PeterJohn
Years ago

What's the correct final score for Perth v Melb?

The NBL front page is showing 119-89 tyo Perth but Live scores is showing 113-83. FlashScore is also showing 113-83.

Can someone who was at the game confirm the correct final score?

Topic #38662 | Report this topic

andrewbprice  
Years ago

I noticed the last part of the play by play feed was mucked up too.
All the stats are duplicated for the last minute and a half of the fourth quarter. Might have something to do with it?

Reply #570396 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

It was definitely 113-83.

Reply #570397 | Report this post

Does that mean that Melbourne only got spanked instead of getting an ass-whooping?

Reply #570400 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Well 30 points in an ass whooping AND a spanking.

Reply #570413 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

losing by 30 and scoring 83 is ridiculous in the 40 minute format. But the NBL doesnt have scoring does it?

Reply #570421 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Thanks folks.

I keep a record of game scores for a model I run that looks at likely table finishes.

I notice that the NBL ladder has used the 119-89 result to calculate points for and against for both teams. Shouldn't matter at season's end but I've emailed them about it anyway.

Reply #570422 | Report this post

Speaking of spanking, Tomlinson is in need of one. I've never seen such a rubbish player act so petulant and whiney to the referees all game long. Isn't he meant to be a co-captain?

Reply #570423 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Yes but he's the Co-Captain of Whine & Flop United so it's to be expected...

Reply #570426 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

United still have the goods. Every team gets an ass kicking now and then. Ive no doubt United can spring back from this.

Reply #570430 | Report this post

three points  
Years ago

United does not have the goods. Untill they learn how to play team defence they wont challenge Perth or the Breakers. Heck the Hawks are now the legit third challenger in my books.

You just cant giveup a 113 in a 40 minute game.

Reply #570432 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, they're in a major funk right now but they have too much talent to just go away.
Last night might be the embarrassment they need to fire them up.

Reply #570433 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Melbourne has a chance at revenge on the Cats on the 27th at Hisense, but a month later comes back to Perth on the 29th.

They also have two games against New Zealand, away to North Shore, then back home, 4th and 12th of Feb. Those two games will be HUGE, quite possibly leaving the final ladder in dispute right to the end of the season.

Reply #570438 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Melbourne have lost 4/7 on the road, against 4 different teams, with losing margins of 11, 12, 15 and 30. This "ass-kicking" is not a huge outlier against those other top 4 teams, on the road.

Previously at home they beat Perth by 2 (Perth without Martin?), NZ by 1 (helped out by poor reffing) and Illawarra by 12 (in round 1, Hawks without Martin).

Reply #570449 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

The thing thats gonna benefit the Cats .. well I think it might is all these games on the Road. THere arnt playing at home for like almost 5 weeks. (I think the next home game is the 15th of Jan). Its gonna be a good test of their Depth and how they recover.

THey have Cairns twice, Townsville Once and Melbourne once. I think all of those games are winnable. Then Sydney back here at home. Wildcats might drop the United game possibly.

Reply #570450 | Report this post

PJ, I could be wrong but I think Prather was also missing from the game where United won.

Reply #570456 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Previously at home they beat Perth by 2 (Perth without Martin?)"

Actually we had Martin back that game for limited minutes off the bench, but we were without Prather.
United were without Warrick.

Reply #570457 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm a United member and have seen almost all of their games this season.

I've been pointing out on here for weeks that they are overrated. It's very hard to see them remaining in the top 2 or seriously challenging Perth or NZ come season's end.

Illawarra is indeed the third challenger now.

Reply #570459 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The one thing in United's favour is that they have a lot of talented individuals and a lot of scoring power, so they could have a hot shooting night at any time. If that happens to happen in game 1 of a semi finals series then it'll be game on.

But, as a general statement they are a big step below a full strength Perth and NZ- and have been all season. United's favourable early fixture and undermanned opponents, combined with a great start for the streaky Goulding made them look better than they are.

Reply #570460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Speaking of spanking, Tomlinson is in need of one. I've never seen such a rubbish player act so petulant and whiney to the referees all game long. Isn't he meant to be a co-captain?"

You obviously didn't watch Delly in the Finals last season

Reply #570473 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I have only watched two MU games (those against the Cats)
They have a couple of really good players, and a couple who play a particular role. The first game was very competitive, I thought they used their role-players well, and eventually won.

Last night they were hopeless. Too many passengers, too many one-dimensional players.

Reply #570522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PeterJohn, what does your model predict right now as far as who will win the title?

Reply #570570 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Cats always look good at this point in the season.
Remains to be seen how their aging players will hold up in the run home.
At least this year we have some depth.

Reply #570579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754