Matthew
Years ago

Markovic to play this season?

Anyone know how the guy is getting along? Ie anyone been to any Syd Kings game recently.. have they announced anything? Feels like forever since I saw him play. Would be great to see him back on the Court even if only for a few minutes.

Topic #38692 | Report this topic

Wookiee  
Years ago

Has he even been on the bench? Apparently needing medical clearance to play?

Reply #571018 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

the NBL website simply lists 'Illness: Game to Game'

Reply #571020 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

How long is a piece of string? With what he is potentially dealing with I doubt he will be good to go this season.

Reply #571023 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Markovic is suffering from depression, and by the looks of it he may not play the season. If he doesn't play for much longer you'd think Sydney would get an injury replacement?

Reply #571026 | Report this post

lolball  
Years ago

as much as this is a business, someone with depression doesnt need the added on thing that they are getting "injury" replaced... that would just mess with the person more

anyway the Sydney season is over, why would they go out and get someone else when they are out of the race

Reply #571027 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Its also a business though. The issue being here is that Depression would come under illness.. which is the same as the mumps, or Chicken Pox or etc. I know it does sound heartless but at the end of the day its a professional basketball team. It needs all its players firing and I really view it as no different than what some Adelaide fans want to do with Ebi.They want him cut and replaced.

Reply #571031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The depression thing isn't confirmed. Just forum speculation until Steve, the club or the league make an official statement.

My personal experience with depression was that exercise and group (or sports team) membership was the best medication.

Reply #571036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In all probability will never play pro basketball again. Has definitely played his last game for the Kings. The club wants him to retire but won't cut him.

Reply #571042 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Matthew what Markovic is dealing with and what Adelaide is dealing with with Ebi Ere are 2 very different issues. Markovic has some health related issues and can't play due them. Ebi is just another out of shape over the hill performing import. He has no medical issues what so ever he simply isn't good enough at NBL level anymore.

Reply #571044 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Exactly... An out of shape over the hill import is not the same as someone battling mental health issues... It's still injury-related though, so the Kings should have known when he started missing games, what the chance of him coming back was, so I don't understand why they haven't brought in an injury replacement... Sign him for as long as Steve is injured for and if that's the rest of the season, so be it... Unless they're counting using the Development PG kid who is off to college soon as one? Because that would be a stupid idea...

Reply #571047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

lolball, +1.

Wookiee, they might be handling it with kid gloves, and not wanting to make a drastic call out of deference to his own well-being.

Reply #571059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mental health issues, Huh? Why do people read into things that appear not to be true.

http://www.sydneykings.com/team-news/injury-update-markovic-to-undergo-surgery/

Reply #571213 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Isaac, I don't see how getting someone in to fill in and give someone with that particular "injury" is a bad thing, especially if it's for the purpose of allowing that player to get better properly in their own time... It just doesn't serve to hurt the team at the same time...

Reply #571218 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I agree Wookiee, it can be as much about how you handle it as what you actually do, but really we have no idea what's happening behind the scenes so it's hard to comment on this one, but certainly you have to tread carefully when the black dog bites.

Reply #571220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are people still talking about black dog issues?

Reply #571238 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754