Anonymous
Years ago

Cats v Kings Dec 13

WTF is with all these ridiculous travel calls against the Cats?

Topic #38678 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth is getting screwed.Especially big Nate

Reply #570770 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

no way! Perth get screwed?

Reply #570771 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

None of the calls I saw were that ridiculous

Reply #570772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No matter who coaches the Kings unless they get blokes to play D they'll never win a game.

Reply #570773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utoff only played 5 years?

Wow

Reply #570774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'None of the calls I saw were that ridiculous'

The Jervis one may have been a slight technical travel but Jawai's was definitely not a travel.

Reply #570775 | Report this post

Annoy  
Years ago

Seriously the Kings has no idea! This guy is a joke

Reply #570776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dat flop doe

Reply #570777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Thornton dat was pretty

Reply #570778 | Report this post

Annoy  
Years ago

Coach that is, what's with the towel, that interview with Rucker was hilaruous! Calling Rucker 'Sir' sums him up, ie should be coaching kids

Reply #570779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suggest you find a replay of the travel called on Jawai. Definite change of pivot foot and absolute travel, as was Knight's. Of course you could be like Derek Rucker and think that in professional sport they shouldn't worry about those "technical things"

Reply #570780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather out with injured Knee

Reply #570781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's the commentator with Rucker and Harvey?

I like him

Reply #570784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings led by 12 in nz. They are in ok form so perth needs to bring their A game from here. They have played lke crap so far

Reply #570785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis turning into a very nice post player

Reply #570786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 travel calls on Perth and zero on Kings in first half

Reply #570787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JESSE MUTHAFUCKIN WAGSTAFF

Reply #570788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

God Dan Ewing is terrible

Reply #570789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dollar Beal dropping dimes

Reply #570790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perth was down by 10 at one stage now up by 10

Reply #570791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JESSE GOING HAM

Reply #570792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff going beal

Reply #570793 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Love the TAB when the Kings play.

Kings Went up early, Perth blew out to $1.95 so i jumped on that knowing that the Kings will do their typical fold, crash and burn.

Kings start quite well but the TAB here in NZ don't seem to recognise it

Reply #570794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jessemaine Bealstaff

Reply #570795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Love the TAB when the Kings play.

Kings Went up early, Perth blew out to $1.95 so i jumped on that knowing that the Kings will do their typical fold, crash and burn.

Kings start quite well but the TAB here in NZ don't seem to recognise it'

The line for Perth was 7 points. Easy money.

Reply #570797 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Feel sorry for the Kings coach - an obviously very passionate coach gives it his all but the coach has never been the problem with these Kings. The players are headless chickens - no leaders out there

Reply #570798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth just showed why once they cranck the D up they are very, very god.Just having Martin back in the starting lineup has transformed their D.

Reply #570801 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

When I was trying to listen on the Radio the kings were ahead by a point. And now they lost by 19? Ouch.

Reply #570802 | Report this post

Annoy  
Years ago

Macdub are u be sarcastic? The coach looks qualified as a floor scrubber with him holding that towel all game! He has no idea mate!

Reply #570803 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Kings guards from downtown:

Thornton 0/5
Cadee

Reply #570804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real test coming for Perth. Cairns and the United on the road

Reply #570805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Kings the saddest franchise in Australia?

Reply #570806 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Kings guards from downtown:

Thornton 0/5
Cadee 1/9
Prewster 0/1
Carter 0/3

Combined 1/18

Some random plucked from the crowd probably could have shot that well.

Reply #570807 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Annoy,

So him holding a towell and calling someone sir makes him a bad coach?

I like him as a coach. The fact is that the players don't appear that they would listen to anyone - even if Pop walked through the door.

Can't be easy for him taking over a difficult group to coach, missing their superstar and one of their key signings, roster changes, off court distractions.

Have some respect mate.

Reply #570808 | Report this post

Annoy  
Years ago

The guys qualifications is that he is the former ball boy from the NBA, he has no idea, his timeouts are amusing, I agree his got energy. I will never forgot his chest beating in a time out hahaha still makes me laugh

Reply #570809 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Thanks Carter.
Changed the whole momentum in our favour with some silly plays.
Hire almost changed it back with the USF but Sydney didn't have it in them to fight for longer than a couple of possessions.

Reply #570810 | Report this post

Lad  
Years ago

Did you see Thornton break those fools ankles with a NASTY crossover then throw a no-look DISH to his man on the post. DOMINATION!

Reply #570812 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Props to My Cats, came up big in the last. Then after the game called down all the Cats fans in the crowd (me and my wife from the back rows included) to celebrate with them in the rooms. Great family club who gives back to the Red Army.

Reply #570813 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

To early to make any kind of decision on how good a coach he is. I missed last week's game, but he seemed OK today - I think the fire/passion was needed from the sidelines, as the last couple of coaches have been pretty laid back.

As usual Kings played OK for 3 quarters, but I never felt like they were going to win this one. I thought we did an OK job defensively in general, but Wagstaff just got hot, which was neatly coordinated with a stretch where we couldn't buy a basket.

Great game from Brandt today. James looked like Torrey Craig as far as rebounds and hustle is concerned, and seemed like a decent post defender, but it seems to take about 2-3 weeks for imports to find their feet offensively, which is just in time for him to fly back to the US...

Reply #570814 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Carter's currency has really dropped this season. He was GOD after game 2 of GF last season. He normally finds & helps potential premiers. He made the wrong choice this off season...

Reply #570815 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

His play is high risk and reckless. IMO he got lucky last season with plays coming off at a greater success rate than they should for what his ability is.

Reply #570817 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think any bet on the Kings of the rest of the season is a pretty optimistic.

They just can't seem to take a truck can they

Reply #570821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was pleasing to see Carter's bricks actually help the Cats win a game. Yes, I'm still bitter over the Grand Final loss of a few years ago. Who's bright idea was it to combine the two most irrational confidence guys in the league in Bartlett and Carter?

Reply #570824 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Carter was actaully a perfect fit for NZ because his risky style fitted in with the way they wanted and needed him to play the game.

But Sydney need a controlled PG and a floor general in those frantic times when they lose their heads - they don't need a PG jacking up wild 3s, gambling on the passing lanes or throwing wild passes.

A good reminder IMO that teams dont need to get a big dog..you just need to get the right dog i.e. personnel that suits the teams style and whats needed.

Reply #570828 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was the coaching direction for the Kings to keep jacking threes when nothing was falling? 3/28 3P by the end, I think. One of their worst ever marks.

Reply #570834 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

THe problem is .. if Sydney do clean the house out again.. you have the exact same issue as previous years. No loyalty /longterm point considerations, probably a highly paid import and bugger all around him.

Reply #570837 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Refs switched it radically and called a lotta travels, here and in adelaide.

Reply #570870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754