are 9/5 in 3rd and unbeaten at home.

I can't see this Sydney team keeping in touch with NZ for 40mins, especially with NZ potentially fielding a full strength team for the first time this season with Tai Wesley expected back in the rotation.

Sydney will need big things from Khazzouh & Garlapp or NZ's bigs will have their way inside and give Abercrombie and Webster second looks from outside. Cadee needs to get the ball inside and actually run their offense making sure they are taking the right shots instead of hoisting up prayers late in the shot clock.

NZ by 13.

Topic #38660 | Report this topic

D4444  
Years ago

NZ by 30 more like it.

You can stick a fork in the Kings.

Reply #570410 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Kings will come out hard tonight. Wouldn't surprise me if they get up actually

Reply #570412 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Would surprise the f*** out of me!

Reply #570418 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Is Damion James confirmed to play?

Reply #570428 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Tipping Sydney to have their standard "meltdown moment" somewhere.

It's easy to spot - just look for instances of no offence, isolation plays by Cadee/Garlepp, Thornton, turnovers, bad shots and limited defence.

IF they can avoid that typical "meltdown moment" they could win.

The only issue for them is that that "IF" is, well, about as big as that Serbian bloke in the Spurs.

Reply #570466 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

NZB have come in to $1.06 in the betting, which basically represents the odds that New Zealand get roaring drunk before the the game.

Reply #570476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't rule the Kings out of this but they must reliase there's no I in team, the shoot happy guards got get it inside. Kings by 2.

Reply #570487 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"I don't rule the Kings out of this but they must reliase there's no I in team, the shoot happy guards got get it inside. Kings by 2."

You don't rule the Kings out of this, course not you picked them to win......

Kings by 2?

The team that hasn't won a game on the road vs the team that hasn't lost a game at home?

Reply #570507 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm predicting Sydney lose this but surprise Perth on the weekend with the upset there.

Reply #570511 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

I like their zone. Using their size to their advantage very effective so far.

Reply #570513 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Karn Kings...

Reply #570514 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

On another note, the scoreline graphics at the bottom look a bit better then usual this round for Sky telecast..

Reply #570515 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I wonder how far ahead, and how late, Sydney have to get before I'm forced to concede that maybe they're a chance...

Reply #570516 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

NZ playing pretty terrible and still in it at half time.

Reply #570519 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

If Sydney can keep picking up fouls off the NZ bigs, and sort out their crap on the rebounding front, they can do this.

Reply #570521 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Oh well.

Reply #570523 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

The Breakers with the win despite playing terrible. Webster with a pretty shitty shooting night but everyone bar Bartlett stunk from outside for NZ.

Ced Jackson & Mika Vukona with Double/Doubles. Charles Jackson & Tom Abercrombie both came up just short of Double/Doubles.

NZ beat Sydney 51-40 on the rebound count.

Reply #570525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings are a mess. They might not win another game the rest of the season. God help them on Sunday if Beal gets hot again.

Reply #570527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotter probably glad he's out.

There doesn't seem any team chemistry, they need some role players to many think it's about them. Time to see who's out there and start again.

Is this coach staying ? If not better get the new one in early, someone from who was there through the Gorgan era and understands what winning and playing tuff is.

Reply #570528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what did people think of damian james??

Reply #570529 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not quite Lebron is he?

Reply #570530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julian Khazzouh was pathetic in the second half tonight. As usual played with no heart and was softer than melted butter. One of the most overrated players in NBL history and a born loser. No one ever wins with this guy on their roster, period. Franchise centre my ass.

Reply #570536 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Better help defence, better offence - good movement and going inside. Thorton playing awsome. Kings got robbed by the Refs and ran out of energy in the 4th.

Reply #570574 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon - re James

He has a reasonable stat line for a guy who flew to Sydney the day before the game and then to NZ. The people who saw the game can give you an idea of whether he looked good getting those stats or not. I'm guessing he tired as the game progressed, given the travel.

NBL write-up "James looked impressive..."

Reply #570605 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Damion James had that look all game that players get when they have just met Mika Vukona for the first time.

Reply #570608 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Kings have done the best job this season of locking up NZ's offence and they did it again last night for a good chunk of the game, kind of reminiscent of what McLeod's Hawks used to do. Funny thing is, Breakers still score 96 somehow.

Webster v Sydney this year, 17ppg on 21/67 FG. Ouch.

Reply #570633 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754