Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Crocs, Dec 12

Well I would say the rematch of the season, but I would be shot down in flames like a Russian fighter over Turkish airspace.

Sixers have lost free from free and need this one. In the last two losses they were able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If you're a Crocs fan you would still be happier than Bob Katter at a ten gallon hat sale. All I need Bob to say "there's a snake in my boot" and my life is complete.

There's not much more to say about how crucial this game is for the Sixers playoff hopes. Lose this and you might as well start planning the end of season fishing trip. Hawks are 8 & 6 and if the Sixers end up 7 & 10, that's a gap not even Evil Knevil could jump. Only a bogan from Salisbury would try it on his BMX.

If they snatch defeat from victory tonight, Matthew might as well post me over a Redhage singlet so I can join the dark side and change my allegiance to the Cats.

That won't happen, Sixers to bounce back and get this by 3.

Topic #38670 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs should bring Jett of bench and start djeric
Steindl needs to get up 15-20 shots to win

Reply #570613 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

What size are you Jack? Im going shopping today and Ill pick you up a Redhage singlet whilst Im out.

Reply #570614 | Report this post

OKC  
Years ago

Crocs by 8... If Steindl decides to shoot and the new import backs up his good start. Crocs win this and we're in with a slight whiff of playoffs possibility with a big run of home games to finish the season. It's gonna happen.

Reply #570615 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

XXL, better get it signed by the great man

Reply #570616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the 6ers run a starting line up of

DJ, Petrie, Creek, Sobey, Randle

I know many may say Sobey isnt better than Gibbo or Teys, but he plays with heaps more energy from what ive seen, at the very least you have to work hard to get on the court imo.

Id use Walker off the bench to back up Creek and Petrie

Give Carlin atleast 10-15 mins aslong as he hustles under the rim

Gibson needs a fire lit from under him so bench him, play him around 3 minutes a quarter until he earns more. Ebi gets a similar amount of minutes.

Id rather see our young guys who try hard play than older guys who dont.

Part of me doesnt think we would do much worse if we jsut replaced Gibbo and Ebi with Sam Johns and Carlin, atleast the young guys will hustle.

Stop the switch everyying crap, try a match up zone like the kings were playing vs the breakers last night, Smyth used these a bit from memory too, atleast we have guys running at the perimiter guys shooting and a guy or 2 under the rim to offer some rim protection and defensive boards or a man to man where you stick to your player full court. They cant be much worse on de so alteast try something else than swithc on everything and have guards beat our bigs on the perimiter crap we currently do.

Reply #570636 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

I'd start Teys rather than Sobey, but otherwise agree totally. Sadly, Gibson has brought a whole new meaning to the term "non-playing captain".

Reply #570638 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Gibbo is not going to get benched, he is the Captain of the club.

I'd bank on him playing harder tonight to atone for the mistake last game. Really that applies to the whole team.

The combination of the home crowd plus revenge will likely lead to a big game tonight from the boys.

Reply #570640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please please give all Ere minutes to Teys and hope Crocs leave him open like they do Ere. Start Gibbo but if just running around flapping arms , show him the Bench and leave him there.

Reply #570641 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Gibbo needs to step up, big time, on his past three games, but they also need to run some of the screening action they have for years that's got his midrange game going.

He's struggled from there this season, which seems to have killed his confidence, but get him a couple early and things can change very quickly.

Reply #570645 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

Personally, I hope the Crocs win in another close one.
I stand correct when I say, its Ok to challenge the decisions of others, especially when they earn big money, are olympic players and are big shots but they are human also.

Tonight we will see whether we have players who are committed or players who are passengers. Apart from Peach and Randle in the last few weeks, its been very hard to find more consistent players week in week out. Either way, tend to think it will be close.

Love to see Steindl take risks with 3's. #greatplayer

Reply #570655 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

^ I don't get it....you seem to support the Sixers yet hope the Crocs win @ Adelaide?

Whats the pay off for you?

Reply #570660 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Huge game at home tonight. Randle and Petrie playing great ball but need Gibson and DJ to stand up and play to the level they are capable of.

I agree that we need to see a lot more Teys in place of Ere. Hope Joey has finally laid down the law and told Ebi no more Krispy Kreme. I'd have him running on a treadmill next to the bench all game so the fans can see he's committed!

I don't think Sobey is ready for a start as defensively he still makes too many mistakes, but I loved his energy off the bench in the last game and hope he gets a chance to bring that again tonight.

Reply #570668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That one umpire is useless! How does he keep getting a game?

Reply #570671 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Nice find by Samhan there for the open 3.

Reply #570672 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Two of my least favourite NBL refs working this game, and they're already working their magic with a couple of awful calls and we're not even 1 Q in.

Reply #570673 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Samhan again with a nice find from the low post... Impressive.

Reply #570674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs hit the jackpot this this big guy..

Reply #570675 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

St Marys Alumni game out there!

Samhan, Steindl, Young, Hodgson, Walker.

Reply #570676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I allways thought the Crocs bring their A game for Perth but now they are starting to be consistent.

Reply #570677 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The fact that Jett is looking legit now on a regular basis is making a big difference.

Reply #570678 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

This is the worst reffing ive ever seen.

That call on Gibson..didn't even touch him. That offensive foul on Randle. Sobey basically hanging from the damn ring whilst the ball is bouncing around and didn't get called for goal tending.

Reply #570679 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Samhan's post moves need work. Travels nearly every time.

Reply #570680 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Has Leon Henry had a perm?

Reply #570681 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Back in college he relied on his size and bulk. Seems to be that that was his modus operandi and hence he never fully developed a wide array of post moves.

Wow. Gibson just looks seriously angry/disinterested. Even on plays where he usually gets excited and pumped you dont see it anymore..that layup at the half was a classic example.

Reply #570682 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He's definitely slimmed down a lot since I remember him in college.

Reply #570684 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

So, yeah, Sobey is an ok athlete I guess...

Reply #570687 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

More time needs to be allocated to Teys. Don't understand how he can be sitting so much.

Reply #570688 | Report this post

Roy Hobbs  
Years ago

Is it just me or are these refs really against anything exciting or athletic happening today?

Reply #570689 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's happening again...

Reply #570694 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I'm so glad the Sixers won.

My FB page "Shawn Redhage Appreciation Society - SA Branch" is now in mothballs and I have reigned my Presidency.

Reply #570697 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Good result for the Sixers but wow, the reffing both ways was absolutely horrible.

Reply #570701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad the 6ers got the win, i stand by my line up of Randle, Sobey, Creek as our best perimeter combination, not sure about all the stats of the combination, but we looked best with them on imo, they play with speed and energy at the very least.

I loved having Hodgson back, would love to see him get a few more mintues too

A much needed win, will have to improve a bit to beat the top teams though.

Reply #570705 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

Sandham looks great. Knows his way around the paint, soft touch, can and will find the open shooter. 11, 11, 4 assists and 2 blocks ain't too bad at all. The Crocs look good exploring early then dumping it down to the Sandman. Getting pretty good shots when running offence through him.

He'll tighten up that footwork and not turn it over as much, and he'll pick up his FG percentage for sure.

Looks a good find early. @Mick #SupMick #SupHaters

Reply #570715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow was that not the best defensive play we have seen on Randle and the ref calls it a foul on Jett! That right there turned the game. That was not a foul and he just bailed them out big time. Really seems like Townsville get treated as second class citizens as no one expects them to do well so the refs just expect them to lose also. Pretty bad imo.

Jett v Randle next game...can not wait! Jett could be best defensive player in the league

Reply #570722 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You are wrong as it was an obvious foul. Go watch the replay. First, Jett stops Randle's drive by holding him with his left arm. Then he fouls him again with his right arm. Correct call

Reply #570726 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Is the NBL Ladder only updated after every round?
It seems a very inconsistent system.
Friday night results are sometimes included on a Saturday. Should be done after every game finishes.

Reply #570736 | Report this post

Table 71  
Years ago

Touch the rim,

Sanham was 38% from the field. Not very efficient - certainly not for a 5/4. He also had 5 TOs. It's a stat line very similar to the player he replaced. It's consistent with how he has been performing in his recent playing gigs - I still question the signing. If you are just bringing in the same player production wise - why do it at all?

A balanced viewpoint is not "hating". It's just stating the facts.

Reply #570743 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Table 71 is absolutely spot on.

Surface stats don't always tell the entire picture.

Reply #570747 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Samhan didn't look great, but nor was he a negative to the team like Conklin had been on court this season. His passing out of the post is something the Crocs haven't had.

It's hard to tell yet, he's only played against a poor interior team, the Crocs are still figuring out how to use him and he's not match fit yet.

My early read is he's a solid signing if Schenscher's out for the season (or most of it) but a poor one if Luke's coming back as it will leave them with two immobile centres.

BTW, that was the worst display of officiating I can remember, just breathtaking. Raoul Kirsten was obviously being paid per travel! I just can't understand why refs who have been around many years but are still low performers are kept on the panel.

Reply #570749 | Report this post

Touch the rim  
Years ago

I agree with myself

Reply #570753 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Was it me or where there a lot of travels called last night? Was like an under 10 game!

Reply #570769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames you are obviously a 6ers fan (I'm a Melbourne one) and it was definitely not a foul by Jett! That was terrific defense.

Reply #570816 | Report this post

Dione98  
Years ago

Definitely not a foul by Jett. Go watch the reply and you see Randle grab and hold Jett's shorts. Very average refereeing towards crocs last night - Sydney Fan

Reply #570818 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Go watch the reply and you see Randle grab and hold Jett's shorts."

So you can some how see Randle's hand grab and hold Jett's shorts (because an offensive player always grabs and holds a defensive players shorts when they drive....) yet can't see Jett's hands on two occasions holding Randle. Clear foul on Jett

Reply #570823 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Good to have a bitta Hodgson and Sobey, with dj and gibson outta form

Reply #570872 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Was it me or where there a lot of travels called last night? Was like an under 10 game!"

I didn't get to see this game but there were a heck of a lot called in the Kings-Cats game too, especially early. Some that would have been let go any other round this season, and one or two that even after a second look I wasn't convinced were travels.

Reply #570873 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We gonna call more travels this week , just to f.u. around

Reply #570878 | Report this post

Ceres 24  
Years ago

KingJames you definitely a 6ers fan. I would agree no foul on Jett....just refs calling against Townsville as they have all season

Reply #570887 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754