The truth
Years ago

Could Garnett Be Traded

Strong Rumours of a deal with the pistion's and and timberwolves . Which could send Garnett to detroit in return for the two Wallace's

Really can't see it happening myself But it would be the biggest trade of this year's Offseasn
who would pepople think is getting the better deal ??

Topic #3870 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Charles Barkley. I'm sure there's been others but history has shown if you trade a genuine superstar (and Garnett is one) for good players, you lose, every time.

Reply #45016 | Report this post

jord  
Years ago

i reckon they will both get benefit but timberwolves would be getting the better deal

Reply #45072 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

good trade for the pistons

billips hamilton prince garnett milicic

and off the bench mcdyess.there still loaded

Reply #45085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good deal for who??

Detroit would be finished. Wolves would stay where they are.

Reply #45087 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

how would they be finshed.garnett is the best player out of the deal and milicic and mcdyess and do rasheeds job

Reply #45091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Milicic a long way off and McDyess will struggle with the extra minutes

The two Wallace boys do too much for the group to be lost, even for Garnett

Reply #45112 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Who says ben and rasheed wallace arent superstars! Defensively, you wont find 2 better interior defenders. The Pistons would lose out of that trade!

Reply #45147 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It's also rumored that the Pistons will chuck in two first round draft picks, so the total trade would be:

Garnett for Wallace X 2 plus 2 first round draft pics.

I guess the decision that McHale has to make is "do we rebuild". Hell, they are practically rebuilding now, and it's only gonna be a matter of time before KG starts moaning about not winning. The Wolves roster is weak with really only KG and Wally as the studs. In the West, not good enough.

If I were Kevin, I'd do the trade. Two all-stars for one MVP, plus two first rounders. This trade also benefits both teams as it sends the players out of their current respective conferences.

I don't think Dumars will pull the pin. The Pistons match up pretty well with every other team in the NBA with their current roster. I'm not sure if adding KG and taking away the Wallaces if the Pistons could match Miami, Nets and the Pacers next season. There is only one players that has a chance of going toe to toe with Shaq, and that's Big Ben, hence trading him put the Pistons behind the Heat. Interior defence wins titles!!!

Reply #45160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i rekon it would be mad if garnett moves coz i i rekon hed blossom in detroit workin with billups and hamilton.

Reply #45315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ben wallace would retire if he was traded, i recall him saying the pistons are the only team he will ever play for

Reply #45319 | Report this post

The Hammer  
Years ago

for the folks looking for this trade to happen sorry to tell you but its not going to Joe Dumars has said he wants to stay with his core of players that has been a success

Reply #45320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dumars aint stupid, he would NEVER make that trade.

If it were offered to McHale, he'd be stupid not to take it.

Reply #45325 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

If what Anonymous Says is true .. I really take my hat off to Ben Wallace he would have to be the only player that has loylty to his Team Making a statment like the pistions are the only team he will play with ... The NBA needs more players like that ...

Reply #45327 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Wallace is definately a loyal player. He stated that he will resign with the Pistons purely for the fact that they have stuck by him and has given him the opportunities.

As mentioned above, great trade for the Wolves, terrible trade for the Pistons. It ain't gonna happen.

Reply #45345 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer I can't really see this trade going through, Detroit would be stupid to do it. Why would you trade two of your starting five players from a team that has one a championship and followed that up with making the Finals again?

Reply #45351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754